Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Airport Disappointing

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Airport Disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Airport Disappointing

I used to love going to the Toronto Airport, but today I actually felt disappointed as I waited for my flight home.

It would seem the airliners are of a "cookie-cutter" variety.

All I saw was an endless line of twin engines slung under the wings....just varying in sized....737, 767 etc and assorted airbus'. Boring. Not one 747.

I realized the oldies have done their time, ie: L1011s, DC-10's DC 8's & 9's, but I miss the variety of shapes and cofigurations.

I hope the Airbus 380 goes over big, because I long to see that big bird up close.

The only excitement comes when I land in Thunder bay and find an Older 747 being "stored" by some "Peace" outfit.

...... Progress sucks sometimes.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
bbbair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airport Disappointing

Hey Marc;
If you want to see some antique AC, come on over to CFB Trenton!

Here you can see 20 year old CC130 Hercules, as well as the Air Bus, a couple of the Cormorants, Griffons and the 30 + year old Tutors. STILL IN ACTIVE SERVICE.

Now if you want to see some REALLY OLD AC, you can walk over to the museum and see the Halifax, Chipmunk, Labrador, Kiowa, Argus and an assortment of other AC.

You see that the problem is - you are just using the wrong airport. . .
Old 11-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Or ... much closer, the Brampton Airport, home of [link=http://www.greatwarflyingmuseum.com/]"The great war flying museum"[/link].
Old 11-19-2005, 10:35 AM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: bbbair

Hey Marc;
If you want to see some antique AC, come on over to CFB Trenton!

Here you can see 20 year old CC130 Hercules, as well as the Air Bus, a couple of the Cormorants, Griffons and the 30 + year old Tutors. STILL IN ACTIVE SERVICE.

Now if you want to see some REALLY OLD AC, you can walk over to the museum and see the Halifax, Chipmunk, Labrador, Kiowa, Argus and an assortment of other AC.

You see that the problem is - you are just using the wrong airport. . .

Bruce, some of those Hercs are 40 yrs old !!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 10:41 AM
retnavycdr
My Feedback: (190)

Sharpy: Come on down south to Pueblo, Colorado and see our B-29 (yes, that is right), B-24, and about twenty other WWII and Korean Aircraft at Pueblo Municipal AP !!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Jason Holdaway

I remember practicing touch and go's at the London airport back when (I forget the name of it) HUGE Russian cargo plane used to drop off engines or something. flying my down wind leg, my instructor was giving me $****. "Pay attention to what your doing!.........someone has to, I'm looking at the plane" Another day flying curcuits, on my down wing leg, way out I could see lights and smoke. Coming in on final, I hear on the radio that it's a Hercules coming in. I got to watch it land from about 100' away. It was awesome. I'm pretty sure they used less pavement to land then I did...........must have some sort of special seceret military thinggy in it
Old 11-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Ed Smith

Marc,

What you saw what was that even the airlines are buying ARF's. Lo and behold they all look the same even at this level. The only difference between theirs and ours is that theirs are not made in China, YET!

Ed S
Old 11-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

lol....

................yeah, your right. Looked like a recent issue of MAN or RC Fly Mag.

.............hey, even the Mags look like ARFs now?