Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock Upgrades - LST2 Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock Upgrades - LST2 Ordered

I'm about to order an Aftershock (After much consideration and deliberation), and some immediate upgrades. This is what I'm thinking:

- Dynamite Engine Brace
- Ofna 17mm Hub Adaptors
- Losi hard (yellow) springs
- Losi HT Pipe
- Alum clutch shoes
- Losi Spin Start
- LST2 throttle/brake linkages

Is there anything else you guys can think of? I was considering some LST aluminium shocks, but have heard that the plastic body shocks perform very well anyway.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-19-2007, 01:31 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Aftershock Upgrades

I say just go Lst2 its way more durable there was a post here comparing them both and i have to say that there is a huge difference.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:03 AM

I was tempted to just get the LST2, but decided on the Aftershock, $215 less, and I would still wanna spend $ on the LST2 anyway, on Engine Brace, forward only conversion etc...I realise the LST2 has a better radio, but I'm gonna use my spektrum anyway, and sell the RTR radio. And I will upgrade the Aftershock to LST2 specs as time goes by and parts break anyway. I really enjoy wrenching on my RC's and did the same with my ST now ST-R truggy. I know in the long run, it may cost me more but, as a gradual expense it is less noticable than up front spending.

Thanks for you opinion though, and if anyone else has any, please feel free to share it[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 12-19-2007, 02:10 AM

Yeah your best bet is to just wait ( save more money im guessing ) and get an LST2. Judging by you wanting to put upgrades on the Aftershock, you looking for something a bit more then to just mess around with. So the LST2 will be worth spending the extra bit of money. www.killerhobbies.com has the LST2 for $550 [sm=thumbs_up.gif](have to log in to see the real price)
Old 12-19-2007, 02:27 AM

Shipping to Australia would be a killer though (no pun intended), and the radio would be illegal here if it's not 40mhz fm (not sure on that front), making it harder to sell on ebay. I appreciate you guys suggesting the LST2 straight away, but i'm still thinking the aftershock. I guess if everyone says just get LST2, maybe I will go that way, I dont know, I'd made my decision, but now am unsure again.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:56 AM

I Agree with the Others, By the Time you Set-up the Aftershock they way you want it......You'll have Spent the Money that a LST2 Cost....

Heres a Thread Showing Most of the Up-Garde on the LST2,
Difference's between the LST1/Aftershock & the LST2
Old 12-19-2007, 03:20 AM

OK, now I am starting to be swayed to the LST2, tell me, does the LST2 come with a spin start and reciever pack, or is that still gonna be extra expense?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 AM

ORIGINAL: mtbkym01

OK, now I am starting to be swayed to the LST2, tell me, does the LST2 come with a spin start and reciever pack, or is that still gonna be extra expense?
It comes with a reciever pack,But you'll need to buy a 7.2V Stick pack for the Roto Starter....
You can Find cheap ones though.... http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/b...200-detail.htm
Old 12-19-2007, 04:14 AM

That's allright, I have 5 x 7.2 volt stick packs here already
Old 12-19-2007, 10:11 AM
My Feedback: (7)

hey thanks sugar free thats the thread that i was talking about. i was going to buy a new lst2 when i found a used one local through craigslist.com i bought it for 200 u.s. dolars it had some front end damage only cost me 20 u.s. dollars now its the truck that i moslty bash and Wot around were ever i go its in my trunk ready to come out and kick some ass [>:] i havent broken anything either
Old 12-19-2007, 01:08 PM

About the Aftershock, why do you want an engine brace?[&:]
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Duratraxman1

About the Aftershock, why do you want an engine brace?[&:]
The Stock Cast ones Cracks Pretty Easy.......
Old 12-19-2007, 06:30 PM

ditto on the lst2 i have one and the only thing i have broken are the spindles ...got aluminum no prob i dont think i bash as hard as some others on here but i do put it through the ringer the link above is the best comparison so far also the site it is on has tons of info available at a glance
Old 12-19-2007, 09:46 PM

I have a aftershock. I think its pretty tuff. I say go with it. you wont be sorry. cant beat the price.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 PM

I have a aftershock, and I did some upgrades, and my buddy has a lst2 with some upgrades and to be completely honest, his is no better than mine. We just bash and jump ect, no track time, and I say they are equal for what we do. But so is my MGT, it did all the same things with the same amount of fun. If you have a chance, save the money.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:59 AM

Default RE: Aftershock Upgrades - LST2 Ordered

Well thanks everyone, You just cost me $230 AUD more![sm=48_48.gif] I just placed the order for an LST2. I've also ordered some yellow springs and the Dynamite engine brace, and a new failsafe, plus a spare flat reciever pack.

