Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

My New 8ight T!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:19 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My New 8ight T!!!

I finnaly bought an 8ight T!!! My first impressions of the truck are ITS HUGE. The truck was sitting in the showcase next to an Aftershock and was basically the same width and length! I asked to take it out so I could see it and man was I impressed. Everything is built so well on this truck. From the light wieght xtt tires to even the spacers that hold the wing in tight. Simply I thought it was well made. I was so tempted to drive it but I bought it on friday at my locol hobby store and it was raining all day. While I was waiting I searched through the box and found all kinds of goodies. The truck comes with an 1100 mah reciever pack and charger. The charger takes 6-8 hours to fully charge the battery. Kind of long but I had all day to wait(rain). The spin start is included also but it needs a flat pack upon use so I threw in a venom 1800 pack. My favoite box to open was the spectrum box holding my new dx2 radio.. There was also some tools like allen keys, instructions, manuel, even an ignitor that uses a c battery. So I charged everything up and waited until Saturday.

So on Saturday after work I started the break in process and got 2 tanks through. Started right up but from factory. It would not idle on its own so I leaned out the lsn 1/4 turn and the hsn needle 1/4 turn. It started right up and idled perfectly after it warmed up. On the first tank it was hitting temps of aboout 150-160. Driving slow in circles and basiacally letting it idle. I put after run in it and put the engine to BDC after every tank. The secound tank was about 175-180 on the temps. I had leaned it out some more to get the temps up. I was giving it 1/4 throttle blips. Slow on the throttle and slow off. Then it got dark and I was getting eatin by bugs.[:'(]. So I put it away for the night. I threw in some more after run oil and set the engine back to BDC. I also gave everything a good charge.

Sunday was a real fun day. I spent the whole day on the truck with me and some friends. (Its funny everyone brought there trucks and mine was the only one to stay running). The truck started right up and idled with me holding 1/8 throttle intil it reached over 100 degrees. For the 3-4th tanks I started to lean it out some more and held half throttle for about 2-3 secounds. Man this truck started to get faster and faster. Now that I see some speed (20-25) I really saw how well it handled. It was fun to hit the gas and give it a sharp turn and watch one of the the back wheels go up (because of the swaybars). The 650 steering servo worked well for the truck but I might upgrade later to increase in the handling department even more. I have been setting the engine back to BDC every time I ran it and put in after run oil after ever tank. The temps were now hitting 190's to about 210.

The 5-6 tanks were the end of my break in and even more exciting. I was doing 1/2-3/4 throttle up and down my block in blips. The temps finnally hit where I wanted by the 5th tank at around 240. After the 6th tank I gave a wide open pass and man was it fun to see those tires turn into pizza cutters so fast. I had a grin on my face from ear to ear. I kept going easy on the engine as it was still in the high 70's and left it rich. By this point I was done with the heat cycle method and ran through each tank without stopping. It took me a good 2 hours that day to finish the break in procedure and it was running phenominal. So me and my friends made plans to go to a local dirt site and really see how well it was made.

For the rest of the day I ran the body on and I have to say even though there are 2 big holes in the body from factory, the body could not disapate heat well. I was running rich and the engine temps were reaching 270's if I pinned the throttle to much. So I kept going easy on it and didn't really go past 3/4 throttle. It was so much fun to see the truck go up and down the gravel. It even drifted well! I jumped it many times and after a couple roll overs it was pretty easy to handle in the air. Honestly if you said you could not bash this truck you are seriously wrong. It handled what I threw at it and more. It never broke and fired up each time with out problems.

By the end of the day the truck was filthy and had scatches all over the nice new chasis previously and rear a-arms from the rocks it went threw. I brought it home and sprayed it down with simple green and cleaned it all off with the air compressor. I got all of 15 tanks through the truck and was very pleased. Nothing was broken and I gave it a good beating.

I ran it today 8/13/07 and the temps stay at around 251-255. I am still using the stock plug becuase it never died. When it does I have a back-up OS-8 ready.The tires showed little wear even though I did some driving on pavment. I used odonnel 20% fuel through out the entire time. I have all ready ordered some new diff oils 7000, 15000, and 3000. I also ordered 40wt shock oil to keep the 8ight from bottoming out. Next on my list is the jp-3 pipe and will order one in the next few weeks. I think I will keep the stock engine in for now and get used to the truck and its great handling. Its a BIG step up from my savage and it might take some time.

Unfortunatly I have not gotten a chance to take some serious pics yet but will get some up soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
NitroVenom

Default RE: My New 8ight T!!!

