Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Truck keeps dying and hard starting...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:21 PM
MSM78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck keeps dying and hard starting...

LST2 with almost a gallon through it. I had the car running good I thoiught. Good top end, good take off, good smoke, etc. The last few times I've tried to run it, It had a hard time starting. As soon as I remove the rotostart, it would die. I have to leave the rotostart in and give it some throttle before I remove the starter. So I did that and ran about a tank though it. Came in, filled it up again and same thing, could barely get it started. Once it was running again, I made a few passes, and it died. Started it up, ran it and got about 100ft and it died. I also notice it does it alot when I do a sudden turn, like a slide almost. Like if I let off the throttle a little then go back into it, it just dies.

Oh and it runs about 260*

I put it back to base settings to try starting the tuning over and it does the same thing at base settings, cant get it to idle or stay running enough to get to make some passes to adjust the HSN again.

My starter battery died, so once I get that charged I'll go out and mess with it again. I figured I'd hit you guys up for some advice while I have some down time.

thanks!!!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
WALL22

Default RE: Truck keeps dying and hard starting...

Sounds like you could be running to rich. I would go back and adjust the high and low speed needles back to factory settings. It should tell you in the manual what those should be. your idle should be set to i believe about 5mm. on my throttle i had a some what same issue i just tightened the idle screw some and it was fine. But to get there i just went back to factory settings. See if any of this helps hope it does.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:19 PM
funman1

Default RE: Truck keeps dying and hard starting...

Just off the top of my head all those things scream
"I need a new Plug"

I would guess either too rich or new plug needed.