Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

RCC or PAY PAL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 08:51 AM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCC or PAY PAL?

Two of my buyers were unable to log on to my PayPal account because of "trouble with my account." I contacted PP and was told the my account was perfect.
I reissued my invoice and the buyer was again unable to log on. Now what! Looper

r
cu
Old 10-18-2014, 11:57 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Just bypass the RCU system,, Send them you email address and have them pay directly from their paypal account,,,

sad to see this slow meltdown of the classifieds, but seams like a lot of glitches lately with Zero response from anyone

good luck
Old 11-13-2014, 11:01 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is not a problem with RCUniverse but instead with the email address listed in the ad for the Paypal account. Sellers must be sure the address they list in the Paypal section of their ad is in fact their Paypal email address. It's easy to list the wrong address if the seller has multiple email addresses.

Also, bypassing RCU to accept Paypal is a bad idea. If a problem arises and either buyer or seller feels the need to file a dispute through Paypal, they will refuse to accept it if the transaction was handled directly between the parties, ie., not through the RCU invoice system.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:37 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

I agree it best to use the RCU system when working properly, so you're able to leave feedback, etc. But paypal accepts claims/disputes all the time that take place on various sites that don't use an automated invoice system.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:35 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I agree it best to use the RCU system when working properly, so you're able to leave feedback, etc. But paypal accepts claims/disputes all the time that take place on various sites that don't use an automated invoice system.
This is not our experience with Paypal. Numerous times we have received reports from buyers who did not pay through an RCU invoice and tried to file a dispute with Paypal only to be told none would be accepted because they handled the transaction outside of an invoice system. Perhaps the best thing is for buyers to contact Paypal to find what their current policies are.