Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Ex-Prez sighting

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Ex-Prez sighting

Old 12-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ex-Prez sighting

On a nice note, Ex-Prez, Wayne Bransfield, stopped in at the cop-shop yesterday on his way through town and forced me to buy him lunch.

It was good to see him and along with his driving buddy from out west, we had a nice, but quick, visit . It was a pleasant surprise and the best I've seen Wayne look in a long time.

Richard:

Wayne said that he got the meal that I owed you and now you and I are square? Said the Executive approved that.

Cheers.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:49 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Ex-Prez sighting

Hey, that is great news on Wayne,
You are probably one of they few board members that can look him square in the eye and have still both hands in front of him.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:30 AM
gingertoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Wayne got my dinner. I guess that leaves him owing me one.

Wayne: I will settle for "Surf & Turf" at your convenience!

Richard
Old 12-18-2005, 11:28 AM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

Totally wrong again KK.
I know that with one exception Wayne would tell you he fully trusts the current board and exec ,and would also tell you he has been fully supported over the last two years,has been fully informed of all exec activities and has contributed fully and has been party to all meetings,and certainly has made his opinions known on all items.
In turn he has supported the current exec through some most trying times and has been happy to be part of the team.
How do I know this?He has told me so several times,including during a phone conversation in the last two weeks.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:58 AM
kenair

Totally wrong again KK.
I know that with one exception Wayne would tell you he fully trusts the current board and exec
Whatever, I'm sure we all trust the representative from the SW zone, and I did say few not all, the same as Larkin supports MAAC over the ACC even though Larkin would raise the amount MAAC pays to the ACC in a drop of a hat.

You're doing a great job, Kevin, just don't bs us who have been in the trenches.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Sharpy01

I'm just glad the board and executive are as united as they are. Personal relationships between others is are just that and I'll not speculate. Wayne and I will always be a good friends.

I have no doubt that many on the board have a much clearer appreciation of what Wayne was going through during his terms with the same dogs on their ankles now. It's most ironic that those biters that dogged Wayne have inadvertently helped to unify the board. My personal thanks to the biters.

cheers
Old 12-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

I'm just glad the board and executive are as united as they are. Personal relationships between others is are just that and I'll not speculate. Wayne and I will always be a good friends.

I have no doubt that many on the board have a much clearer appreciation of what Wayne was going through during his terms with the same dogs on their ankles now. It's most ironic that those biters that dogged Wayne have inadvertently helped to unify the board. My personal thanks to the biters.

cheers
carefull now. I don't appresiate you calling people biters. Your a cop, you should know better. Your behaivour caused my wife to do 127 in a 100 zone. I hope your happy. I have also retained legal councel, and will be contacting your supervisor.

she was happy that he let her off with 120. Being the good husband I am, I yelled uncontrollably "*** were you thinking?" [sm=confused.gif]
Old 12-18-2005, 03:23 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

cheers
carefull now. I don't appresiate you calling people biters. Your a cop, you should know better. Your behaivour caused my wife to do 127 in a 100 zone. I hope your happy. I have also retained legal councel, and will be contacting your supervisor.

she was happy that he let her off with 120. Being the good husband I am, I yelled uncontrollably "*** were you thinking?" [sm=confused.gif]

He has a similar effect on me. Actually all cops do that to me. I have an uncontrollable urge to follow them as they cruise along the highway making the world safe from speeders. I usually give up, cause the're typically trolling at ~ 140.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:39 PM
kenair

it's really truly entertaining how things have come full circle - when Dave Larkin led his AAC campaign against the maac board, some of the current board viewed Dave's work outside the board as ok, now that SW zone is bucking the board we see quotes as such.

Richard Lyle Barlow wrote:
The defiance of MAAC has led to the authority of the Board, being challenged at every turn and the time has come for every member to ask him or herself whether they wish to see our national controlling organization treated in this fashion.
After forty years of membership, and as a member of the Board, I for one will never stand by and condone the attempts by a pressure group to usurp the authority of MAAC.

