Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Setup Fee- Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 01:57 PM
dunk-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup Fee- Disappointed

Ok, I searched with no answer.... While I was doing my membership upgrade I found out that its not just $20 but an additional $4 for "Setup Fee" I don't use the classified, only want access to additional photos so what is up with the Setup Fee... Why not just tell us it was $24 instead of leading us with $20... not that Iam upset but feel kinda slammed... eventhough I contributed before the paid version started....

Disappointed
Old 09-20-2003, 08:25 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Setup Fee- Disappointed

This is processing fee for check payment only. It is a manual process which takes additional time to do and we pay our bookeeper to do this so the $4 just covers those hard costs.

If you pay by credit card it is in fact $20.00 USD. Credit card payment is encouraged and preferred.

Old 09-21-2003, 02:45 PM
dunk-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As one that has a fulltime bookeeper working for me I have two comment:

If it cost you $4.00 per transaction to process a check you are getting ripped in the shorts, that is total BS to log and post a check, just as a creditcard transaction.

If this is a profit center processing check then call it what it is.... you must think we are a bunch of dummies out here....

It takes my bookeeper a totall of 30-90 seconds to post a check and add it to her deposit list each day....

Have a great day
Old 09-22-2003, 02:12 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure. She only deposits the checks. I'm glad you guys know how our backend works. She has to do accounting entries in her books and also separately on several screens of the backend. We do not have everything integrated as we are not some huge company. Next after activating she needs to manually send check paying members a welcome email. Add it all up and it takes time. Our bookeeper is a CPA and if you figure out the minutes it takes to do it and adjust by the rate it comes out about right. If you don't like the surcharge then pay by credit card or go elsewhere to other sites that are free. You pay 15 bucks for a gallon of fuel or 6 bucks for a glowplug. Sell $1000 of stuff on ebay and figure out what that will cost you.

You either feel our value proposition is worthwhile or it isn't. IF it isn't don't upgrade. Plain and simple. Complaining isn't going to change anything.