Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Lst 2 brake issues(jittering, sticking, dragging)

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Lst 2 brake issues(jittering, sticking, dragging)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
jaron_denson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lst 2 brake issues(jittering, sticking, dragging)

Okay so I notice that when the lst2 is not running and I let it roll down a hill It locks and releases and locks and releases or sometimes just locks. I adjusted the linkage to kind of help. I have plenty of braking power and it doesn't lock when I am running. But I think I am going to put an o-ring on the transmission output shaft between the two metal brake pads to keep them from binding inwards. I notice that some people put on fuel tubing in place of the springs on the linkage. Is there any advantage to this or what is everyone else doing with their brakes. I have heard of grinding down the set screw on the output coupling as well, but I don't see how that will help. I think I am going to try and rig something with o-rings to keep the metal discs from just flopping around.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Sugafree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lst 2 brake issues(jittering, sticking, dragging)

File down the Set Screw, it'll Stop the Disk from Catching on it a Binding.....