Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

THE GREATEST AFTERSHOCK THREAD EVER!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Terry12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE GREATEST AFTERSHOCK THREAD EVER!!!!!

nice. i love the pictures of the BIG air. what exhaust is that you have on it?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
badbowtie

I have a aftershock with the .26 stock motor with a rd logics pipe on it and I am going through glow plugs like crazy and it is running pretty good. I am thinking that maybe the motor is shot but I don't think that is the problem. What glow plugs are you guys running I am running to the local hobby store tommorow and hoping to pick so good ones up. What should I get.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

I'm still running the stock plug (after break-in on 2 different engines, and still works) on motor #2

Sirio S5 on motor#1

With High-comp head button, O.S. R5 on motor #3

In my past experiences, when I melt down a plug, it was usually because it was too lean (run too hot) and step down one heat range.

20% nitro?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:58 PM
badbowtie

I am running 20% and I don't even remember what the stock plug is supposed to be.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Terry12

I recomend using o.s plugs. if your burning out plugs, it must be because they are getting to hot. from running too lean most likely. like the other guys said. that is the onhlythign i ahve had kill a glow plug on me. i find the o.s. plugs to be Extremely durable. i recomend the O.S. #8 for cooler weather, the O.S. A5 for warmer weather, and the O.S. R5 if your really going to lean it out. i have never used one of the R5 plugs, but i hear they are really good, and can survive really lean needle settings. Duratrax also akes really good glow plugs too. they have a medium, the carbon. And a cold, the gold plug. my dad is runnig the carbon plugs in his and they are really good. hasnt burned one out yet and they help hold a good tune.

for the os plugs:
http://www.osengines.com/accys/glowplugs.html

Duratrax carbon:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAAX2&P=7

Duratrax gold:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXABK8&P=7

Old 02-24-2008, 03:00 PM
evad1

I just wanted to say when these truck are set right they scream. I took my ashock out to day and when it finely started and some what got it tuned for the whether it flow. I am finely happy with my ashock.

I do have a question though how do you know when your engine goes south for good? I am asking because i am having a really hard time starting the engine or is there something else it could be. when i do get it started it screams.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

Generally, worn out engines have no compression seal.
Driving without the airfilter is a fast way to wear it out. Scratches will show up on the piston, and won't hold a tune, or run long. And new plugs don't seem to help.

HPI's webpage shows what the engines look like when worn out.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Terry12

if you can pull the pullcord and fel no compression when the piston gets to the top then it is worn. so basically if you can pull the pull start with ease, you ahve a problem.

you might have trouble starting the engine for other reasons.
you can try priming it if you are not. put your finger over the stinger and pull untill you see the fuel go through the tube and reach the needle valve. make sure you glow plug starter is fully charged. you can also try puttign a drop or two of fuel down the carb and starting it that way.(with the filter back on ofcourse) also make sure you are not flooding the engine.

let us know exactly what your method for starting it is. it could be somethign very simple.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:07 AM
evad1

Terry i have the roto start on mine how do you tell by the roto start?

i start my truck in this order

-turn the remote and truck on
-i prime the fuel with the primer on the fuel tank
-put the glue plug thing on ( cant remember what it is called at the moment haha)
-put the roto start in the back plate and press the button.

jake
Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 AM
kurtz

[link=http://www.ultimatehobbies.com]Ultimate Hobbies[/link] has the Aftershock for $329.95.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
atv_motocross#38

ORIGINAL: Terry12

Well i FINALLY got the 12 piece carbon fiber kit i ordered. it only took about 3 hours to install but it is worth the efort. this thing looks insane. and its lighter. also when i had the car apart i took apart the diferentials and filled them with silicon lubricant. 5000 weight for inside the dif cup at 50000 for outside the dif cup. makes those things really smooth, and they should last forever.

next on the way for install are the lst2 a arms and cvd shafts and lst2 gass tank, because it is bigger.

anyways here are the pictures of the carbon fiber kit installed.

How much bigger is the lst2 tank compared to the aftershock tank?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Terry12

the LST2 tank is 220cc and the aftershock tank is 171cc. you get a really really long run time wiht the lst2 tank. nto sure if it is race legal, but who races an MT anyways.

and for evad1,

that sounds like a good way to start the truck. make sure your glow plug igniter has a good charge, and test to see how much it makes the plug glow. also make sure every part of the plugs coil is glowing. as the plugs get older or if it is just a bad plug you may see only part of the coil glow. i dont know if you have weather as cold as i do but you can also try a warmer plug. also i find sometimes the primer on the losi tanks doesnt work that well. to prime my engine i always put my finger over the stinger (muffler) and turn the engine over without the glow starter off. this will pull fuel through the line quickly and make sure it gets into the carb/engine. if my engine is being really stuborn in the cold weather i put a few drops of fuel down the carb. if you trying to start it and you are getting no firing at all it is mostly a glow plug problem. if the engine is flooded i find when i pull i get HUGE compression/Kickback to the point where i pull my truck off the ground by the pull cord. in that case i just hold the throttle open for a minute and let some fuel evaporate.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Frozen72

