Notices

!!8" Zeroli B-25

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 05:47 PM
aayler
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!8" Zeroli B-25

Zeroli 118" B-25 ,Robart Retracts < Sierra scale alum wheels , Break System fully scale doors New UP-2 door and gear system, G-45's scale functional 3 blade props, scale interior, all guns, rivets, functional turrits, functional boom bay doors color scheme invasion stripes, navigation lights and landing lights.
this a beauty. Futaba 18 Mz radio included.
Old 12-31-2021, 06:07 PM
p-51 flyr
My Feedback: (44)

So is the price 18,500 or 1850? Just wondering if that was the correct price posted
Old 12-31-2021, 06:33 PM
DornierJet
My Feedback: (91)

Default N-25

Originally Posted by p-51 flyr
So is the price 18,500 or 1850? Just wondering if that was the correct price posted

Yes confirm the price please?? With all the misspelled words in the ad I assume the price was a type o also.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:10 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The Ziroli B-25 is a huge building project. With all the equipment, all the scale detail and working parts (not part a the average build), plus all the radio equipment including the quality high end transmitter, $1850 would be laughable, even insulting. I hope this seller gets every penny of his asking price. Those that have never built a giant scale warbird like this have no idea. Best wishes on the sale. Great job on the plane!
Old 12-31-2021, 08:49 PM
DornierJet
My Feedback: (91)

Default B-25

Yes totally understand. I’ve built many Ziroli kits over the years. Including P-61. Tons of work and time. And many detail work goes into it. 18k? Ok
But hey it might happen.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:01 PM
ram3500-RCU

Originally Posted by DornierJet;[url=tel:12709342
12709342]Yes totally understand. I’ve built many Ziroli kits over the years. Including P-61. Tons of work and time. And many detail work goes into it. 18k? Ok
But hey it might happen.
True scale building is a dwindling skill in this age of instant gratification. Then there are those with means, but just don’t have the time, or place. There is a market for high end builds. Hope this gentleman finds his way to that market.

Ziroli makes some fine plans. My collection has included the Beech 18, DC 3, AT6, and my favorite, the wonderful P-38. Build on.😉
Old 01-01-2022, 09:47 PM
sherlockshah
My Feedback: (1)

Default Cool bird!!!

I think the fellow is trying to show his wife , honey i have it for sale, its just not finding a buyer at the moment, as soon as it does you can get a brand new car, until than just drive what you have lol
Old 01-02-2022, 08:01 AM
1qaz

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

You never get out of a model what you have put into it, thats the reality!
Old 01-02-2022, 09:31 AM
ram3500-RCU

Originally Posted by 1qaz
Why is this? If you buy a new vehicle, you never get that “ showroom price” back when you sell. Just about anything you buy new is less valuable when you sell it. Right? A man once said, “add up what you have in it and divide by 2. That is what it is worth”

But we are not talking about off the shelf stuff here. Art is am example. Is the value of art based on the price of the canvas and paint, or stone, or clay, or whatever the material is? Absolutely not. The piece is precious and valuable because of the rare talent it takes to produce it. I think of scale models as a form of art. It takes rare skills to produce a working scale model. This is what should be appreciated and valued. You can’t put a value on talent, skill, patience, and creativity. Those who appreciate it and recognize it for what it is, ARE willing to pay for it. It isn’t the sum of the parts and equipment in a hand made SCALE model that is the principle value, as some seem to assume. No, it is the rare talent, engineering skill, art, and creativity, often based on years even decades of experience, that sets it apart from the ARF, or stock mass produced model. The discriminating among us appreciate this and are willing to pay for what they know they could never do. For the rest of the us, we just make fun of those who have these rare skills and what they value their one of a kind pieces of art at. After all, we know what the parts cost.

Shame on all of us who have no respect for the talent and hard work of these rare modelers in scale art!

Last edited by ram3500-RCU; 01-02-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:49 AM
maddog-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Ram3500-RCU; I agree with what you have said but the simple fact is "Something is only worth WHAT someone is willing to pay for it."

Old 01-02-2022, 11:06 AM
ram3500-RCU

Originally Posted by maddog-RCU
Ram3500-RCU; I agree with what you have said but the simple fact is "Something is only worth WHAT someone is willing to pay for it."
And that remains to be seen , right?
Old 01-02-2022, 12:25 PM
1qaz

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Shame on all of us who have no respect for the talent and hard work of these rare modelers in scale art![/QUOTE]

I agree completely. In my experience there are very few modelers who will pay a builder for their time & materials used in a model, and although this looks to be a nicely built model it's still a plans built Ziroli B-25. Just my two cents worth, I hope he gets a modeler who will pay what he's asking.

Last edited by 1qaz; 01-02-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:38 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a buyer for everything .... one may have to wait a while for the right buyer to recognize the value of this B-25 but that person is out there!
Old 01-02-2022, 03:33 PM
kennye
My Feedback: (11)

Been building 30 years and just finishing up on my 101" Ziroli B-25 I will take 3000 for mine..lol
Old 01-09-2022, 03:54 PM
decartme
My Feedback: (21)

I am with you, Gary!! There are folks in our hobby that very much enjoy the true art of a highly detailed model both from a building and flying standpoint and are willing to either sacrifice their time and talents to build or fly such art. I know the price seems high but in reality, it is easy to get a huge sum of money tied up in a plane not even counting the labor for the build. There is nothing like attending a high-end scale event and having the fun of being in the same league as some of the best builders and flyers in the hobby. For many of us in the hobby, the only way to be able to own world-class planes is to buy them from expert builders. I have been fortunate enough to have friends that are of the same mindset and enjoy the hobby as much as I do. I say more power to the builder and hope they get a reasonable amount of profit because if they do more planes will be built and more builders will be available when we are in an off-the-shelf world.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:56 AM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Shame on all of us who have no respect for the talent and hard work of these rare modelers in scale art!
I agree completely. In my experience there are very few modelers who will pay a builder for their time & materials used in a model, and although this looks to be a nicely built model it's still a plans built Ziroli B-25. Just my two cents worth, I hope he gets a modeler who will pay what he's asking.[/QUOTE]

So true. Not sure why, but when it comes to paying a fair price for an expertly built and detailed model, all common sense seems to evaporate.
I have sold some very high-end models, expertly built by me to exacting standards. I always document that my asking price accounts for NONE of my time. The time I invest in a build is for MY benefit.
But when expected to also give away my monetary investment in a build, I simply say, "This model is obviously not for you. I believe the plans are still available. Go buy some wood and have at it! GOOD LUCK! Please let me know when you plan to maiden!"

Last edited by RichardGee; 01-21-2022 at 10:59 AM.