Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Flying model airplanes near Quebec

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Flying model airplanes near Quebec

Old 10-20-2019, 06:55 AM
aofer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flying model airplanes near Quebec

Hey, I hope its the right place to ask this.
I haven't been active in the hobby for a while and 18 months ago I moved to Quebec city from another country.
I was wondering where I can get information on flying sites around the city if there are any. (websites,facebook groups, etc.)
Also I started looking at MAAC website for regulations but most of the information refers to drones, can I assume that whatever applies to drones apply to helicopters and model airplanes?
Does this mean I have to get a pilot certificate in order to fly here? do I need the basic or the advanced one?

Thanks,
Amit
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 10-21-2019, 04:48 AM
DP01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may get better response from a local club,(listed on MAAC website) or, at RCCanada website. Basically, at a MAAC affiliated club, provided that you comply with MAAC and club safety requirements a pilot certificate is not a requirement for non commercial purposes.
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)