Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New Guy with a Losi Monster

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
tabraha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy with a Losi Monster

Hey folks just joined up tonight after I picked up my first "real" RC today. Went to the local shop to pick up a new RTR monster kit and got one that was there on consignment instead. I figured I could drop $400 into a new kit or buy this guys already worked up pretty good for $400 and get a little more bang for the buck! Anyhow I'm now rollin' this Losi:

Aftershock RTR Kit
Imex Swamp Kongs w/ Sayville Rims 8.5" x 4.75"
Roll Cage
O.S. 30VG(P)
hpi Goliaths w/ chrome 8 spoke rims 7.01" x 2.84"
HD chassis skid plate anodized aluminum
Extra Shock springs (8)
Tuned pipe and header
Painted Body
Wing kit
re-geared
re-sprung
all the original parts packed in a box
supposed to pick up one more set of tires and another body too!

Anyhow, I'm going to be reading this forum till my eyes bleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [&:]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:49 PM
benzzyo5

Default RE: New Guy with a Losi Monster

sweet!!...now just get some pics up....btw i have a afterhsock too and there really great trucks
Old 11-14-2007, 09:10 PM
mmbc

Hey man I have a aftershock too!Buy some proline crimfighters take of the back bumper and add a wing and you'll FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:26 PM
benzzyo5

why take off the bumper?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Get some pics of your new truck on here when you get a chance. Welcome!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
tabraha

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. It's at my office. I've been running it like mad in the parking lot there.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Super Spider

Also have an Aftershock, great truck! enjoy!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:10 AM
tabraha

Alright here's some cameraphone pics for now. A few poser shots with the body off and a survey grade GPS reciever attached to it. I bought this for work and play so I figured I'd show it rigged up for work. Doubt many have been used like this!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:17 PM
gt5500

Those tyres must be wierd to drive on they look massive! edit, they look like they are on the wrong sides of the car, tread looks backwards?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 PM
tabraha

They are huge and it definitely puts a damper on handling! Treads right though, these are patterned after Super Swamper Boggers.
http://www.zukiworld.com/month_11010...nbonebrake.jpg
Old 11-17-2007, 03:57 AM
gt5500

Urm you just posted a pic proving that the tyre treads are the wrong way round, the chevrons should have their 'points' facing into the rotation of the wheels, yours are facing the other way. The handling must be really bad with them on it right? the Jumbo kongs are even bigger can't think what they would be like!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:31 PM
tabraha

I see what you're saying now I don't know how I didn't notice that! I wonder if the R/C shop that had it on consignment swapped them out and didn't pay any attention (It came with 3 sets of rims/tires). I will say this much, evidently the tires dig well mounted either way b/c I spent 4 hours trying to retrieve the little bugger after I got it stuck in a drained pond I was trying to measure. The tires just dug right in and unfortunately sank it down to the chassis. I am going to try and seal the tires so I'll flip them around on the rims when I attempt to seal them. I'll see if I can get those cameraphone pics up this week of me getting pulled across the mud in a boat to get out to the damned thing to get it back!

As far as the handling being really bad, what handling!?!? Yeah it's really that bad! Not hard to roll it at speed to say the least. I'm ready to be done with this project so I can slap the smaller tire/rim package on it and open it up a bit more.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:03 PM
gt5500

ORIGINAL: tabraha

I see what you're saying now I don't know how I didn't notice that! I wonder if the R/C shop that had it on consignment swapped them out and didn't pay any attention (It came with 3 sets of rims/tires). I will say this much, evidently the tires dig well mounted either way b/c I spent 4 hours trying to retrieve the little bugger after I got it stuck in a drained pond I was trying to measure. The tires just dug right in and unfortunately sank it down to the chassis. I am going to try and seal the tires so I'll flip them around on the rims when I attempt to seal them. I'll see if I can get those cameraphone pics up this week of me getting pulled across the mud in a boat to get out to the damned thing to get it back!

As far as the handling being really bad, what handling!?!? Yeah it's really that bad! Not hard to roll it at speed to say the least. I'm ready to be done with this project so I can slap the smaller tire/rim package on it and open it up a bit more.
No need to change the tyre you should be able to swap the wheels from one side to the other, I can believe you have an LST and it doesn't handle well, I can feel your pain brother. Get some stock or smaller tyres on there the handling will blow you away.