Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

THE GREATEST AFTERSHOCK THREAD EVER!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Terry12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE GREATEST AFTERSHOCK THREAD EVER!!!!!

ok, so i see there is no real aftershock thread. well at least none that people consistantly visit. so here it is, im starting it off. and to start it off, i am going to talk about my aftershock. it is fairly new and i love it. i have just ordered the integy roll bar for it, the rpm gear cover and the pull start spin start combo. also i am going to get the carbon fiber upgrade kit for it. that is one thing i was hoping to get some input on. has anyone here ever used the carbon fiber plates if so how did they work.
anywyas here are some pics of my stock aftershock right now, and as soon as the mods arive i will post some new pics.

i also made my own hump pack, as seen in the photos. it is easy and i highly recomend it if you like soldering. i used five 2650mah Duracell nimh AA batteries, and simply soldered them in series, attached the connector that i chopped off an old AA holder i had and wrapped it in electrical tape. i might use the liquid electrical tape i have or plasti dip, same thing really, but should be an interesting way to make the pack look more profesional.

post your thoughts and pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99439.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	838792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74544.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	838793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64507.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	838794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un33601.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	838795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx23359.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	838796  
Old 12-31-2007, 08:54 PM
underdog4life

Default RE: THE GREATEST AFTERSHOCK THREAD EVER!!!!!

Always nice to hear from a fellow 'Shocker! Nice work on the battery pack!

Sounds like you have some serious plans for your 'Shock. Keep the pics coming. I'd recommend working in the LST Upgrade Kit and replacing the stock tuned pipe.
My ride is soon to have titanium shock shafts, replacing the stock parts that were snapped by a "No Parking" sign that came out of nowhere! I swear!

About the carbon fiber, some guys are talking about it here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6814895/tm.htm

Happy New Year everybody!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Terry12

Thats funny you mentioning the pipe. I just payed for the Losi LST2 HT pipe. i got it off ebay for 22 bucks with the header and springs and gasket. I hear that that pipe makes that engine pull weelies like it is no bodies buisness. and to make sure of that i will lighten the vehicle with the carbon fiber kit. the one i ahve my eye on is 2.5mm thinck, and coem with 12 pieces, so you can replace EVERY aluminium plate on that vehice. I CANT WAIT!!!!

Let us know how those new shock shafts work out for you. and make sure to post some pictures.

I understand about that sign just poping out of nowhere. its crazing how that stuff just apears out of thin air, like houdini. the same thing happened to me to wiht my real car. one minute its parked in my driveway and then just as i blink it IS suddenly parked along the side of the street IN THE PATH OF MY TRUCK! havent broken anyting tho knock on wood.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:34 PM
ericem

lol that pack looks very familiar hehe I remember back in the day when I was with the LST guys. I gave up and went with truggy's and the MGT.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Sugafree

Carbon Fiber would be Low on the List for Up-Grades............ I'd be worrying about on the Aftershock......
Old 12-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Terry12

ya but carbon fiber is just....really really AWSOME!!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Terry12

so i was thinking of waterproofing my servos, or atleast making them water resistant. i was woundering if anyone had any tips. what i have done so far is covered the entire circuit board in a teflon lubricant caled SUPER LUBE. thats actually the brand. this is to prevent corosion if any moisture did get in. after that i was thinking of using plastic dip or the liquid electrical tape i ahve but i was woudneirng how wel that actually works.

do any companies make servos with built in rubber seels?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:16 PM
underdog4life

22 beans for the LST2 HT pipe is a really good deal - was it new? I know what my keyword search on ebay will be!
Glad to know I'm not the only victim of road sign attack!
I'm curious to see how the whole waterproofing thing goes for you. I live in Lake George, NY, and waterproofing my gear would extend my bashing season significantly. It may be a while 'til I get to replacing my shock shafts, but I'll post a pic when they're installed. Maybe I'll go "NO Parking Sign" hunting!

eric, why did you give up on the LST? What truggy or truggies do you run? I like the looks of the Muggy as a basher truggy, but haven't done much research.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Terry12

giving up on Losi is giving up on life. im serious. the trucks are solid.

