Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:43 AM
dignlivn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Zooland

I hear you. Mine lasted a battery pack last night. It is still attached, but I know it
wont last long. I think my battery is losing its get up and go (stock batt. ) after
charging it it show 11.3 on my meter. I never checked it when it was new (last Oct.)
So if i order Dougs parts (suggestion) I will include a new batt. I am keeping my bcp
stock as I want a Logo 10 for my next project.

C-Ya

Bob

dignlivn
Old 06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
zooland1

ORIGINAL: dignlivn

So if i order Dougs parts (suggestion) I will include a new batt.
If you order the part from Heli-direct, they have a low end 3s lipo for 18.99. It's only 7C so anything beyond the Blade would be pushing it, but it's perfect for the Blade. I've been using them for about four months now. That's all I use for the Blade now. The only change you'd have to make is reducing to an 8 or 9t pinion.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:59 PM
navihawk

Hi everyone. Sorry bout that video. I took it wit my sisters webcam. These next ones i took them at my house wit my camara. Its my 6th battery. Still not doing the forward flight to much. Maybe next battery ill try small forward flights, just taking it easy. Havent broke anything yet. So it seems to be working. Here are the vids.

http://media.putfile.com/Blade-CP-6t...ery-1st-flight
http://media.putfile.com/Blade-CP-6t...ery-2nd-flight
http://media.putfile.com/Blade-CP-6t...ery-3rd-flight
http://media.putfile.com/Blade-CP-6t...ery-4th-flight
http://media.putfile.com/Blade-CP-6t...ery-5th-flight
Old 06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
BLBncsu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My tail motor housing that goes onto the end of the tail boom is starting to rotate a lot. I mean the entire motor and tail blade and tail motor mount rotate around the tail boom. It being able to rotate is great while I'm learning, saved me many a tail blade and all. But my questions is, is there a way to stop the tail motor/blade from rotating SO much but still let it be able to move some. I don't want to CA the whole thing in place quite yet since I'm still learning, just need a way to tighten it all up. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:31 PM
heliyardsale

Well, I finally did it.... I found a new Trex 450 XL on ebay for 169.00 plus shipping so I bit the bullet and bought it... Hopefully its not scam and the thing arrives in one piece... I'm hoping it flys as good as I read online. I'm getting tired of dealing with my Blade CP's drama... Everytime the darn thing tips over it bends something!!
I'll keep you posted...
Old 06-12-2006, 06:02 PM
theradioflyer

You could use a dab of silicon or use some scotch tape to hold it.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:36 PM
zooland1

ORIGINAL: BLBncsu

is there a way to stop the tail motor/blade from rotating SO much but still let it be able to move some.
If you can pull it off without risk of damaging the wires you can put a few drops of CA on the end of the boom. Make sure you don't get it inside and glue your wires in place. Let it dry comepletly. What this will do is permanently increase the diameter of the boom. This also works great if you have an area with a clamp that won't tighten far enough. If this scares you. Wrap a piece of cellophane tape around the boom and trim it where the ends meet. Basicly creating one full wrap around the end. This has the same effect, but will peel over time. I've used both methods, the CA works best.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:46 PM
zooland1

My latest update. I looked at a house tonight with a spare 20x25 room with hardwood floors. All I could think about is am I willing to spend $275,000 for my new flying field Actually my boss is thinking of buying the property for the huge workshop in the back and the acre of land it's on. The house just happens to be on the property, so why waste it I've been working out of his garage for ten years and he thinks it's time I move out. So all that has to happen is, he buys the property, divorce my wife (which will probably happen anyway), sell my house and move to the property. Work in the shop which would now be in my back yard. And go in and fly anytime I get bored.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:47 AM
dignlivn

zooland1

I thought about lipo's a while back but I decided to keep it stock except for a on/off switch
I installed. My improvised tail support is still hanging on. With bad weather moving in I
am going to take advantage of it and check my spindle and main shaft today. I hate slop/wobbles ..All the money I could spend on upgrades for the bcp is ear marked for a Logo 10 this fall.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion .

Bob

dignlivn
Old 06-14-2006, 04:54 PM
{EH}Talon

Good news and bad news ,

some guy baught all 10 main shafts about 15 minutes before i walked in the store

but there getting new ones on friday and i asked him to hold one for me

i hope buying this heli was a good idea :/
Old 06-14-2006, 06:54 PM
BLBncsu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I am happy to report that after taking my time over 2 weeks and about 15 batteries I am able to confidently hover the heli for the entire battery in the garage. I haven't broken a single thing yet or had to replace a single piece (knock on wood). The heli is hovering good once I got it trimmed out and I've been lucky and haven't had any problems with my BCP. So I guess flying these things can be done!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:58 PM
navihawk

Very nice. 10 minutes ago i was outside flying my bcp and i was taking off from concrete and its raised like 7 inches and i was hovering low and lowered the power too much and it went down not too hard, hit the concrete and bounced back up and back a little and i lowered the throttle insetad of raising it and the blades hit the concrete. Ive had it since saturday and this is the first thing that i have broken.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
zooland1

ORIGINAL: navihawk

i lowered the throttle insetad of raising it and the blades hit the concrete. Ive had it since saturday and this is the first thing that i have broken.
Make sure you pull the blade grips and check the spindle (the hollow shaft that connects the grips to each other). You'll need two 1.5mm allen wrenches. With a hard hit on the blades like you apparently had, you'll almost always bend that flimsy little piece of tubing. Most times you can straighten it back out by hand. Of course, you might not have bent it at all, but it's worth checking.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:05 PM
ECP666

Any CP scale fliers out here with an opinion for me?

