Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fs racing 4wd?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:29 AM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fs racing 4wd?

anyone have one of these 1/5 gas cars? they look kinda cool...
im thinking about getting one, but id like to hear from anyone thats seen them first hand.

http://www.oversizerc.ashop.com.au/p...ing-car--.html

i even found a video! its laggy tho..

http://www.fs-racingart.com/video.php?pid=582

it even has a center diff, i think thats cool...

i want one!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70351.jpg
Views:	1277
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	864298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86291.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	864299  
Old 01-29-2008, 02:58 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: fs racing 4wd?

I have one on order, I think Foxy42 might also, or is at least considering it it. I'll be sure to post videos when mine arrives
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The thing that concerns me is the 430mm width. I will be ordering one though, yes, I've got to see what it's like for the price. 430mm though, makes it considerably wider than the MCD it's based on, and will cause the wheels to stick out with any other body than the one it was supplied with. I asked oversizerc.com to measure it and when he said 430, I asked him to measure it again. He's sure it's 430, which is a touch disturbing. Won't stop me ordering one though. Can't decide on upgrades for the cars I have this month, or ordering that. I might wait until a few of the hop ups arrive for the FS, and the test fitting of the genuine MCD parts has happened (soon, apparently).
Old 01-29-2008, 03:22 AM
PAPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foxy how wide is the MCD? whats the difrence in with?

cant you just screw in the rose joint (ball joints) tomake it a centemiter or 2 narroer?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:28 AM
Foxy

Probably, don't know. Yet... The MCD is 415 IIRC, I may be wrong, it's on their site anyway and I remember thinking what a big difference.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
kg2mb

Im waiting for Fs alloy parts to be available,then order car and alloy parts together from oversizerc...
then its 4 wheel driftingI wish they would make 2 speed for mcd/FS.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM
blackrain

how good is the ground clearance on these on road cars. or do you need to find a real smooth area to run them
Old 01-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Foxy

The particular ones we are talking about (the MCD rally and it's FS clone) have quite a bit of adjustment in the ground clearance. If you go to MCD's homepage (mcdracing.com), you can see pictures of them running the car in gravel. The 2wd racing on-roads have less adjustment, but will still cross grassy areas of a track without too much difficulty following an off, depending on the length of the grass, and the momentum of the car. If you want good traction, especially with the 2wd ones, then yes, a clean smooth surface is essential, but they will run just fine on uneven ground, just be a bit all over the place.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:59 PM
revopqrs

thanks for the replies fellas! im surprised to hear it measures wider? they look identical.... please post when these things start showing up!
if i can sell my truggies soon ill be ordering one... man i hate selling stuff![:@]

anyone need truggies? lol..
Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 PM
kennyrccars

ORIGINAL: foxy42

The thing that concerns me is the 430mm width. I will be ordering one though, yes, I've got to see what it's like for the price. 430mm though, makes it considerably wider than the MCD it's based on, and will cause the wheels to stick out with any other body than the one it was supplied with. I asked oversizerc.com to measure it and when he said 430, I asked him to measure it again. He's sure it's 430, which is a touch disturbing. Won't stop me ordering one though. Can't decide on upgrades for the cars I have this month, or ordering that. I might wait until a few of the hop ups arrive for the FS, and the test fitting of the genuine MCD parts has happened (soon, apparently).

The extra width is due to the offset wheels that FS are using. Genuine MCD Proline wheels have a very small offset & the car uses short hex axles. I suspect FS are using the longer offroad type axles similar to the original Race Runner.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:18 AM
bentley marshall

ive seen fs racing car in action they go well could do with a better carby and maybe coil/and spark plug to get it to open up a bit more what impresed me was the brakes they lock up all 4 wheels no probs at all
Old 01-30-2008, 04:32 AM
rckiwi