The first pic is when it was new and then the after effect of a day in the dirt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56018.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	741761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65302.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	741762  
Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds awesome... They ARE awfully nice looking, I must say....
Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Racing T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice man!! I hope you enjoy it, congrats!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Iron Degree

Old 08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Snaut Rocket

you should of got the kit ive heard of alot of problems with the rtr.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:01 AM
coololdude

Cool bro glad to see you went with the 8ight-T insted of the mug or the other things you've been wishing for..."L"..[&:]...oh crap better clear this up ...."L"...Not that there's anything wrong with the muggy....dang...I own one...you know someone would have gottin offended...."LOL"....At sometime bro clean out the diff's and put 7-10-3 in and you will be thankful later...makes it alittle easier to drive....Drive it like you stole it!!!!![8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 04:07 AM
coololdude

Just had to show you what I got a couple of weeks ago.......[8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
crazy maxx

yea that was a fun day.... next time we need to bring drinks. . to bad my t maxx wouldnt stay running.(f@#ck picco)
any ways truck looks great. it also runs great. and i told my dad that u wanted to race him. he said. ill just spin tires... my tires are bald...
Old 08-15-2007, 09:32 AM
NitroVenom

Yea ur dad is just scared he will lose.

coololdude How do you like the lrp in there. I want one but its fast enough for what it is. lol. It looks like the lrp was made to go in there. I already order 7/15/3. Wanted to lock the center a little more to get those wheelies goin.

I have to say I have my first problem. The throttle servo crapped out on me. I was driving it on the street, warming it up and it just died. I figured the only thing that could have done it was the heat from the engine. IDK. I will replace it soon. What should I get?

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28766.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	742533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56044.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	742534  
Old 08-15-2007, 01:27 PM
coololdude

No joking I have to be on the wheel with this one ...It is just WICKED FAST....and lots of torx....I keep up with the rossie's & the RB's.. with this engine...[8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Racing T

p
ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

you should of got the kit ive heard of alot of problems with the rtr.

Problems like what kind of things?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
NitroVenom

That is what I want to know. My only problem is my throttle servo.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
turbochad

There is a very in depth article on the rtr 8ight T in one of the magazines I just got and they are saying the rtr T is the closest thing to the pro model that you will ever find. There are just a couple differences which are very easy to upgrade. I will be receiving my 8ight T on Friday and can't wait! The only problems I have heard of are from the servos because the chassis has a bit too much flex.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
NitroVenom

That might explain why the throttle servo died on me.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:31 AM
pauley_12

nitrovenom look on the king heads site and get the Losi 8ight Rear Radio Tray Stiffener the split radio tray is good i have one but it cause alot of strain on the thorottle servo i brought the stiffner and not only does it keep ya servo from dying im getting better throtle response.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:44 PM
NitroVenom

I have been looking into it but since I bought a new servo, it hasn't died. I think the stock 270 just couldn't handle the strain. Is your throttle stock?

Edit: I also found out how strong the tuck is the other day. I was running WOT down my block when it went straight under a car. I had hit the brakes right before impact but it didn't help much. The best pat was nothing broke. I was so amazed!! We had to lift the car up to get it out. The only damage was I cracked the top of the body. This truck was really built tuff![sm=punching.gif]
Old 08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Iron Degree

hey.

My brother-n-law bought a 8T friday and the throttle servo took a dump already....[:'(]....do you know if Losi is gonna honor this problem and send him a replacement? Has any one delt with this ....I would like to see the manufacture take care of it for him.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Sugafree

ORIGINAL: Iron Degree

hey.

My brother-n-law bought a 8T friday and the throttle servo took a dump already....[:'(]....do you know if Losi is gonna honor this problem and send him a replacement? Has any one delt with this ....I would like to see the manufacture take care of it for him.
All the JR Stuff has a 3 Year Warranty, Just Send it in to Horizon Hobby and they'll send out a New one.......
Old 08-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Iron Degree

Thanks Sugafree...he will be happy to hear it..

Other than the servo , that truggy is really a kool rig ! Smokin' fast too. He is running a servo out of a old RC 10 he had in a basket.[sm=50_50.gif].lol
Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
nbescalade813
Banned

brett dont blame picco its just the tmaxx sucks
Old 08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
nbescalade813
Banned

yo john u tell em u got it ran over. tjat thing is gunna be a beast on the track. i havent been home but i sprayed round up in the back to kill the grass so hopefullyu we can get started on the track asap. later

p.s. my buggy runs it just doesnt move
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 PM
NitroVenom

HAHA you idiot how did you manage that? Did you ever fix the rear diff?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad i dont have a hobbyshop close that carries Losi! Or else the 8ight t would definately be next for me!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 PM
nbescalade813
Banned

howd i manage wut and i didnt fix it i gotta get to extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.