Richard Lyle Barlow wrote:

Keith also considered it a stretch when Applehoney indicate that "it could even be suggested that those eventually participating in that event could, by involvement, be furthering an attack on MAAC’s mandate to administer model aviation affairs in Canada." I strongly disagree with Keith on this point. There exists a small group of people whose avowed purpose would appear to be the undermining and discrediting of the current, democratically elected, MAAC administration.
Once cannot totally blame individuals in SW zone for their actions, the precedent for this type of activity in MAAC was set long ago.

Whether Dave Larkin or Rick Reid was right or wrong is history, the methods have not changed, some of the almighty righteous are not so righteous. History will judge the events.

I got tons of work done of my spitfire wing today while watching the NFL, time for a break, time to head over to the can and see if our resident maac know it all has made any more expert posts.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:25 PM
r/cnerd

Well I said it before and this thread just proves it....sounds like discussion of a corrupt government rather than a R/C club. Certainly doesn't sound like an effective business! It's also telling to see that many of those who argued for status quo and dismissed my ideas on improving MAAC in another thread are "MAAC insiders". 15,000$ to one person for one event? wow can you say sponsorship? As I said in another thread, I think events should pay for themselves! It's more fair to the members who don't live in or near Ontario!

MAAC needs to wise up and look forward! What are it's membership forecasts based on existing member age? I would guess it's not good. I beleive MAAC needs to step into the now and run itself like a business that actually *wanted* 80% of Canadian flyers to be members. Not like the "old boy's club" it seems to be now, happy with what, maybe 10%?????

let's go big!!!: Paid instructors at fields, ads for flying lessons, Trial or day memberships etc. There is a vast and untapped public out there that wantsd to fly....let's help them!!
Old 12-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Jason Holdaway

It looks like MAAC is getting away from the old boys club. The current exec and board (save 1) is looking very strong and united this year. I for one am impressed to see it. I wasn't going to rejoin MAAC this year, but in the light of new events and seeing a strong united board, I will be rejoining and offering any service I can to them for the betterment of the organization. All the organization, not just a selective SIG.
As for paid instructors at the field, I don't think that will go over. The reason being, 1) MAAC doesn't have the money for it, besides anyone that was taught for free should show the same respect and teach others for free. 2) It's an insurance thing. For me, I have an extra 2 mil liability insurance on my house insurance that covers my plane UNLESS I'm making money doing it. the day pass thing sounds good, BUT if I were an insurance company, who would be more likely to have an accident? somebody that flew once in a while or someone who flew regularily? How about covering people flying on a buddy box with a qualified instructor to try it out instead of the day pass?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:28 PM
r/cnerd

The buddy box thing is a great idea...fields should offer this to any newbies who are interested, and maac should find a way to accomodate this that is easy, ie you don't have to sign up for a year, which can be a daunting prospect for a newbie! As far as paid instructors go, I see your points but on the other hand current instructors may not be too enthused by an influx of new flyers, what with their baggy clothes, gangsta rap and all the rest. we can hardly expect an old-timer to want to take on lots of students. As well, there are many among us who would literally cackle at the idea of being paid to fly and if they were paid they would be more able to dedicate greater amounts of time and energy to teaching enthusiastically. There are many who would love to learn, but we need to be more inv iting/ market our hobby better. People expect more these days.

I like the fact that you didn't automatically dismiss all my ideas, thanks![8D]
Old 12-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Sharpy01

lol.......... You shoulda been a cop Holdawayup with such finely developed sarcasm skills. [8D]

ORIGINAL: britbrat

I have an uncontrollable urge to follow them as they cruise along the highway making the world safe from speeders. I usually give up, cause the're typically trolling at ~ 140.
I hate those guys that try and follow me when I'm on my way for coffee.

