Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Raminator

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:47 PM
rcdudegermy10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raminator

Mabye this is old news but idk...

Losi 1/8 Dodge Ramintor: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0020
Old 11-25-2007, 01:59 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Raminator

Old news...

That is the stupidest marketing gimmick joke of a toy-looking truck I've seen yet from a "serious" RC company....
Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 AM
KRO

That is the stupidest marketing gimmick joke of a toy-looking truck I've seen yet from a "serious" RC company....

I dont know about all that . Monster truck racing is pretty big here in the states . I bet you see more companies putting out licensed (sp?) trucks .
Old 11-25-2007, 01:28 PM
LOSI_OFNA
My Feedback: (49)

I love it. Losi is making different options of the Aftershock platform to suit the tastes of many people. Smart Marketing works everytime, the same old same old gets boring and looses sales.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:31 PM
HerrSavage

The Raminator is an over-blown match-box truck for children... It's the epitome of cheesy.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
LOSI_OFNA

So Losi makes Matchbox now? Cool Im buying stock in matchbox on payday. So I imagine you think the Aftershock and Mega Baja are cheesy as well, why not call the LST 1 & 2 Cheesy as well? Thats all the Raminator is, a different boduy on the Aftershock, which is a stripped down version of the best MT on the market, the LST2. I have all 3, the LST2, Aftershock and the Mega Baja and love each of them so much that the 2 Savages got booted to the curb for their lack of appeal along with their lack of performance and handling.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:45 PM
HerrSavage

Honestly, I think the Mega Baja and Aftershock are good, and within reason.. The Raminator, both for how it looks as well as the stupid name, is beyond the pale though.. It's just stupid, and give's serious RC a bad name.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:49 PM
LOSI_OFNA

Its just a lid, paint and a name, the OUTSTANDING Losi Quality is still there. I wish the would come out with Maximum Destruction version instead of the Raminator though.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 PM
iexion

If anything Losi should of Got a nice big and fancy box to sell The or A Pre-painted body and wheels set.. " But wait it has a 2.4ghz radio " How about companies making "up-dated conversion" or something and stop re-releasing the same dam truck with a new body and a few extra added things that could of been on the truck when it came out of the factory [:@]
Old 11-25-2007, 01:57 PM
LOSI_OFNA

When the Mega Baja came out, JR was still merged with Horrizon Hobbies, but shortly after the release JR went elsewhere and Spektum was used instead. Its not a big deal, both are great radios and I have several of both in the collection. Everything Losi from here on out will more then likely be Spektrum equiped
Old 11-25-2007, 05:15 PM
mtbkym01

I though JR owned Spektrum anyway. i mean the cases of a XR2i and DX3.0 look identical apart from colour, a JR Z590 has the same specs as a Spektrum Z590. The 2.4 ghz with the Raminator is a fairly cheap looking Losi branded radio, so is it made by Spektrum?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
LOSI_OFNA

The original Spektrums were only using JR cases because JR was under contract with Horizon, the new ones do not. Spektrum is owned and destributed by Horizon, where JR has now moved on to other ventures. Horizon owns Losi and Sportwerks as well, so their productsthat come with Spektrum radios will all have new, non-JR, case designs. The Spektrum that comes in the new minis and Raminators is the original Mini T designed case. Its might not be computerized, but for the cost of the RTRs being so low who cares, its still a spektrum.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
JSRacer

Team Losi is beginning to seem alot like Traxxas, I hate to say that! Full of gimmicks! Of course underneath the body it is the same great LST platform but man, where's the class? Mugen Seiki has class. X-Ray has class. Kyosho has class. Team Losi is losing their minds! With all that said, it's all about money and I bet their sales are up in the last year while they've unveiled all their new models. Maybe an LST3 is in the works? Let's hope so!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:46 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: LOSI_OFNA

The original Spektrums were only using JR cases because JR was under contract with Horizon, the new ones do not. Spektrum is owned and destributed by Horizon, where JR has now moved on to other ventures. Horizon owns Losi and Sportwerks as well, so their productsthat come with Spektrum radios will all have new, non-JR, case designs. The Spektrum that comes in the new minis and Raminators is the original Mini T designed case. Its might not be computerized, but for the cost of the RTRs being so low who cares, its still a spektrum.
Thanks for answering that, makes sense, and yes your right, that radio is fine for a rtr basher, not may rtr's come with DSM!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:30 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Picture is a link to JR's website, a Horizon brand.
[link=http://www.jrradios.com/AboutJR/ContactJR.aspx][/link]
Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 PM
2DMaxLST!!

If I did not know any better I would say Horizon is trying to make a profit and produce products that sell in large volumes!!! [X(]
Old 11-26-2007, 05:54 AM
HerrSavage

It's like television.. The more popular you want to be, the more you have to dumb down what you're trying to get people to consume...

Put simply, more dumb = more popular.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:11 PM
9five9

how about the mini raminator? the mini LST 1&2 are pretty sweet trucks, but they took that platform, took one of the motors out so it's only single motor driven, and are charging almost the same amount of money for it. I don't know about the big version, but as far as the little one goes, I'd rather just stick to my MLST
Old 11-26-2007, 02:12 PM
HerrSavage

I'm just gonna wait for the Bashalophogusinator to come out in neon purple with dinasaur cartoon graphics...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:12 PM
9five9

you do that then, I hope it's everything you ever dreamed it would be
Old 12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Jrgunn5150

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

If I did not know any better I would say Horizon is trying to make a profit and produce products that sell in large volumes!!! [X(]

Yeah, they act almost like they are in business don't they?

I do like to see innovative, but I understand squeezing every dollar you can from a platform too.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
HighClassBasher

I agree 100% with PatrickBW!! I honestly couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the ad for the "Raminator" i thought it was some radioshack truck.....then i saw LOSI[X(][X(][X(] I honestly cant believe a GREAT brand like Losi stooped this low[:'(]
What is the world comming to[]
My 2 cents
Old 12-04-2007, 07:56 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand what everyones problem with the Raminator is. I know some people don't like the styling but that doesn't make it a bad truck, and the DSM radio with digital servos is a nice upgrade from the aftershock. I just got the 1/18th Raminator a couple weeks ago and I love it, so much so that now I plan to buy the 1/8th Raminator when I can afford it, and I might sell my T-Maxx and E-Maxx to do so.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:35 AM
HerrSavage

It looks ridiculous. It's a ridiculous concept - but yes, such ridiculous concepts (otherwise known as marketing...) make the world go round..

But you're right - it's just the body and rims.. Replace those and you can join the club...
Old 12-05-2007, 08:30 AM
rob123

You know I have the lst2 and I love the truck it is very well made truck. But there is only one problem that I have to agree with some of the things the guys post here. I go far back into this hobby remembering when team losi first started out, with gil losi him self and his father when they designed the first jrx2 buggy car. Now that those guys are no longer around I often wonder if these vehicles would ever be the same again, Now that the real losi guys are no longer present any more. As if now we really don't need a raminator truck, Nice but not needed. What next a bounty hunter or a grave digger, How about the superman truck. You see thats my point, There is no need to make the same platfrom with different bodys and (diff) kind of color wheels, Thats just to much. How about a new (lst2 Pro) or (CR COMPETITION READY)something like that. Like hpi does when they brought out the new savage x 4.6 Don't get me wrong I like the raminator and I like the 2.4 radio it comes with, But like I said, Its just to much!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.