anways i just found the best way to waterproof a servo. it is actually very simple and i am providing pictures.
first take the screws out of the servo and remove the back/bottom plate.
next, get "super lube" as shown below and cover the entire circuit board by applying a blob of lube and spreading it evenly. this will preserve the servo electronics from any moisture atack and prevent corosion. this stuff can be found at hardware stores and will repel salt and fresh water.
next put the servo back together.
then suspend it upside down by clamping one of the arms. i used my soldering stand as it has arms and alagator clamps.
then go to walmart and head to the automotive section and pick up this stuff called "liquid electrical tape". it is like plasti dip but better and comes with a brush.
now brush the stuff on covering everythign but the very top. be carefull to get all seams in the casing of the servo covered. i recomeng going to the dollar store and getting some cheep brushes as it will be much better and will do a much cleaner job.(thats what i am doing next).
then let it dry for a few hours.
if you want to go to the extreme get a rubber "O" ring and put it over the servo output shaft before installign a horn. i recomend covering the "O" ring in super lube for reduced friction.
this servo shown below was a test to see how well i can paint this stuff on. the prush that comes with the liquid tape is horable, hence my paintjob wasnt very smooth.
once my graphit upgrade kit arrives, and i tear down the vehicle i will be plastic coating all ofmy servos.

hope this helps and sorry for my bad spelling, i am an electrical engineer not an english teacher.

It is important that you use Super Lube because it is not patrolium based. patroliumbbased oils will atack the plastic and disolve them. and you need somethign that is not electrically conductive. if you have any other TEFLON based lubricant it should work if it is thick enough. but super lube has been around for so long and is the best stuff i ahve ever used. a silicon based lube should work as well too. but they are hard to find ones that are thick and stick and stay in place.

i hope this helps!

oh and that losi ht pipe ig ot off ebay from from jenny's rc sport store on ebay. just type losiht pipe in the search she has one for bid every 3 days. i got mine new for only 22 bucks.

more pictures to come when the carbon fiber kit arives
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18326.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	839696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90095.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	839697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80058.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	839698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx65978.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	839699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Do81107.jpg
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	839700  
Old 01-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Sugafree

Plastic Dip is actually Very Easy to do, Just Dip the Servos and a few inches of the Wire in the Plastic Dip, Allow to Drip Dry and Give one more Dip, Allow to Dry, Then Cut the Extra around the Servo horn, Put a Dab of Grease on the Horn, Put the Servos back in the Truck and Hook the Linkage back up.......

Some Pics from back in the LST1 Days,

You can do the Same with Battery Packs...

Old 01-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Terry12

i will have to give that a try for sure. i like how yours turned out.
did you just hold it by the wire and dip the entire thing in?? like even the servo output shaft??

what tires and rims are those in the third picture.and what is the outer diameter of those tires. i was thinking of getting the tires and rims from the cen 7.7, and some 23mm hex adapters. they are 7.5 inches aparently. i like how the wehicle looks wiht massive tires.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:36 PM
s10eater

do your self a favor and don't even mount the integy roll bar on your truck. i put it on mine and have regretted it ever since. the integy stuff is cheap! i have broken mine 3 times and bent it too many times to count. this is what im looking at getting now.

p.s.the HT pipe will make your truck wheelie on command! i didnt believe it at first either but once i got mine on i was very impressed!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Terry12

well i will make sure not to pick up that rol bar then. thanks for the info.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:54 PM
dapro

ORIGINAL: Terry12

well i will make sure not to pick up that rol bar then. thanks for the info.
Check out [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/inccatalog.cgi?h=y&fitlist=1075&shortlist=1#1001]New Era Models[/link]

I have been very happy with their roll bars, I have used them on my rc18t's, savvy, and Shock...stay away from integy, all you pay for is pretty...

Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Muggy250r

dude that body is sick!!!!!!!!! how did u do that?!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Sugafree

i will have to give that a try for sure. i like how yours turned out.
did you just hold it by the wire and dip the entire thing in?? like even the servo output shaft??

what tires and rims are those in the third picture.and what is the outer diameter of those tires. i was thinking of getting the tires and rims from the cen 7.7, and some 23mm hex adapters. they are 7.5 inches aparently. i like how the wehicle looks wiht massive tires.
Yea Dip it All even a few inches of the Wires, Then Cut it Off around the Servo Horn when it Drys......

