Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
 Post login/logout issues in this thread >

Post login/logout issues in this thread

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Post login/logout issues in this thread

Old 09-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Post login/logout issues in this thread

If you have any login or logout issues on RCU post them here. We can track them down and fix them if you describe clearly the steps you take when getting any errors and what the exact error message says if there is one.

thanks
Old 09-11-2003, 08:32 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post login/logout issues in this thread

After all the issues I had during the beta tests, I still had to get a new password to get in yesterday. Due to the fact that I got my email address issues worked out, I couldn't get a new password at work. I had to wait until I got home to have one emailed to me.

I was able to log in and out several times at home last night, but at work this morning, sure enough I wasn't logged in. I have cookies enabled, I surf other log in sites on this machine without any issues.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Banned

at work after you login is it ok?
Old 09-12-2003, 08:36 AM

All seems to be well now. I was still recognized this morning without having to re-log in. Just for fun, I tried a different machine yesterday here at work that never worked before (because of cookie issues) and was able to post from there. SO as far as I can tell, my log in problems are resolved.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Banned

this seems to only be an issue with those who tested our beta site...old cookie remnants left over from the test beta site requires me to blow out a cookie on our side to fix this. If other users that were on beta have the same weird login issues post here or email me at [email protected] with subject "Clear my beta cookies!" I will do it within an hour or so usually.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Well, I keep getting booted and logged out when I reply to a post along with getting a java error message. I believe it is due to the popups that result in clicking the reply button. I am using a popup stopping program. REALLY aggravating to be bumped out after typing a long reply and losing the whole shebang! Is the "close and refresh" popup really needed?
Never had this problem with the old format. Im tryin to give you guys a chance to fix the bugs because I really like RCU but getting booted constantly might chase me off.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Banned

can't you exempt only RCU from the popup software? we have no popups other than these posting windows which we are coding out into standard reply windows.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:55 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I dont know if I can or not.
These reply windows are not the only popups that come up. When you click on Mark Forum Read there is a small window that pops up and wants you to "Close and Refresh". Popup Stopper HATES that one.

And, once again, how to I remove the "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies" selected default? I get enough emails and spam without being bombarded with emails telling me somebody replied to a posting.
If this is a setting I am able to change, I havent been able to find it!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Will be changing the windows to regular browsing.
We will also be changing the default "notify email" setting. To not receive email notifiers look for the radio button just below the message box and "ok" button to submit a post. You will currently see it automatically check, and we are changing that default setting soon!

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

I dont know if I can or not.
These reply windows are not the only popups that come up. When you click on Mark Forum Read there is a small window that pops up and wants you to "Close and Refresh". Popup Stopper HATES that one.

And, once again, how to I remove the "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies" selected default? I get enough emails and spam without being bombarded with emails telling me somebody replied to a posting.
If this is a setting I am able to change, I havent been able to find it!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:19 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Every so often Ihave to re-login to RCU. I thought once we cleard the "cookie" we would not need to continue to log in? It seems to be happening at random. I loaded the RCU page and I had to login again.[:@]

P.S. I am using IE 6 for my browser.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:32 AM
My Feedback: (33)

Hey Guy's Thanks

The speed is up quite a bit, today with 1600 plus and again tonight it is really noticable.

Full load on an un-visited (boats) forum is apx. 11 seconds, a visited forum (Clubhouse) 11 seconds, going to Market is apx 20 seconds. Seems a lot faster now, and I even have my ISP platform running. running at 48.0kps currently
Old 10-03-2003, 06:40 PM

How do you add the signature thing........i just don't know.......like Snyperx did on his post above..........please help.........cuz i have something(kinda like my signature) that i type at the end of all of my posts........but i just don't remember all what i put all the time...........YOUR HELP WILL BE GGGGGGRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY APPRECIATED........THANKS ALOT........
Old 10-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Banned

click the "SETTINGS" button on the gold bar in the forums.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:17 PM

Lately my computer has been hanging up... locked up completely.. no response to the keyboard or mouse.
I have to reset the power...not CTRL-ALT-DEL.. that doesn't work.
This occured several times a day, after about 3-4 hours of computer on-time.
Yesterday as a Square 1 test, I didn't come to RCU at all, and the computer ran 12 hours continuously.
This morning, I logged on to RCU, and 8 hours later the computer locked up again.
Is there something awry with the RCU cookies?
Old 10-09-2003, 11:57 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Marc,

Hey, I STILL cannot 'POST' to any threads...I can 'Quick Reply' but cannot post to or create a thread...

What's up??

Old 10-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Banned

all posting will be inline next week and will fix your problems.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to hear that replys and post will be fixed. Now to see if this will in fact post. It so I'll use replys instead of e-mail to contact RCU!
Old 10-13-2003, 01:11 PM
Banned

I spoke with our programmer this morning. I'll have code ready for testing tomorrow and wednesday and hopefully it will be uploaded live between wednesday and friday if all checks out ok which it should!
Old 10-18-2003, 02:24 AM

Marc:
18 Oct still getting booted when I try a new post. So I'll have to use this Quik Post to advise of another problem...
Today as on previous days I have numerous duplicate advise e-mails.
A) Today 15 all on 'What do you do for a living'.
B) I have search the page to UNSCRIBE but cannot find where to click.
C) Oh yes, when I go to my subscriptions to unsubscribe it tells me I HAVE NO SUBSCRIPTIONS.
D) May have missed the addressee line on RCU emails before but am I such a Pain that you gave be a new name? My mail from RCU is addressed blackhole@rcunivere. Is this correct?

Should be subscribed to this thead....checked the box.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mikenlapaz

Marc:
18 Oct still getting booted when I try a new post. So I'll have to use this Quik Post to advise of another problem...
Today as on previous days I have numerous duplicate advise e-mails.
A) Today 15 all on 'What do you do for a living'.
B) I have search the page to UNSCRIBE but cannot find where to click.
C) Oh yes, when I go to my subscriptions to unsubscribe it tells me I HAVE NO SUBSCRIPTIONS.
D) May have missed the addressee line on RCU emails before but am I such a Pain that you gave be a new name? My mail from RCU is addressed blackhole@rcunivere. Is this correct?

Should be subscribed to this thead....checked the box.
New code coming this week. Programmers didn't make friday deadline. 85% done. As soon as it's done it will get posted here (which should be this week). Thanks for your patience.

The problems you listed above are all known, identified & addressed in this new version.

go to http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subscribe.asp to check mail options on your subscriptions. If none there check any alternate accounts you may have here as the email might be coming from those if that is the case.

marc
Old 10-20-2003, 04:02 PM
cas

Sir, I am looking for either an "Ana" or "Nosen" set of plans for abt. 1/4 scale Corsair. Can you help. Thanks
Old 10-21-2003, 08:37 PM

Marc,
1)Still unable to post a a new thread.
2)Went to 'subscribe" site you mentioned above and for first time since change it brought up all subsribed theads. Glad they are still there!!
3) Reading prior posts this thread, mention was made of "beta cookies' and your ability to remove them from your end. I did make a one time entry to your beta site prior to your conversion, did not see any change and exited and never went back. Could this be part of my problem?

Still awaiting all the fixes and notification on this thread.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Banned

I expect the new code to be up tomorrow actually. the posting thing will be fixed along with alot of other stuff.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:57 AM

How do I post a new thread?
Old 01-23-2005, 12:47 PM

Never mind. I discovered that my login messed up. OK now!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.