Has anyone really bashed one these I'm looking for a first Nitro and I need to know if it would hold up to about 5-10 foot jumps with good and BAD landings.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Terry12

this truck will handel it just fine. in my opinion it is much more durable than most MTs. And if you ever did break somethign you could slowely upgrade with a few lst2 parts, as they are all compatable. i ahve taken mine of some good jumps, and had a few bad lanings and i hvaent broen anhting. the only time somethign on my truck broke was when it got hit by a real car. i think it was a toyota camry. the car broke 2 a-arms and part of one fin was broken of the engine cooling head. other than that not a single scratch. one quick visit to the local hobby shop to get the a arms and i was back on the road.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Frozen72

Thanks I'm trying to decide between this and a Ofna buggy. I don't know witch. Can a Aftershock pull a backflip off the right jump?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Terry12

it sure can, and front flips too. take a look

front flip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbmlFJ8cI4 (LST2, basically aftershock)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zTrcerIv8 (Aftershock)

Back flip:
http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/NXY3L2BDF9QTGVHR (Awsome!)
http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/84TWG9S2DW6M821N

Just Awsome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56YiEv0kEAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NzFtVT_sfc
Old 03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Terry12

Well, i FINALLY got a chance to finish my break in on my Axial .32. this thing has soo much power it is insane. i can pull a wheelie on demand. i can flip the car onto its back on demand. ON WET PAVEMENT!!!! and i dont even have the engine tuned for total power yet. i will post wideos soon.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:32 PM
HILLFINGER

www.bluegrasshobbies.com has the aftershock for $329.99 link --> [link=http://www.bluegrasshobbies.com/bg/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=143_147_180&products_id=484]AFTERSHOCK[/link] the price drops to $329.99 after you add it to your cart. Great place to get Losi parts cheap also.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Sugafree

It's $319.99 at A Main, http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7328
Old 03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Terry12

wow, i cant believe how much that vehicle has dropped in price. i payed 350 plus tax here in the city at my LHS, a while ago.

here ismy aftershock doing wheelies. this was near the end of my break in before i really started to tune for power. even running really rich, it turns over some HUGE power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tAR0kYMdSg
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Terry12

Well i dont know what the waeher is like for you guys, but i have over 2 feet of snow now. it is crazy. and it is STILL snowing. atleast i got out twice this week before the snow hit. i really managed to turn my aftershock in to a wheelie king. i ordered a wheelie bar for it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HPI-Hellfire-Losi...QQcmdZViewItem

what do you guys think of it, has anyone used it before?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 AM
R/C Lightweight

Just got the HT pipe on my M26SS. I was wondering where your HSN and LSN are after switching to the HT pipe? Rather than resetting to factory and retuning completely, I thought I'd just ask where you are all at on your settings. This will give me a better starting point for reference and save a little time. I know weather plays a role, and it's cold and wet here now, so I'll be a little richer than some of you in warm and dry conditions. Thanks everyone for your help. Hope this pipe makes a measurable difference.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:29 PM
promod

throw your batt pack in there and tell me if it works because mine has it so yours should unless whats it for??

ORIGINAL: Terry12

ok, so i see there is no real aftershock thread. well at least none that people consistantly visit. so here it is, im starting it off. and to start it off, i am going to talk about my aftershock. it is fairly new and i love it. i have just ordered the integy roll bar for it, the rpm gear cover and the pull start spin start combo. also i am going to get the carbon fiber upgrade kit for it. that is one thing i was hoping to get some input on. has anyone here ever used the carbon fiber plates if so how did they work.
anywyas here are some pics of my stock aftershock right now, and as soon as the mods arive i will post some new pics.

i also made my own hump pack, as seen in the photos. it is easy and i highly recomend it if you like soldering. i used five 2650mah Duracell nimh AA batteries, and simply soldered them in series, attached the connector that i chopped off an old AA holder i had and wrapped it in electrical tape. i might use the liquid electrical tape i have or plasti dip, same thing really, but should be an interesting way to make the pack look more profesional.

post your thoughts and pictures.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Sugafree

He Said he Runs a 5 Cell AA Pack.....It Won't fit in the Stock location.....
Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Terry12

i recently upgraded my 5 cell pack to a 6 cell pack for a little more servo power. it works well. i have it strapped to the back of my rear shock tower. and i remove that holder you showed in the picture. it is made for a pack creatyed from smaller batterie cells. the one that comes stock with the lst2 for example. i dont have a good picture now but i will see if i can get one for you. simply use 5 or 6 AA batteries soldered in series, and hook the plug of your choice up to it.

i got my wheelie bar in today and set it up. it is awsome. i can hold a wheelie down the road!!!

pictures and videos soon to come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.