Those Wheels are Hotbodies (They Suck! To Big of Rims for 14mm Hex's there 17mm Wheels aren't any better)
That's why the LST2 Up-Grade Kit would be one of my First Up-Grades on an Aftershock..........

I Broken Every Set of 14MM Wheels I've ever Owned,

Old 01-01-2008, 11:42 PM
dapro

lay down the blue, then wad up some newspaper and blot it while its wet
Old 01-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Terry12

well i think i want the tires and rims off the cen 7.7 shown in this link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=819

they will need 23mm adapers, does the upgrade kit come with adapters or are there some good ones you guys recomend.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 PM
dapro

the lst2 upgrade kit comes with 20mm hexes and larger axles, dynamite makes 23mm adaptors for both Shock axles and lst2 axles...$20-25.....

I bash my shock pretty good, and the stock axles hold up fairly well....so if I came across a good deal for new arms, knuckles, bearings, and axles....then I would upgrade....keep and eye on ebay for CHEAP parts....I keep tie rods, axles, spurs, bearings, and shock parts on hand just in case
Old 01-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Sugafree

For the LST2 8mm axles, Dynamite 23mm blue hex set for LST2 (4) - DYN7180

For the LST1/Aftershock 6mm Axles, Dynamite 23mm blue hub set (4) TMX,Revo,LST,AFT,MGT - DYN7183
Old 01-02-2008, 12:05 AM
dapro

well i think i want the tires and rims off the cen 7.7 shown in this link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=819

they will need 23mm adapers, does the upgrade kit come with adapters or are there some good ones you guys recomend.
I have seen the tires in action and they are ok, something to remember about rims is the bling flakes...I stopped paying for bling after about 2 sets, now I prefer to buy white wheels and dye them

Don't mind the glue job, these tires are for my firestorm...
Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Terry12

those look good, but i do alot of street running and grass running so those tires would only last about one run for me unfortunately, thats one reason i was looking at the cen ones, that tread would be a good treat for all surfaseces. i dont really take my aftershock on dirt, i prefer the grass fields and hills. alot less cleanup on the vehicle, you can blow gras out with canned air and there is nothignn better than tearing downthe street, and launching yourself on the curbs. (the curbs are rounded like ramps here)
Old 01-02-2008, 09:15 AM
full maxx

i got a set of axial beadlockers and big joes which are slightly lighter than the stockers and just a hair smaller and i get good traction on dirt grass and asphalt but dont buy the bling bling cause they will flake mine were flaking before i even drove it just by putting on the wheel nuts
Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Terry12

those beadlocks. do they make it so you donot have to glue the tires on the rims, because that would be dam convient. or are they designed to be used wiht glue?

well it looks like we gut a but load of snow last night.... no taking the Ashock out for a spin today. way too cold for my hands
Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
dapro

those look good, but i do alot of street running and grass running so those tires would only last about one run for me unfortunately, thats one reason i was looking at the cen ones, that tread would be a good treat for all surfaseces. i dont really take my aftershock on dirt, i prefer the grass fields and hills. alot less cleanup on the vehicle, you can blow gras out with canned air and there is nothignn better than tearing downthe street, and launching yourself on the curbs. (the curbs are rounded like ramps here)
The pic was showing you how the rims look when you dye them, the tires on them are for hard packed dirt oval racing....

I love the beadlocks that [link=http://www.maximizerproducts.com/maxstore/stores/1/Wheels_C32.cfm]Maximizer Products[/link] makes, but they only come 14mm and 17mm Maxx Size, they are awesome rims that can take a beating, and don't listen to people rant about any weight issues, its BS...the only thing bad about the rims is assembling them, they are a pain for the first rim...

[link=http://www.axialracing.com/main_details.php?Id=3286]Axial Beadlocks[/link] are 40 series only, and 17mm with a 14mm adaptor included...but I had several people complain about them not taking much abuse (I work at Hobbyown USA) and I bash all the time with the guys complaining...

Happy Bashing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.