Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Clutches

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:03 AM
nitronut911
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutches

hello, just dropped in my lrp .28 last night. i am putting the stock flywheel and clutchbell on. however, i noticed that if i tighten the clutchbell screw all tha way, it locks the bearing and in turn locking the clutchbell. i was wondering if there is a clutch system(flywheel and bell) that i should buy. i have heard about the werks clutch, but im just wondering what is best for the lrp .28 and the LST2. thanks!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:48 AM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Clutches

You probably need to change the # of shims you have to get the bell to spin freely when the screw is tightened.

As far as aftermarket clutches go, nothing that I know of is just a simple swap out. The LST's clutchbell is a non-standard size so adjustable clutches often don't fit real well. They can be made to work however.

Personally, I like the 3 shoe setup. I've been using the Losi long wear shoes and am totally impressed with them. 1.0 or 1.1 springs depending on how much snap off the line you want (1.1 spools up more before putting the power down).
Old 06-06-2008, 04:06 PM
nitronut911
My Feedback: (2)

i dont find any shims you are speaking of. there is only the two bearings and it is about 2 mm longer than it should be. thanks tho!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 PM
funman1

Part # A6356 (5&6MM Shim Set) $2.00
If you look at the parts explosion of the unit on Losi website it shows them, they go between the flywheel nut and the bearing.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
full maxx

ORIGINAL: nitronut911

i dont find any shims you are speaking of. there is only the two bearings and it is about 2 mm longer than it should be. thanks tho!
well that would be your problem make sure you are using the collet from the 427 also