Thanks again for everyones feedback and advice, This thing is gonna be sweet alongside my ST-R[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 12-21-2007, 09:54 AM

good job you WONT be disappointed as mine has been a blast ... i ran out about a gallon a week the first two months i had it but now i have kinda slowed down because of work and one of the new servo i got for the steering gave it up after about 4 tanks ...waiting for horizon to return a new one or fix the one i sent in as all the j.r. stuff has a three year warranty hopefully we will get a little snow this year here in North Carolina ... just wondering why the stock radio is illegal in aussy land
Old 12-21-2007, 10:44 AM

Actually you dont need a 7.2v pack for the spin start.
All you need is cordless drill and you have a drill start.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: full maxx

good job you WONT be disappointed as mine has been a blast ... i ran out about a gallon a week the first two months i had it but now i have kinda slowed down because of work and one of the new servo i got for the steering gave it up after about 4 tanks ...waiting for horizon to return a new one or fix the one i sent in as all the j.r. stuff has a three year warranty hopefully we will get a little snow this year here in North Carolina ... just wondering why the stock radio is illegal in aussy land
The only legal ones here are 27 & 29MHZ AM, and 40MHZ FM (Land based vehicles I'm talking about) aswell as 2.4 GHZ of course. Some of the others that come with RTR kits sold in the states, are reserved for certain emergency services and the like. If the kit is bought here, it comes with a legal radio anyway, just may have to pay a bit more, but less hassle. Cant wait for it to get here, Got permission from the Minister for War and Finance (Wife) to spend the extra on the LST2, and ordered it before she changed her mind [>:]
Old 12-21-2007, 01:54 PM
KRO

Cool , your wife sounds like mine SHe has never once b!tched at me for buying RC stuff .

The LST2 really is the better choice , forget about the better radio .

Youre getting tougher suspension , better motor , better axels , better diffs , better tires and wheels(IMO) ,

It IS worth the extra dough if you have it .
Old 12-21-2007, 09:12 PM

Minister for War and Finance (Wife) ... thats funny lmao hehehe
Old 12-22-2007, 01:38 AM

The LST2 here comes with the JR 40mhz FM synthesized radio (JR XR3i), which is a good radio, I'll probably sell it though and just use my Spektrum, dunno yet, will wait and see what the JR is like first
Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 AM

yeah j.r is excellent equipment as it is made and owned by horizon hobby just like the rough and tumble lst2 and all the losi products
Old 12-22-2007, 09:56 PM
KRO

The LST2 here comes with the JR 40mhz FM synthesized radio (JR XR3i), which is a good radio, I'll probably sell it though and just use my Spektrum, dunno yet, will wait and see what the JR is like first
The JR XR3i feels and works exaclty like a Spektrum DX3.0 , the menus and scroll/button functions are all the same (they are basicly the same radio , but the Spek is 2.4 Ghz).

I meant that even if you took the JR radio out of the picture , the LST2 is still a better buy than the Aftershock/Mega Baja is .

I agree, sell the radio on Ebay and use the Spektrum radio instead . You could probably get 70-80 dollars for it .
Old 12-23-2007, 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: KRO

The JR XR3i feels and works exaclty like a Spektrum DX3.0 , the menus and scroll/button functions are all the same (they are basicly the same radio , but the Spek is 2.4 Ghz).

I meant that even if you took the JR radio out of the picture , the LST2 is still a better buy than the Aftershock/Mega Baja is .

I agree, sell the radio on Ebay and use the Spektrum radio instead . You could probably get 70-80 dollars for it .
Yeah, the only reason i'm thinking of using the Spektrum is of course the DSM technology, will need to purchase another receiver though. (I thought Spektrum was JR's DSM system anyway, radio's look the same, servo's are the same, but got told different).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.