Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Team losi LST2 Fuel tank Problemo

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:58 PM
FrAnCioS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team losi LST2 Fuel tank Problemo

Ok so my lst2 is acting weird [:@]

The lst2 starts off realy slow when i fill it up to the top (Nitro) When it gets half way the truck works properly? Then when i refill it to the top it acts all slow again!! One minite its rich one minite its lean???????

Any one know what could be causing this the temps at full tank are 150 and after half tank shoot up to about 240.

Thanks in advance!

FrAnCioS
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
raze44
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Team losi LST2 Fuel tank Problemo

This happens to me too, I figure it is because there isnt enough pressure to push the fuel through fast enough. When it gets to agout a half tank, there is mose air volume in the tank to create pressure. This is just my guess, I am not positive this is why, but it seems to make sense.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
newaddict

ORIGINAL: raze44

This happens to me too, I figure it is because there isnt enough pressure to push the fuel through fast enough. When it gets to agout a half tank, there is mose air volume in the tank to create pressure. This is just my guess, I am not positive this is why, but it seems to make sense.
Yup you are right. I do all my tuning when the fuel is at the half way mark. The differences are not that much though....its a bit richer when its full and leaner at the bottom but nothing to cause worry about loss of power. Just get a good tune at half tank.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
FrAnCioS

ORIGINAL: newaddict

ORIGINAL: raze44

Yup you are right. I do all my tuning when the fuel is at the half way mark. The differences are not that much though....its a bit richer when its full and leaner at the bottom but nothing to cause worry about loss of power. Just get a good tune at half tank.

My revo does not do this so why does my lst2?? What if i drop a new engine in will that make it run better at full tank??
Old 07-11-2008, 12:24 PM
newaddict

It won't do it with the revo because it has a smaller fuel tank. The difference in pressure from full tank to empty tank is not that great hence you won't notice the leaning out. It WILL lean out a bit , regardless of if you notice it or not. The lst2 tank is massive and the empty space when the tank is almost empty is huge and it changes the pressure a lot and causes major leaning out. I don't worry much about it. I try to tune so the temp at the bottom of the tank is 260.

Changing the engine will not do anything. The engine is not the one causing the leaning out. Its the tank. If you want to reduce the leaning out issue, go with the aftershock tank which is 170cc instead of the lst2 tank which is 220cc.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:00 PM
ARDV8

Sounds more like an air leak to me.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 PM
FrAnCioS

ORIGINAL: ARDV8

Sounds more like an air leak to me.

I thought about that aswell?Any idea where it could be??

Im not to worried about the lst2 atm as i crashed into a goal post lol and broke a few parts which i will replace soon.

I love having more then 1 rc

My dream squad is LST2 revo3.3 savage 4.6 Hpi baja!

HELL YEAH!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:49 PM
fullfun

well i had the same problem and i replaced the fuel line from the exhaust to the tank in my aftershock and my jato and it did wonders and my aftershock actually had a pinhole leak right where the line from the exhaust connects to the tank but it also expands from the heat of the muffler also and it dont push enuff cuz of the heat of course expanding the fuel line .

and you wanna hear about a nice collection listen to this one i call it my r.c. garage in my shed.

traxxas tmaxx 2.5 , traxxas jato 2.5 , smartech magic wheel .15 mt , cen fun factor bg .15 , losi aftershock , electric rustlers (2) , electric stampedes (2) , electric traxxas rad 2 , 2 team losi mini-t's and oh yeah three control line airplanes . now thats a nice bunch . course mostly means there is always at least one or two with something broke but tons of fun course alot of hobby shops dont like it when you make your own parts like shock towers with about 40 mounting holes .
Old 07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
funman1

Yes the problem is that the LST2 tank (when FULL of fuel) the fuel line sits above the carb!
So if you fill your tank to the very top it will siphon out of the tank into the carb flooding the engine and sometimes filling the air filter with fuel.

I don't put in fuel above the molded seal line, to prevent this.