Do Not Do Business with: Ken Trevor - [email protected]

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 05:35 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Do Not Do Business with: Ken Trevor - [email protected]

Gents,

Please be cautious when you post a want-ad on this site. I was approached yesterday with an option to buy an item I recently posted. The premise of the scam is fairly straight forward. A second user, in this case the user is called Louishyde, sends a private message stating he recently dealt with Trevor and mentioned that he had this item. Then provides Trevor's email address to reach out. When you send a note to Trevor, he sends a stock picture taken at the factory of the unit and a short message with a price and payment options. He also suggests Zelle which has no buyer protection.

This all seemed very suspicious to me. I asked for recent pictures with specific angles, which I felt he could not produce unless he has the part. Guess what, he wasn't - lol. I did a search for Trevor's email address and apparently he has done this before and scammed another member for the cost of a wingtube

In any case, be warned and if you are approached for an item you're looking for, please be careful and ask for proof of the item. Luckily, these guys aren't too smart, so it was easy to tell they're running a scam.

Good luck fellas!

Last edited by skunkwurk; 07-19-2023 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2023, 05:54 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

PLEASE report the PM so I can ban these when they happen.

I helped implement a new 5 forum posts to PM which hopefully will cut these down.
Old 07-19-2023, 06:00 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

OK - Maybe it should be upped to 10 or 15 posts. I looked up Louishyde's posts and his user was relatively new. He trolled a couple random threads and made a couple, equally random, posts.

In any case, that's a great idea, just need to harden it a bit to make it harder for these fools.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Yea, I already deleted the posts and put him in for a ban. I can usually spot people pretty easily that are trying to put up garbage to meet the post count or link/pic post count of 10.