I hear Martin will soon ban speeding anyway so it's a moot point.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:09 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: r/cnerd

The buddy box thing is a great idea...fields should offer this to any newbies who are interested, and maac should find a way to accomodate this that is easy, ie you don't have to sign up for a year, which can be a daunting prospect for a newbie! As far as paid instructors go, I see your points but on the other hand current instructors may not be too enthused by an influx of new flyers, what with their baggy clothes, gangsta rap and all the rest. we can hardly expect an old-timer to want to take on lots of students. As well, there are many among us who would literally cackle at the idea of being paid to fly and if they were paid they would be more able to dedicate greater amounts of time and energy to teaching enthusiastically. There are many who would love to learn, but we need to be more inv iting/ market our hobby better. People expect more these days.

Without intending to be offensive, it was pointed out to you that many of your ideas have been investigated before -- they aren't automatically dismissed. The buddy box thing has been available for years. The student on the box flys on his instructor's insurance until the student joins MAAC. That is why your day pass idea to try things out is irrelevant -- a suck-it-&-see flight is no problem at all under the current set-up.

As for your comments re. "old timers" -- that was clueless, rude & insulting. I'm an "old timer" by your puerile standards & I spend most of my air time teaching folks to fly -- young, old, baggy pants, or what ever. However, the one thing that will quickly end my relationship with a student is the "people expect more these days" attitude. I freely volunteer my teaching time, my expertise, sometimes my own equipment, & a 100 km round trip to the field at my expense on each lesson day. Any student who expects more than that takes a walk. My situation mirrors the case with many instructors, "old-timers", or otherwise.

If you think that more is needed, you can try doing it yourself for a bunch of years first, then re-evaluate your "opinion" -- or you can take a walk yourself.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Jason Holdaway

lol.......... You shoulda been a cop Holdawayup with such finely developed sarcasm skills. [8D]

I have an uncontrollable urge to follow them as they cruise along the highway making the world safe from speeders. I usually give up, cause the're typically trolling at ~ 140.

I applied to be a cop, but I was arrested at the interview [sm=eek.gif]
Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 AM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

I applied to be a cop, but I was arrested at the interview [sm=eek.gif]

Your mother was arrested at your birth
Old 12-19-2005, 10:13 AM
kenair

I see martin granted you a pardon on the can of rc - the stuff I read, I'm get confused between maac politica dn the federal elections

ban this, ban that, ban him, ban her, ban this club, ban this event, don't usurp my authority, i'll never stand for this, in my 2 years, we are all friends, this is not promoting the hobby, who is in charge, I'm in charge we need to be more transparent, call you zone director, this is on a need to know basis, let's have a drink, don't deny our authority, this is a stretch, we are united, the majority, this is in the best interests of all, that is a lie, it was illegal, we've rejected this, we've changed our minds, they made a mistake, he was the best, he had full support, he was acting outside, he made a mistake, he mistook our support, we are in favour, we support, we are united, we'll do what's best for you, we'll do what's best for the majority, we have to protect our minorities, we have to think outside, we have to follow the consitution, we have to be proactive, this is our mandate, this is our mandate, we are here to govern, we are here to have fun, this is not funny, we are announcing today, with regret we annouce, he has done a great service, he has done a great injsutice, they have been done a great injustice, we acknowledge our mistake and are moving forward, it'll take him a year or so to know the system, I am speaking for al of us, I am only speaking on behalf of, I am only speaking for my self, this was founded by us, don't like it leave, no respect

don't undermine, don't challenge, don't ask, don't post, don't do, trust me.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Jim_McIntyre

As for your comments re. "old timers"...
I'm with britbrat on this, I may not be as old as he (not absolutely sure on this point as I've never met him that I'm aware) but I feel the same. I have taught for many years (at least a decade on buddy boxes I might add) to people ranging age that baggy pants are standard at both ends of the spectrum.
As you mature you may find that you judge less on appearance than action. I aslo agree that the current young generation (not all but an annoying majority) do appear to have a 'gimme' attitude with little patience for 'homework'. When I spend a large portion of my free time telling someone how to make adjustments to make their aircraft safer/fly better .... to the point of making drawings, I expect them to at least make an attempt and show up with results next outing.... sadly, this just doesn't seem to be the case with the latest crop as it was with previous generations. The effort is just not there, they seem to expect plug-n-play in all endeavours... many are they on for a rude awakening when they hit the real world.[X(]
Old 12-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Sharpy01

..roflmao..........LOL........

