Notices

Astro Hog. 25% enlarged, 89" doped & painted. Houston Pick-up

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 01:55 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Astro Hog. 25% enlarged, 89" doped & painted. Houston Pick-up

If the PM here doesn't reach me, e-mail me direct at willtalkonline@ gmail.com (no space between the @gmail)

I'm in the north burbs of Houston, and this is for local pick-up only. I've had this plane for some years and I'm not in the need for cash to have to sell it for less. Unless you are one of the few people who happens to operate a business selling & shipping large things so that you can send a commercial trucking company on your account to pick this up, please do NOT ask me to ship this. I will be willing to crate it for you and provide a pallet, but you will be responsible for the shipping process & cost.

Particulars about the plane;
This is an Astro Hog that I scratch built from the plans from out of an original Sig kit I had purchased. I enlarged the plans 25% to 89". I had put 19.5 months and at least 1600 hours of building time into completing this plane. This plane features a 2.1 Moki Engine and a take-down wing tube for easier transport. The engine runs very smooth and the plane flies well with an 18 x 8 prop. The plane is covered in Sig Koverall fabric and multiple coatings of Brodak dope that I sanded down smooth. I then used a detail auto spray-gun to apply the finish Rustoleum primer and fuel-proof paint. The exact Rustoleum paint is still available today in the event you ever need to do touch up or repairs. The names and stock numbers of the paint is 2 parts of #7564 Sunrise Red to 1 part #7762 Safety Red, Gloss White #7792, and Gloss Black #7779. I'm older now and don't fly much these days. When I do fly it's simple electric trainers. This is the last of the fuel powered birds I built and still own. I didn't want to part with this plane as it's been my pride & joy, but at 68 it's time to let it go and allow somebody else to enjoy owning and flying this beautiful bird. I guarantee you that you will be the only pilot at your field with a custom built 89" AstroHog!! This plane has not been flown since its maiden flight years ago, and so to prevent the Moki 2.1 engine from gumming up I had since pulled it from the plane, lubed it with synthetic oil, and stored it in it's original box as you see in the photo. But the engine will bolt right back into the plane easily. It has a ton of compression, and the shaft and carb rotate smooth as glass!! One tank of fuel was run through the engine for the proper break-in as recommended by the manufacturer along with the plane's maiden flight of about 10 minutes. All the servos are in place. You just need do some minimal prep for flight, (ie; clean the fuel tank for example, etc) add your receiver, and enjoy flying your custom Hog! I've got more photos for those who are serious about this plane. Feel free to private message me if you have any questions. But again, this is for pick-up only. Thanks. And Happy Flying!

Last edited by rustyrivet; 11-17-2022 at 02:00 AM.