Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
 I SET TIE RODS TO SPECS IN MANULE AND WHEELS ARE NOT STRAIT   ANY HELP >

I SET TIE RODS TO SPECS IN MANULE AND WHEELS ARE NOT STRAIT ANY HELP

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I SET TIE RODS TO SPECS IN MANULE AND WHEELS ARE NOT STRAIT ANY HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I SET TIE RODS TO SPECS IN MANULE AND WHEELS ARE NOT STRAIT ANY HELP

THE WHEELS POINT INWERD AND NOT STRAIT FORWARD SHOULD I JUST ADJUST THE TIE RODS BUT DONT UNDERSTAND IF SET TO SPECS WHY ARE THEY NOT STRAIT.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:20 AM

Default RE: I SET TIE RODS TO SPECS IN MANULE AND WHEELS ARE NOT STRAIT ANY HELP

If you have the BAC steering link then the stock length on the tierods will be too long. I think, if you have the BAC link, you'll need to shorten the tierods by just a little over 2 mm to get back to stock. If you are dealing with an LST2, or others with the upgrade kit, the C-hubs can be installed on the wrong side of the truck causing problems. Again, I think there are arrows on the hubs(carriers) that should point forward when installed correctly. At any rate, if these are not the problems you can adjust the tierods to give whatever amount of toe in/out you want. The LST2 and others with the kit will not have a tierod on the rear. Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:47 PM

Default RE: I SET TIE RODS TO SPECS IN MANULE AND WHEELS ARE NOT STRAIT ANY HELP

They should be like this,( The wheels Tow in a Bit)
Old 12-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Well, not knowing if you have a Muggy, LST or LST2, you want 3 degrees of toe in for the rear and a degree or two of toe out in the front. As mentioned, the LST2 rear is not adjustable, but you can get the carriers on wrong. Having a slight amount of toe out in front makes the steering much more responsive in the first half of a turn. Having the toe in for the back end helps keep the truck going in a straight line.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Sugafree

They should be like this,( The wheels Tow in a Bit)
wow thats really clean unless its new or is it just the engines new
Old 12-22-2007, 06:14 PM

That was my 3 Year Old LST1 after the Up-Grade Kit and a Few Extras.......
Old 12-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Thanks guys for all the help and the good pics i will do my best to try to get them right...