Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

engine brace

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:50 AM
megamaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine brace

whats wrong with the stock LST2 engine brace?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:25 AM
full maxx

Default RE: engine brace

it is molded and will crack easily the dynamite one is cut from a solid piece and is much stronger
Old 02-10-2008, 11:03 AM
megamaxx

thanks,was just wondering,didnt want to tear out a good piece if it was not needed(lazy)
Old 02-10-2008, 11:18 AM
bigtreds

who had one break. and what were you doing when it broke. I have the brace on my list of things to get but im not to worried about it. I dont jump 20feet up and crash land. but i guess it still lands hard alot . how easy are they to break?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:51 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Really, really easy. YOu may even look at it and think its not broken until yu really, really inspect it.
When it does break, it will let the alum engine plate bend, change mesh and maybe ruin both your pinions and spurs and clutchbell bearings
Dont gamble. $14 is CHEAP insurance, and is really all you need to get your LST2 bash strong
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

Really, really easy. YOu may even look at it and think its not broken until yu really, really inspect it.
When it does break, it will let the alum engine plate bend, change mesh and maybe ruin both your pinions and spurs and clutchbell bearings
Dont gamble. $14 is CHEAP insurance, and is really all you need to get your LST2 bash strong
thanks,i already have the dynamite brace,i will install tonight after break in,before i start jumping
Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 PM
buck hunter

i have the stock engine brace on my shock for 1 1/2 years, bash hard and never broke it.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Terry12

i agree, the stock engine brace is very strong. i admit, the machined aluminium one from dynamite is probably stronger, but you would have to bash your vehicle extremely hard to break that engine mount. unless your doing some extreme stuff i dont think you ahve to worry. i drove on the road, and on grass an go off small jumps and my stock engine brace is holding up well. but i might upgrade just for the look of the blue aluminium
Old 02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Sugafree

The Stock One will Crack Pretty Easy if you Bash Hard.........Most Don't Notice it's Broken till they Strip there Spur Gears..........

Old 02-10-2008, 07:51 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: buck hunter

i have the stock engine brace on my shock for 1 1/2 years, bash hard and never broke it.
Are you 100% positive its not broken right now??
Go look.
Thoroughly, because it can appear to be a casting line or in shadow or something.
If you bash hard, I would be very suprised if it lasted 2 sessions
Old 02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Terry12

i checked, mine is ok. i mean i dont go crazy with my vehicle. very tame compared to the things i see posted. but i think i will order the blue dynamite engine brace eventually. i am in no hurry because mine is ok and the weather sucks, so i have not got alot of time in for bashing. thx for the posting on the issue tho.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 PM
jombo

mine is still good but have the dinamite engine brace in a drawer , i bash moderate and have taken it to he track a few times and its still good. it cant hurt to change it at a later date if you just got the truck and just want to run the stock brace for a gallon or so. like i said mine is 1-1/2 years old and still running the stock brace i probably will change it this year but thats after 6 gallons of fuel through the truck.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: jombo

mine is still good but have the dinamite engine brace in a drawer , i bash moderate and have taken it to he track a few times and its still good. it cant hurt to change it at a later date if you just got the truck and just want to run the stock brace for a gallon or so. like i said mine is 1-1/2 years old and still running the stock brace i probably will change it this year but thats after 6 gallons of fuel through the truck.

Thats what I did, and it costs me plenty.
Learn from my mistake
Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 PM
bigairlife

If you have the dynamite brace, why not just put it on. Its good insurance and it only took me 5 mins to put mine on...
Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 AM
nitro _ burner

To put it on, do you have to remove the engine?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:26 AM
mtbkym01

Yeah, the engine must come out, to access the 4 of the screws holding the brace in.

To those guys saying they have the brace but not installed yet, or nah mines still ok, this thing costs $14 or so, and could save you plenty, cheap insurance I say, was the first thing i did to mine
Old 02-11-2008, 06:09 AM
megamaxx

no doubt i am putting mine on,finished breaking it in last night,tonight i will tear it down,check/tighten,re loc-tite,and install the engine brace.have not priced it yet,but that pinion setup on this looks kind of expensive[:@],no chances here
Old 02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
mmduc

well ive had my lst 2 for over a year, and i keep it really clean after running it. the other day, i hit a jump and bent a shock shaft. i took the shock out, and while i was at it, i removed the engine cause i had the dynomite brace sitting here. the stock brace looked perfect, till i un bolted it. it came out in 2 pieces. so i advise those who have an lst2, even though the brake looks good, remove it. like i said, mine looked perfect. couldnt see a crack or break anywhere. when i unbolted it, bingo, came out in 2 pieces. replace the brace even if it looks ok.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
nitro _ burner

After attempting my first back flips to day () and landing a few upside down i voticed my engine brace cracked. Im not going to run it till i get the Dynamite one!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Calin666

First thing I did o my AFT was to change out that engine brace. Didn't even start the engine once.
I just finished upgrading to the Ti-Ni spur and pinion gears, and it wasn't cheap. If you upgrade to those, and don't do the engine brace, then it cracks and screws up the gears, you will be out around $90. Not worth taking the risk, when a $14 part and 15 - 20 minutes of work can give you some extra insurance. I would suggest doing it first thing.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:29 PM
iexion

IL2mSturmovik & Sugafree are both 110% correct.

I kept thinking the same thing " i dont bash hard and mine looks fine "
but once i took off the engine and took the center chassis plate apart i then saw it was cracked and sure enough it was broke. I was wondering why my spur/clutch gears kept stripping so easy. So it really is something worth buying (dynamite engine brace ) because you dont really know what will keep breaking/grinding. its worth the $15 bucks just to get it IMO. Im also looking into more dynamite products to "color theme" my truck
Old 02-17-2008, 02:41 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Yesterday at the race, there were 2 Losi truck guys, one with a Mega Baja, and the other with an Aftershock.
I cautioned them about it, and when we looked at theirs, one was cracked but very hard to tell, and the other had broken in half, and the bottom half was gone and the 2 screws that held it in [X(]
This should be automatic for every new Losi truck, replace that brace before you even start it
Old 02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
SmugR

Does it make much difference it you were to use the Integy one or any other as long as its machined rather than cast like the stock one?
Or is the Dynamite one the only one to consider?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 PM
IL2mSturmovik

IMHO I would not use almost anything Integy.
Dynamite or GPMs http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12482
IMO the DYnamite is the strongest however
Old 02-18-2008, 12:55 AM
iexion

That GPM one looks weaker the the dynamite engine brace, altho it is a bit cheaper. still would have to say the dynamite brace is the better of the two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.