Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
 I NEED A ALIGNMENT ON MY LST HOW DO I DO IT >

I NEED A ALIGNMENT ON MY LST HOW DO I DO IT

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I NEED A ALIGNMENT ON MY LST HOW DO I DO IT

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED A ALIGNMENT ON MY LST HOW DO I DO IT

DO I HAVE TO BUY ONE OF THOSE EXPENSIVE ALIGNMENT TOOL SEETS FROM TEAM INTERGRITY FOR 125 BUCKS
Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 AM

Default RE: I NEED A ALIGNMENT ON MY LST HOW DO I DO IT

That wouldnt be a bad option but it IS costly.

If you have some patience and time you can set up your LST

As far as MT.. like the LST2-Aftershock-Mega Baja etc.. you can buy aftermarket A-arms that allow you to adjust the "camber" And toe in/out you can already adjust front and rear. For a full set (all way round) of RPM arms, its gonna run you around $60.

But to simplify your question, NO you do not have to but a $125 kit "thingy" to align you Vee-HIC-el

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...ires/73192.htm
Old 12-17-2007, 09:02 AM

I just eyeball the toe in/out and camber but I don't race. Several ways to get an actual measurement though. I tried removing the wheels and then I had some 1/4" plywood lying around so I cut a couple of squares about 8" , drilled a 1/4' hole in the center and then put them on the axles and tightened them down with the wheel mounting nuts. Not real high tech but it worked for me. Measurements between the front and rear edge of the plywood greater in front is toe out and so on.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM

I also just "eye'd" it. Took off the front and rear tires and started messing with the toe in/out. If i would of hard the correct tools i would of made my own adjustment set-up station also[:-]
Old 12-17-2007, 05:49 PM

Just for grins at 4 inches from the axle 1 degree is .07 inches or roughly 5/64 of an inch. My round about math was 3.1417 x length of mechanical device (in my case 8 ")= A number. Divide A number by 4 (gives the length of the 90 degree arc) and then divide that by 90 to get the fraction of inch = to 1 degree. There's most likely a fancier formula with fewer steps but I ain't that educated.
Oh yeah, 1/64 = .0156 and you can divide whatever answer you come up with by .0156 and that will be
your answer in 64ths.... .07/.0156=4.5 so I rounded up.
1/32 = .03125
1/16 = .0625................. by the math 1mm = .03937
1/8 = .125
Old 12-17-2007, 06:04 PM

I did the same as Grits. I used 3/4" mdf,4" squares, with the holes drilled for a tight fit on the axles. Make sure the wood blocks are tight and flat against the hex hubs. An easy way to measure toe in is to use a speed square, available at any hardware store. They're graduated in degrees. I run my Picco T-Maxx with 3 deg. toe in the rear and zero deg. in the front.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 PM

do you guys have any pics of what you guys are talking about when my truck first starts off the front wheels shake do you guys think that is what is wrong...
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Picture in your mind square wheels that are 1/4" (mine) or 3/4" (nitrorcjunkie) thick. Pretty much anything stiff will work if it doesn't have to support the truck. I use a high tech, super fancy stand to sey my truck on, a large maxwell house coffee can
You can use a piece of string to tie the arms up at ride height level if you want, loop it around an arm and then take a few rounds on the body mount. As you can tell, I'm into the high tech methods.