Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

New Setup No Good

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Kevmtrey7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Setup No Good

This new RCU marketplace is total garbage! Nothing is organized what a mess!
Old 04-16-2018, 05:37 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...lly-sucks.html
Old 04-17-2018, 07:01 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The fix is migrating to RCG or anywhere else.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:44 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

one would think that, do335a, but, since rcg uses the same VB software as these guys here write and sell, this mess of an upgrade will be showing up over there soon
Old 04-17-2018, 10:28 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevmtrey7
This new RCU marketplace is total garbage! Nothing is organized what a mess!
We welcome any suggestions for changes to the design. If there's some feature that is not working properly, or a new feature you want, or an old feature reinstated, we can't promise anything, but we will certainly listen. We've already made huge changes since the new Marketplace was unveiled.

The more specific you can be, the better we can address your concerns.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:08 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
... we will certainly listen.
Listening is not action. It does not address or correct issues.

It's a panacea tossed out to make it appear that your clients are being served. The result is that if you don't, they'll find someone who does.

It would be interesting to see activity stats for the site as IBobi just keeps on listening.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:48 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by do335a
Listening is not action. It does not address or correct issues.

It's a panacea tossed out to make it appear that your clients are being served. The result is that if you don't, they'll find someone who does.

It would be interesting to see activity stats for the site as IBobi just keeps on listening.
Have you made a suggestion for fixing or enhancing the marketplace that you are waiting to be acted on? Because you're right -- listening, without action, is useless. That's why we try to do both. Just as complaining, without specifics, is not helping.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:34 PM
jjmretired
My Feedback: (15)

I joined RCU fifteen years ago and have checked out the Market Place almost every day since. It's beyond me why the powers in charge have made a total mess out of a good thing. I'm removing RCU from my favorites list. I'll check back in a year and see if someone with common sense has taken over and straightened things out.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:04 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by jjmretired
I joined RCU fifteen years ago and have checked out the Market Place almost every day since. It's beyond me why the powers in charge have made a total mess out of a good thing. I'm removing RCU from my favorites list. I'll check back in a year and see if someone with common sense has taken over and straightened things out.
If you have any specific pointers that have not yet been raised, please do. Otherwise, we are continuing to improve the marketplace, and hopefully to your liking. Thank you for your patience.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:25 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
If you have any specific pointers that have not yet been raised, please do. Otherwise, we are continuing to improve the marketplace, and hopefully to your liking. Thank you for your patience.
Continuing to improve the marketplace? LOL, you are turning a blind eye on the complaints aren't you? Or, you think you are writing or responding for your board members or shareholders to read?

The Marketplace was excellent the way it was, you totally messed it up and it is not our responsibility to list out what needed to be corrected, just revert back to what it used to be and you'll be fine. Your "improvements" are not working and you are refusing to recognize it, you are probably betting that it will just take time for us to get used to it, but that's not the case, simply take a look at the activities, or lack of it, the way it is will never work.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:31 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Continuing to improve the marketplace? LOL, you are turning a blind eye on the complaints aren't you? Or, you think you are writing or responding for your board members or shareholders to read?

The Marketplace was excellent the way it was, you totally messed it up and it is not our responsibility to list out what needed to be corrected, just revert back to what it used to be and you'll be fine. Your "improvements" are not working and you are refusing to recognize it, you are probably betting that it will just take time for us to get used to it, but that's not the case, simply take a look at the activities, or lack of it, the way it is will never work.
At anytime, constructive criticism is welcomed at anytime. We've received a lot of complaints and have worked and are continuing on working to address them. It's an ongoing process, we'd like to fix this issues as fast as you'd like them to be too, but thats just not the reality.