....that is funny stuff Kenny ...roflmao............

LOL
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: kenair
...ban this, ban that, ban him, ban her, ban this club, ban this event, don't usurp my authority, i'll never stand for this, in my 2 years, we are all friends, this is not ....
[sm=lol.gif]

Thanks for the laugh .... sometimes there simply are no simple explanations.... of course it doesn't help when there are countless political types seeking to spin situations to benefit their own agenda...
Old 12-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

... of course it doesn't help when there are countless political types seeking to spin situations to benefit their own agenda...
....yeah, I hate those guys. [:'(]

Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM
britbrat

I'm with britbrat on this, I may not be as old as he
I'm old enough to be you father Jim [:@]

... of course it doesn't help when there are countless political types seeking to spin situations to benefit their own agenda...
....yeah, I hate those guys. [:'(]

Old 12-19-2005, 12:22 PM
r/cnerd

Without intending to be offensive, it was pointed out to you that many of your ideas have been investigated before -- they aren't automatically dismissed. The buddy box thing has been available for years. The student on the box flys on his instructor's insurance until the student joins MAAC. That is why your day pass idea to try things out is irrelevant -- a suck-it-&-see flight is no problem at all under the current set-up.

As for your comments re. "old timers" -- that was clueless, rude & insulting. I'm an "old timer" by your puerile standards & I spend most of my air time teaching folks to fly -- young, old, baggy pants, or what ever. However, the one thing that will quickly end my relationship with a student is the "people expect more these days" attitude. I freely volunteer my teaching time, my expertise, sometimes my own equipment, & a 100 km round trip to the field at my expense on each lesson day. Any student who expects more than that takes a walk. My situation mirrors the case with many instructors, "old-timers", or otherwise.

If you think that more is needed, you can try doing it yourself for a bunch of years first, then re-evaluate your "opinion" -- or you can take a walk yourself.

britbrat: every generalization has exceptions. If you are the exception than kudos to you. As far as the buddy box student not needing MAAC membership, that's great news! Unfortuneately, as a 5-year flyer who wanted to fly for 15 years I've never heard about this before! This goes back to what I was saying about *marketing*! Great that it exists but if no-one knows......
Old 12-19-2005, 12:25 PM
r/cnerd

I'm with britbrat on this, I may not be as old as he (not absolutely sure on this point as I've never met him that I'm aware) but I feel the same. I have taught for many years (at least a decade on buddy boxes I might add) to people ranging age that baggy pants are standard at both ends of the spectrum.
As you mature you may find that you judge less on appearance than action. I aslo agree that the current young generation (not all but an annoying majority) do appear to have a 'gimme' attitude with little patience for 'homework'. When I spend a large portion of my free time telling someone how to make adjustments to make their aircraft safer/fly better .... to the point of making drawings, I expect them to at least make an attempt and show up with results next outing.... sadly, this just doesn't seem to be the case with the latest crop as it was with previous generations. The effort is just not there, they seem to expect plug-n-play in all endeavours... many are they on for a rude awakening when they hit the real world.[X(]
too true....that's why I suggest pay-to play and paid instructors.....
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 PM
r/cnerd

I'm sorry you found my comments to be so insulting! If you've3 chosen to take on lots of students that's great! Are you saying we can expect old timers to take on lots of students? I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but as a 30-something I guess I'm just rude, is that it. Please explain how my comments were rude and insulting cuz I don't get it...

Oh yeah...in business I hear "we tried that it won't work" all the time....usually it means a good idea was poorly implemented. If you want something to work you make it work. If you don't, you say it won't!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.