Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Got myself a roller...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Mr Terminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got myself a roller...

Hey guys,this is my first post in the Losi forum on RCU,I had a LST2 a few years ago and wished I had never got shut of it.I'm a huge Revo guy and love the Revo but i've ankered for another big Losi for a while now.The truck i've just got is a roller in very good above average condition,it needs an engine,servo,RX and battery,its got RPM arms all round,gear cover and a Losi rear wing and mount,i'm not sure on what engine to put in her but i'm wanting something of relitively low cost,a STS .28 maybe but I really do like the LRP Z.28 and the awesome OS.28XZ Max but the budget is gonna be slim for a while.

The first thing I want to get is a Spektrum SR-300 sports RX to go with the DX3S TX I already have,then a decent servo for the steering.My question at this time is,is it better to have the two steering servos or just stick one quality item in like the Savox SC-1258,they have 12kg/cm of torque and a latency of 0.08secs over 60 degrees or would two Hitec HS635HB kryptonite geared servos be ok...??

Thanks a lot and I look forward to posting my progress....
Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 PM
MaddMatt

Default RE: Got myself a roller...

I have never tried it myself, but I have read here that a single servo set up doesn't work. I don't think it matters because my aftershock will literally do back flips, and I have the XXL extended chassis on it, running on a modded mach 427 teal head. I bought the engine used for like $50 on Ebay... or look for one of the XXL 454s. should be cheap enough.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:06 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get two JR650's and an LRP Spec 3 28. You'll be very very happy....
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Mr Terminator

Cheers fellas,i'm gonna go for a .28 STS engine to get her up and running,I have 2 MG servos hanging about too so they;ll do for the time being,wouldn't mind running two Hitec HS625MG servos,that'll be around £60GBP but its only £55 for a 20kg/cm Savox SC-1256 if over 300oz of torque aint enough then I dont know what is....

Heres a few pics...

Old 05-08-2009, 01:05 PM
HerrSavage

Nice.. You sure you want an STS?... [:@]

Also, I've never heard of people doing single-servo mods with much success - or without an inordinate amount of effort...

To be honest, to just get going, some stock 590's aren't worst..

I kind of want to upgrade my racer's steering servos, but apparently other brands don't fit too well...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Mr Terminator

Thanx for the advice fella,it's not set in stone wghich engine i'm getting,i'd prefer something better like the LRP Z.28 but will have to see how things pan out in the finances dept,the Mach 427 teal head is also a possibility,I can get one for less than the LRP from over in the US on ebay,as of now that was just a thought really,the STS I had in the past was pretty good and served me well with a decent amount of power but I know there are abetter engines out there...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Mr Terminator

Finally got my hands on it,its in very good condition.Ordered a Stainless screw kit for her and looks like I may be getting a LRP Z.28R Spec 2 off a mate,just needs a OWB but if that dont pan out,i've got a Esky KB2 with a stack of extras and spares to offload,that will pay for a new engine,maybe a LRPZ.30R Spec 2,they're currently only £140GBP in certain online outlets.Its already got the FOC and a Futaba S3005 on the throttle/brake and one Hitec HS645MG on the steering,decided on 2 Savox 10kg/cm metal geared servos for steering and the Futaba can stay on T/B duties...

Old 05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
HerrSavage

That's a nice lookin' ride.. Whack an LRP 30 in there and make some vids!!
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Mr Terminator

Cheers,i'm gonna take my time with this one and give her a full strip down and rebuild,the shocks are going to be redone,thinking about trying 45wt maybe 50wt,I want to add some uprated skid plates,TiNi gears,23mm Proline hex kit,LST1 shell and a Raminator shell,both for show really.I've decided on the LRP Z.30R Spec 2,that will be bought at the begining of the week,someone wants my Heli that i'm selling and that'll pay for the mill.I was going to go for the Axial.28R,that would allow me to get a SR300 RX for her aswell but the LRP just oozes power and thats what LST2's are all about I think...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Mr Terminator

Got myself a an engine,aint an LRP,its its brother the slightly more potent Nosram RS.28 Monster Evo 3,got it for £80GBP and its one gallon old and running like a dream,should make the truck lively enough for me.Next stage is to get the 2x Svox SH 0252MG servos and Spekkie SR300 Receiver....