Bloody hell you are on to it Bentley! They are an awesome car as I have already imported a few from FS-Racing and I tell you thry are worth the money! the Plastic on them look and fell alot better than any other 1/5 car I have imported from China. I was lucky enough to see the first showing of these cars at the Beijing Hobby fair in Oct 07. The 30cc motor shouldnot be discounted, I am sure with a Zenoah coil they will rev alot harder and also they have a 4 bolt barrel so makes the crankcase and barrel alot stronger, and I am sure these will be able to be modified a great deal more then std CY or Zen motors, being they are 30cc for a start!
My impressions of these cars as I have sold on & off road models and all customers are very happy with the std performance and handling! Cheers Bryan from downunder New Zealand.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
revopqrs

awesome... thanks guys! now were gettin some good info... the wider wheels makes sense, ill buy that. also its good to hear the mills are 4 bolt!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
kooltoyz

Hi,

I have a few of these machines which i imported from china to the UK but they are not branded FS RACING i meet a manufacturer at shanghai toy fair in oct 2007 he assured me that they had manufactured them i have the 2WD buggies and the 4wd monster truck i know its a copy of the MCD but is it made buy the company i meet or is it made by FS RACING? Does anyone have a website address for FS racing? Im pretty sure its made by the company i meet and possible branded as a FS RACING machine? Or have i been mislead and its the other way aroud? Any info would be good on this???

Anyway like i said a have 4 2x 2wd buggy + 2 x 4wd truck we have had them out 6 times now and and they have broke 4 out the 6 times. Firsty on the first shot within 30mins the monster truck when mental and stuck on full throttle ending up in a bush destroyed The is no fail safe on these so a stray signal or low battery can make them go full throttle ahead with no stopping it BEWARE!!!
Once i bashed the chassis plate back into shape and rebuild front end i ran a tank of gas thru without any issue on the next outing the GWS servo failed on both the truck and one of the buggies after replacing agin on the buggy with another GWS it fail again after 1hr use. The 2wd buggy only has space for one servo unlike the 4wd buggy and truck which have space for 2 like the MCD. The trucks arrived with only one servo they definately need two those wheels are big and its a must. So after purchasing 3 nice HITEC servos 1 for buggy and 2 for trucK we realised the servo hole was sligtly smaller and only Takes GWS servos another bad idea there is only 3mm difference so we filed it out and got them in since then the steering servo issue has been fine on both truck and car, might i add the other truck has ran with one GWS and hasnt failed!!!
So back on the track with 2 trucks and one buggy as the 2nd buggy has now been basterdised to death to keep the others running an expensive donor indeed but worth it for the fun factor. These things shift faster than anything ive seen are are quite well made apart from the electronics issues and some minor bad designed bits they have cut corners on from MCD.
So.......sorry am i going on a bit ahahah thought you guys might be interested before puchasing one any so after approx 4-5 hours use we started seeing play in the wheels on the truck which very quickly lead to the whole hub breaking off!!! the buggies are fine but the green monster truck wheels are really rubbish ive contacted my guy in china and they have fixed he mould and made it better the plastic was only 2mm where the wheel hub connected to the wheel you really would have to be stupid to design like this but they did.

So with 2 wheels down it meant one wheel was robbed from one truck to get the other running and the other buggy basterdised then there was 2 so out we went with 1 truck and one buggy after another tank i rolled the buggy at about 30mph it landed on its wheels but the throttle servo stuck on it then went mental flat out and rolled about another 3 times it was painfull to watch and i have it on video so will post it on you tube soon the end result was the throttle servo fail but it held up quite well considering.....The there was one we took it to show someone and fired it up in the street after a few mins again the trottle servo stuck it went on a death trip into parked car and hit the steel wheel and then there was none? When we got it home the throttle servo was burn out and frontend wasnt to bad. So after 4-5 hours we have kill all 4 of them 2 wheels destroyed 2 steering servos and 3 throttle servos various a arms etc but i must admit its been fun All in all with the following changes it is a great piece of it you can get enough off infact its took over my life for the past 2 weeks hence why im on line at 1am looking for info and better bits

So to round up the second generation i have order have these changes
1. New wheels
2. Fail safe fitted
3. New FM transmitter as first version were AM
4 Dual servo on both truck and buggy

I hope you enjoyed my novel have a look at my site www.kooltoyz.co.uk have more on route from china and loads of spares

