Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

maac membership?

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

maac membership?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:35 PM
andrew66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maac membership?

Hey, im new to the whole rc picture and have a couple questions about my maac membership.
my club said that i have to have it to fly there, and it is strongly reccomended by alot of other ppl too, so i applied online and paid via credit card. so do i have to wait until my actual card gets to me (said 3-5weeks on website) or should i get a temporary ticket faxed or emailed so i can fly. if someone can help clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated as i am very anxious to get out there and start flying.
thanx,
andrew
Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Jason Holdaway

Default RE: maac membership?

technically, you need to show proof. If you were at my club and told me you did it, I'd be fine with that.......if I knew you......otherwise........well....technicallity wouldn't be worth putting others at risk.... I doubt it will be 3-5 weeks though. they're usually pretty good.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
jhelps

Check with your club. Ours allowed folks to fly if we a) paid MAAC through the club or b) our secretary phoned MAAC to see if you were registered. Most clubs try and help members get flying by some means or another.

JH
Old 04-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Mr. Canadian

it won't take 3-5 weeks for it to show up. I re-registered my membership at the end of march and had my card with 7 days of paying online, which is pretty fast considering I'm in BC. Your membership is probably in the mail already.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

You should have received a confirmation of payment from MAAC office. If not ask for one and that should be good enough until your card arrives. I know if you pay the club dues and MAAC through your club you can fly at once you just have to confirm your on line payment.

Dennis
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
andrew66

thanx for the input guys, i did get the proof emailed today, so i now have a maac number, which should be all i need to fly and incase the worst happenes.