Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

How subscribe to forums?

Old 09-12-2003, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How subscribe to forums?

I guess I am obtuse, but I still have't found a way to subscribe to forums on the new, improved board! My subscribed threads are still there, and my account shows no forums subscribed. What's the deal?
Old 09-12-2003, 01:18 PM

Default RE: How subscribe to forums?

Main page/Forums/Forum Settings/"Choose the forums you want to appear in your custom 'MyForums' view"
Old 09-12-2003, 07:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

That still doesnt mean the forums show up when you click on "Subcribed Forums". The forums that come up when i click "My Forums" do not show when I click Subcribed Forums. Instead, it claims I am not subcribed to any forums.
Also, how to I kill the "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies" default? I have this turned off in my preferences/My account but the box is still checked every time, including THIS reply.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:52 PM
My Feedback: (33)

Also, how to I kill the "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies" default? I have this turned off in my preferences/My account but the box is still checked every time, including THIS reply.
Go to INBOX above and in INBOX click on subscriptions, the two check boxes to the left.
Un check the ones you dont want under the mail option.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

That still doesnt mean the forums show up when you click on "Subcribed Forums". The forums that come up when i click "My Forums" do not show when I click Subcribed Forums. Instead, it claims I am not subcribed to any forums.
Subscribed forums isn't used on this new forum. Only use the Settings page to set MyForums which governs all the custom forum selections.

Notify by email you should uncheck when you post each time as there is no way to turn it off as a user pref. I had users that want in on by default and others that want it off...it means it has to be a pref so we will hack it in soon.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:52 PM

Default cant get settings page to load completely.

Hello, I would love to go to the settings page and set up a "my forums" list. When I
click on the page to change settings it LOOKS like it's loading OK, Then it stalls and nothing comes up on the screen. (all other pages I have tried work OK). I have tried it several times over several days and the same thing happens. I read in this forum somewhere something about a pop up blocker causing problems with changing things. Problem is ..... I can't find how to select my choice on the pop up blocker. Can you help? ..... lownslo......

PS... #1 how can I find out what the Smileys mean?? The old format would allow me to lay my mouse pointer over the object and the ID would come up.
PS ... # 2 How can I PASTE a copied item into this compostion\reply\new post page.
There is no tool bar on this page to click on "paste" and I am too computer illiterate to figure it out (I did figure out this smiley
Old 09-14-2003, 09:26 PM
My Feedback: (33)

lownslo
PS ... # 2 How can I PASTE a copied item into this compostion\reply\new post page.
Highlight it (if it is a part of someones thread) and click REPLY, it will load automatically, (thats how I did this quote)

What Browser and what pop-blocker do you have?