Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Eating spurs ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM
schlags62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eating spurs ???

I have a LST that has been good for the most part but recently it ground off the spur gear in the middle of some mild driving. I replaced it with the XL version and things went well, then at the same time I lost the screw in the clutch bell and it ate the spur again(low gear).
My questions would be:
1. Why can I NOT find a screw that will hold the clutch bell that will allow it to still spin like it should.
2. Why all of a sudden would it eat spur gears? I understand the part about losing that screw on teh clutch bell but before that??

Thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 03:49 PM
full maxx

Default RE: Eating spurs ???

check your clutch bell bearings and the two speed brass bushings ... chances are one of the two are bad , most likely the bearings , bearings don't last long unless you do the three bearing mod http://hdrcvideos.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3540 works for all lst series there are just different size bearings to add depending on which truck you have ...the lst1 or the lst2
Old 09-18-2009, 05:43 PM
bigtreds

check your engine brace and make sure engine is secure and not moving on ya.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:11 PM
full maxx

also look to see if its cracked , if its the stocker they crack pretty easy , if it is cracked/broken get this http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...minum-Blue-LST and no more problem...use red loctite on the screws which reminds me you will have to heat up the stock screws before removal
Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 AM
iexion

ORIGINAL: bigtreds

check your engine brace and make sure engine is secure and not moving on ya.
I second that. When the engine brace is broken (which is one of the first things you upgrade before you even put the truck on the ground)
the first and main sign its broken is when you start going thru spur gears. It MAY not look broken or crack so you have to just take it out. at that point it should either fall apart or you should see it is cracked