Allan
Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 PM
revopqrs

lol.. thanks for your input! great story.. ive heard the radios are junk, i didnt plan to use it anyways if i got one. i was thinking about sticking to the onroad version just to keep from pounding on it! lol.. not sure i could control myself in the dirt..
Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM
revopqrs

ohhh...

http://www.fs-racingart.com/index01.php
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 AM
rckiwi

Yip I agree with Allan! but I can say most Chinese RTR controllers you may as well bin them! As far as the servos go I have never had any luck with GWS servos so they need to go in the bin as well!
Cheers Bryan
Old 02-01-2008, 03:24 AM
revopqrs

i want some video.....[8D]
Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Foxy

Allan, thank you very much for the story, it's certainly the best insight we've had so far on the MCD clones (I also think it's safe to assume they are same as the FS ones if based on the MCD). I would be most interested to hear your thoughts on the 4wd on-road if you can get hold of one.

Would you agree with my understanding of what you have written that ALL the problems you had stemmed from the crap electronics (apart from the wheels and hubs, which the manufacturer is addressing)?

If so, and you are generally happy with the sturdiness and quality of the plastic for general (as oppsed to 'extreme') usage, then it's not a bad testament to the cars. It seems to be pot luck with the servos I see, so basically, if we replace the servos, radio and fit a failsafe, the cars are quite acceptable?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 AM
kooltoyz

Hi,

So it looks like the ones i have are FS racing sold through a lying git at the shanghai fair who said he is manufacturing them typical chinese ive been dealing with them for 4-5 years now and they will tell you anything there are so many agents pretending to be manufacturers its real hard to trust anyone.
Anyway to answer some question the machines are awesome and me and my mates havent ever had so much fun we really were kids with new toys for the last 2 weeks we have been obsest with these things my mate actually said he woke up at 4am in the morning and went to get a drink in kitchen and before he knew it he was fiddling with the truck hahahah (Sad i knoW but thats the effect they have) Unfortunately most of our time has been in the workshop fixing the damn things but its part in parcel of such a toy esspecially a chinese one so if you aint willing to do it then save up for MCD

I havent seen the car yet as the guy at local go kart track is a bit of a plank so not got a track to play with them on so we went for the off road versions. I have to admit im really hashy and gave them a real test to destruction rolling them flat out crashed and bashed them into each other and apart from the electronics they held up very well, they are tuff and well made.
On a head on truck V car the 8mm tracking rod snapped before the plastic A arm in fact the arm was fine. And on the 30mph into a bush a thick one at that the chassis plate bent before any of the plastic arms so they are tough for sure, the plate is very easy to bash back so with 30mins it was as good as new minus the carbon fibre look a like coating. Obviously its part of my job to test them to destruction as need to know how good they are before i buy hundreds. Its a hard job i know

So to sum up its thumbs up as long as you are willing to get the electronics fixed but like i said we couldnt find anything that would fit into GWS holes in top plate so the HITEC 805 was the closest which needed moding to fit.
Will get the youtube video up this weekend where you can see some of the destruction

Allan
Old 02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
rckiwi

Allan,

Hitech HS-5745MG fit straight in and all metal gear digit!

Cheers Bryan
Old 02-01-2008, 08:01 PM
rckiwi

I have a video of on-road which I will post as soon as I can!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oo please do!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:03 AM
JRexA

Try getting them to use the Carson/Acoms Hayabusa 2.4ghz controller instead of the usual cheap FM/AM junk. It might raise the price by US$ 50-70, but then the radio should be good.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
kooltoyz

Hi guys,

Just to lets use know ive posted the first half off my video on YOUTUBE for the world to see (had to slip it into 2 4min sections) we have 2 trucks and 1 buggy out none of them go home complete but thats half the fun abusing them then repairing them The second video will be up soon which is even better as my made has a serious crash with the truck. It actually only broke the throotle servo which is cheap GWS one anyway so they are tuff these are the MCD clones by the way not the real Macoy.
Hope you enjoy watching as much as we did making it javascript:void(AddText('',''))
javascript:void(AddText('',''))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpqXHKzsVo4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.