Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

how tuff,really?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 PM
megamaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how tuff,really?

is the LST2,i ask only because i have never owned one,and no one i know runs one.i am currently selling off everything thing i own t-maxx wise to get an LST2,need to know weak spots,and what parts break.i am a basher and play very ruff with my basher trucks
Old 01-25-2008, 10:52 PM
ericem

Default RE: how tuff,really?

You owned a t-maxx. So the LST2 will seem a gazillion times better. Know weak spots, hubs, a-arms. That's it. To avoid those issues furthermore look into lighter wheels. Weight also factors into durability, yet that law doesn't apply to the t-maxx since it is just a crappy design in general
Old 01-26-2008, 03:28 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, here's my opinion. The LST2 bone stock out of the box is tough... - much tougher than I expected. I had the same concerns before getting one too, and the LST2 has surprised me again and again.

Now, with a couple minor upgrades, the LST2 is VERY tough..

Here's my list.

1.) ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES:

a.) Dynamite Engine Brace

2.) VERY GOOD TO HAVE:

b.) New Era Roll-bar
c.) RPM arms, with Lunsford 40mm links..
d.) RC Raven dual-rate springs..
e.) a new body, if you find the stock one as ugly as I do..

THAT'S IT. That's what I have, and the LST2 has been really good to me*. I really do kind of think, for big bashing, the RC Raven springs go a long way to saving your shocks from busting, and the New Era roll-bar saves everything else - especially the chassis, rails, engine, and tank - basically amost everything.

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...ownLST2Dud.flv

The only negative point I would give the LST2 is the screws. They suck. They're made of butter, and you need to be REALLY REALLY careful when taking screws out...

But still, that's pretty minor, cuz otherwise it really is the best RTR MT going...

If you're really on a budget, I say start at least with the Dynamite engine brace and RC Raven springs, then later get the NE roll-bar.. But get that roll-bar before you start going big.. I really do believe that thing has been a savior to me - all the big upside down landings from brain-fa.rt flip attempts, etc... I think it holds the whole chassis together better overall or something.. I've seen quite a few guys crack their side-rails, and am surprised I haven't yet.. I attribute this to the roll-bar...(not sure, but that's my hunch..)

As for the arms, you can also just stock up on stockers, cuz they're pretty much dirt cheap, and quick and easy to fix... Then just save and later get the RPM's (Lunsford links are a must with RPM's too..)

* My last bash I smashed a steering servo, so next on my list of hopups will be the heavy duty fron skid plate, cuz this protects the servo.. I broke mine though on basically a ten-foot jump dropping down flat, and guess I hit a stone or something..

Here's the vid.. In the vid this truck is basically a 8 months old with maybe 2 gallons through it..

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...nterJumpin.flv
Old 01-26-2008, 04:08 AM
2DMaxLST!!

[link=http://lstvideos.com/03222007/lst_bash.wmv]Video: I land every jump brah... [/link]
Old 01-26-2008, 04:29 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah yeah... Nice..

That thing is awfully snappy off the line.. Is that the LRP, the pipe, the clutch, the tires, the gearing, or what?? Lemme' guess, all of the above...

Give us a quick set-up list there...
Old 01-26-2008, 04:30 AM
2DMaxLST!!

[link=http://lstvideos.com/03312007/lst_bash_mar31.wmv]Viideo: what can I say I just like driving hte damn thing... [/link]
Old 01-26-2008, 04:32 AM
2DMaxLST!!

That is a LRP Spec III in it's prime with a Werks clutch, hella fun, I used to tear it up in my yard and culedsac with that setup. (stock pipe suspension setup for the track)
Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I sold 4k worth of Tmaxx stuff in 3 weeks after I drove a LST for the first time.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:36 AM
megamaxx

very nice,2DMAX,,AND THANKS TO YOU AS WELL PATRICK,THATS THE KIND OF INFO I WAS HOPING FOR,love the LRP engine,have one on my MGT,awesome engines
Old 01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the lst2 is a very strong and durable. ive had mine for 6 months and abused the hell out of it. it finally brokewhen i clipped a car doing 35 mph. it onli cost 16 bucks to fix it and you know with a tmaxx thats atleast 100 bucks worth of damage
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16306.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	861524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69618.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	861525  
Old 01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
full maxx

hey 2d how do you get it to straighten out when one side is higher than the other ...i get the front and back but i can not figure out the side to side thingbut hey those are really good vids
Old 01-26-2008, 05:13 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: HpiDrifter420

the lst2 is a very strong and durable. ive had mine for 6 months and abused the hell out of it. it finally brokewhen i clipped a car doing 35 mph. it onli cost 16 bucks to fix it and you know with a tmaxx thats atleast 100 bucks worth of damage
nice carnage shot,drifter,the LST2 appears to be exactly what i need for my style of abuse.......
Old 01-26-2008, 11:38 PM
LosiMadMan

All I can say is 2 gallons since around christmas and no breakage.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Big-Bird-VA

Well I bought a used LST and it beats the T-Maxx to death. I was in a ball field and thought I was away from the fence and wasn't. I ran under a chain link fence that was touching the ground at full speed. Flipped a few times and that was it. Nothing broke. A scratch on the body but no big deal. Had that been the T-maxx I would have needed a bag for the pieces.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:20 PM
IL2mSturmovik

The LST2 is w/o a doubt the best MT $$$ can buy
Old 01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

The LST2 is w/o a doubt the best MT $$$ can buy
sweet,sounds like my kind of truck,it will be in good company with my savage and mgt.i have wanted this truck for a long long time,its big,and looks incredible.for some reason i have yet to run across anyone running 1 on my side of town......
Old 01-28-2008, 07:50 PM
full maxx

let us know when u get it and how it fairs against the others in your garage
Old 01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: full maxx

let us know when u get it and how it fairs against the others in your garage
most definitely,looking forward to taking it to work and torturing it on the gravel and dirt hills,the only truck that has ever come back from there in one piece is the savage,the rest have come back in pieces,actually i will take a pic of this place and post it
Old 01-31-2008, 01:10 AM
2DMaxLST!!

hey 2d how do you get it to straighten out when one side is higher than the other ...i get the front and back but i can not figure out the side to side thingbut hey those are really good vids

It takes stick time and a setup rig..... It is hard for me to watch videos where people take jumps and never land them, I mean whats the point??? I suggest someone starts small and works their way up. I hit my back yard jumps going and coming and it is rare I don't land them. It took practice, much like racing. If you can't complete a 5 minute qual without wrecking then for goodness sake slow down. I know guys who have raced for over a year but still wreck every lap. It is a hard concept to grasp and cliché to say slower is faster but it is true!!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:03 AM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

It takes stick time and a setup rig..... It is hard for me to watch videos where people take jumps and never land them, I mean whats the point??? I suggest someone starts small and works their way up. I hit my back yard jumps going and coming and it is rare I don't land them. It took practice, much like racing. If you can't complete a 5 minute qual without wrecking then for goodness sake slow down. I know guys who have raced for over a year but still wreck every lap. It is a hard concept to grasp and cliché to say slower is faster but it is true!!
OT but how did you do the cliché with the thing above the "e"??
Old 01-31-2008, 09:45 AM
2DMaxLST!!

There are certain words and phrases that my google tool bar spell check can not handle, for these words I open up a session of MS Word and verify spelling and usage. People judge you by the words you use. I manage to make myself sound and appear halfway intelligent by using these wonderful tools.