Search
Notices

1/10 Scale 8x8 truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 10:20 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 1/10 Scale 8x8 truck

Some months back I posted 2 1/10 model multi axle kits for sale here. Not having received any serious bites on these I decided to build them out. The first to be completed is the 8x8. besides a few modifications and custom parts I made I've built it much as delivered as the kit included everything except RC receiver and transmitter. I have used a FrSky Taranmis 9Xd Plus and 8XR receiver. The model, now that I've been into it was made to a standard that exceded my previous perceptions. mostly aluminum and VERY sturdy. The running gear/drive shafts are mostly steel. The initial reduction gearbox is an alloy cased steel geared planetary type and power is provided by a 55 turn custom can type motor with replaceable brushes. The ESC is capable of delivering 60amps and can handle either NiCads or 2S/3s Lipos. The model has 4 functional headlights, functional turn signal, brake and reverse lights as well as engine sound and horn. Performance is very impressive and rivals any of my tracked vehicles and this beast overcomes any obstacle it has encountered. On the whole far more impressive than I'd imagined. It is for sale complete with radio, component documentation/instructions and is ready to run except I will not include a LiPo. The only thing is I did not install the engine 'vibration' motor as this seemed silly and I need to re-string the cargo cover. Serious enquiries only. I have begun work on the 6x6 and it is about 70% complete.