Notices

Ziroli P-40 with fiberglass fuse

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 06:32 PM
decartme
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli P-40 with fiberglass fuse

Awesome Ziroli P-40 was built by FTE some years back I believe. This plane has great detail with a built-up wing and fiberglass fuselage. One of the best P-40s I have ever seen. It has panel lines and rivet detail. The landing gear is Sierra air retracts with Robart wheels and a Robart tail wheel assembly. The pilot actually has Tiano on the life vest. The engine is a 3W 85 with a Pitts muffler. The servos are a mix of Futaba and JR. No receiver included.

The plane flies well with the typical P-40 flight characteristics. It is swinging a 24x10 carbon fiber 3 blade prop. With full flaps, it will slow down nicely. At full throttle, it moves on.

I have not flown this plane in a couple of years so the fuel lines need to be checked. There are batteries in the plane but they need to be cycled and capacity verified.

PM with questions. No shipping local pick up or can deliver to Perry GA swap meet.

Thanks,
Derwin
Old 02-19-2023, 06:51 PM
DornierJet
My Feedback: (91)

Default P-40

I bought that from Frank Tiano years ago. Great flying plane. It’s been around. I bought and sold that plane I think three times over the years. I would like to buy it again if you know anyone going to Florida from Perry swap meet.
Old 02-25-2023, 07:00 PM
decartme
My Feedback: (21)

Sorry, I just saw your post. For some reason, I did not get an email. I don't know of anyone from Florida going to Perry. I will check to see if any acquaintances in Florida are going to Perry. If you want to do the same I will be glad to meet anyone there as the plane is still available and I will be there Saturday.

Give me a call if you find someone you know going. Herb sent you my phone number. Text or call.

Thanks,
Derwin