Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Servo Advice!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:10 PM
joshreynolds777
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Advice!?!

For RCU Staff: By mistake I posted this in electric forum earlier, sorry. I would deleted it if I could.

I finally figured out that one of my JR stock servos is totally dead in my LST2, not getting power at all. I can't decide rather to replace the simi-crappy Z590M with a new one. Or if I should get two new ones. If so, there are some high torque (15KG, or 208oz supposedly) on ebay out of Hong Kong selling as a pair for about 30 bucks. I def don't want to drop fifty bucks a piece on two new servos right now. ...
Or should I just get (1) Good servo to replac the dual?
Also... its a pain getting the servos in and out... the arm is in the way!? Advice?....
Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Anomie

Default RE: Servo Advice!?!

I removed the other thread for you [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 AM
funman1

I got the Z620? I think that's the number..
I put two of them in my truck
They both are kinda loud
but will turn the tires on concrete at a dead stop.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:46 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a Tower Pro 995 on my Savage, and was also wondering if anybody uses these on their LST2.. They're probably the same thing from HK you're talking about.. ??

Anyway, I just got two here for €27 including shipping, so the next time one of my 590's c.raps out(so far I've had one just die, and I smashed the other one landing from pretty high up - hit a rock or something..), for 30 bucks that's what I'll be trying.. Was just wondering if anybody else had experience with them on an LST2..

I bought those two cuz the first one in my Sav just c.rapped out - but heck, for that price I'll replace servos once a year.. Performance in the Sav is very good I would say.. - defo better than any of those horrible g.arbage Bluebird servos (never again..) I tend to load up my hump-packs pretty long I guess, so maybe it just didn't like that.. With two though maybe it wouldn't be so bad?

Anyway, for 30 bucks for two servos give 'em a shot...
Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 AM
newaddict

Don't buy the no name crap from HongKong. They will last a month before they take a crap. Buy a pair or jr 650's, they have the right amount of power and speed and they're like 10 bucks more than the 590's and work very well in the lst2. Also, I love JR's return policy if a servo stops working. Btw, you can send in your servo to JR and tell them to replace it if its less than 3 years old./