I am building a Bell 222 micro heli fuselage (Airwolf - JMD Models) for my CP, and I wonder the best and safest way to fasten the tail motor to the fuselage, since no boom is used. My concern is heat. I am thinking silicone adhesive, perhaps with a wrap of corrugated aluminum for heat dissipation. Anyone had some success in this area?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:05 PM
{EH}Talon

Im glad you all are having sucess

i cant fly this for the life of me

i still think that it is just the space im in so when i get my main shaft im going down to the park and gonna trim it there cause its just so hard to here

Old 06-15-2006, 07:38 AM
dignlivn

[quote]ORIGINAL: BLBncsu

I haven't broken a single thing yet or had to replace a single piece (knock on wood).

BLBncsu

I agree with zooland. I have replaced several Main shafts and spindles (4 or more ) since
last October. Just the other day I broke the tail support rod on a hard landing in grass.
I checked the heli over and checked blade tracking (It was off ) I corrected the tracking, Then
tried a maintenance flight. I had a wobble (ever so slight). the next day I tore it all down and
replaced the spindle and Main shaft, along with New Bearings for the shaft. I reset the heli up ( I use
BDavisons setup. )

It doesn't take much to bend either of these parts (sad but true). Set up and balance is
everything on Any heli. just my 2 cents.

Bob

dignlivn
Old 06-15-2006, 05:10 PM
navihawk

Thanks for the heads up guys. I checked it out and looks pretty straight and nothing broken. The blades is what took most of the hit they are messed up one has a chunk missing lol. I don't know if this makes it wobble a little. I think that it might be that i have a bent main shaft ( the one that connects to the gear that spins(i think thats what its called)). Tried to take it out but the hex keys are too big to loosen the little metal ball that sits right between servos and swashplate.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:08 PM
zooland1

That screw should be the same size as the blade holder screws-1.5mm When you are checking the spindle or main shaft, roll it on a flat surface (you can do it with the gear hanging over the side)> If it's bent you see it bump up and down. Sometimes you can straighten the main if it's not too bad.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
zooland1

Four days without a post?[sm=eek.gif]Where'd everybody go?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
theradioflyer

I've been flyin' my Blade
Old 06-19-2006, 07:04 PM
choppersrule

Hi Guys,

I've been flying the CX for about 6 months and the CP for about 2 months. Having a great time, wish I had more time to play. Anyway, what this post is about is parts availability concerns, I've been using hobbyzone.com for 4 months or so. Trust me I've broken more parts than I'm willing to admit, but I've never had a backorder problem with Hobby Zone. Anything I've ordered, they always seem to have and I get it in 3, no more than 4 days. Order extra blades and things you thing you might need to offset the shipping charges.

Just food for thought,

Choppersrule
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 PM
choppersrule

Zooland1,

I've been busy putting may heli's back together after my last crash. Blades, tail rotor motor, servo, tail rotor. You know the ususal crash mishaps[]
Old 06-19-2006, 07:14 PM
navihawk

I havent goten a chance to go to the hobby store and pick up the new blades. Its just sitting there next to my pc. Hopefully wednesday i can go get them. Wife just got a new car so she said i can get new blades lol. Something is something.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:46 PM
theradioflyer

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Hi Guys,

I've been flying the CX for about 6 months and the CP for about 2 months. Having a great time, wish I had more time to play. Anyway, what this post is about is parts availability concerns, I've been using hobbyzone.com for 4 months or so. Trust me I've broken more parts than I'm willing to admit, but I've never had a backorder problem with Hobby Zone. Anything I've ordered, they always seem to have and I get it in 3, no more than 4 days. Order extra blades and things you thing you might need to offset the shipping charges.

Just food for thought,

Choppersrule
Another great place to get parts for the Blade CP is www.hobby-sports.com. These guys will get you the right part and also within two or three days, over night if you want. I know the owners and they stand behind everything they sell!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:01 PM
djdavidcp

Zoo,

I've been flying the Trex SE 2 weeks in the air, almost 30 flights, no crashes. I love this chopper.

I have to put a new 4 in 1 in my Blade Ticks me off. Before the 4 in 1 burned out, it was flying the best it ever flew. I took it on vacation up in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. Had a cabin up in the mountains and it was dead calm the entire time there. I flew it every day. Did some crazy stuff with it. Flew it through the trees into the woods and turned it back nose in and flew it out. I even flew it around some trees. I was in the zone. Got home and it went nuts. Tail twitching, up and down violently, glitches. I was in the middle of my Trex purchase, so I put off getting the new 4 in 1. Now that I've recovered from the financial hit of the Trex, I am going to fix up the Blade again. Hopefully I can still fly it after flying the Trex

Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.