Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Market Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 12:12 PM
ir3
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Market Problems

It seems that the whole marketplace has gone sour. I cant post an ad. When I try to look at ads in the Boats section nothing appears. I tried posting an ad to boats accessories but got error messages each time. However, they seem to be there but I can't find them. In the old format I was able to go to MyMarket and manage my ads. It appears that MyMarket no longer exists. Hopefully these problems started happening after the new format and will be cleared up. What has happened.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:43 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

We recently updated the marketplace, so your browser might be retaining some information from the older version. Try clearing your cookies/cache in your browser and see if that clears things up. Let me know how it goes.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:20 PM
ir3

I cleared my current browser and tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer. The results are the same. It shows my ad entered twice since I did not get a confirmation of the first ad, but an error message instead so it's entered twice. It shows my ad in the Marketplace but not In Boats/Accessories. I cant seem to get it into the correct category and there is no way that I can see to manage my ads. I used to manage them in MyMarket on the old website format.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:13 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by ir3
I cleared my current browser and tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer. The results are the same. It shows my ad entered twice since I did not get a confirmation of the first ad, but an error message instead so it's entered twice. It shows my ad in the Marketplace but not In Boats/Accessories. I cant seem to get it into the correct category and there is no way that I can see to manage my ads. I used to manage them in MyMarket on the old website format.
When you say "old website" what do you mean? Do you mean the version immediately prior to the update that happened on September 5th? I'm trying to get a sense of what you're referring to.

Also, what device is this happening to you on? I'd like to try and recreate the issues you're running into, so any information you can provide me with will be very much appreciated.

Last edited by IBThomas; 09-06-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:32 PM
ir3

There are a lot of problems. I will start with the first one. I go to RCUniverse from the browser and not my saved link that I have used for years. On that page I click log in and it takes me to the login page. I log in. Then I click the top banner showing RCUniverse.com logo. Now on the right side of the menu bar there is a item that says my account. I click that and I get to the earlier version of the account page. The one I have always used up to now. None of the links on that page work anymore. It is as if I am getting to an account page that is no longer used. I can't explain it very well. When I logged into RCUniverse at the beginning all of the scenarios were different. I recognize almost nothing when I log in now. It appears the significant changes were made to the site recently. If I logon and to not eventually click the my account link but use the drop down menu under my user name at the top right corner, I get to an account page in which I can do very little. I find very little of the profile that I had back in January and I have no access at all to My Market setting or being able to manage my ads. It is like there is a mixture of old and new on the latest website. This explanation is the best I can do. Very few of the links I follow actually work.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:48 AM
ir3

The ad I placed in Boats - Accessories is now viewable. I need to delete one of them since they are duplicates. I do not want to use the Sold option since this would imply that the items are no longer available.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:46 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by ir3
The ad I placed in Boats - Accessories is now viewable. I need to delete one of them since they are duplicates. I do not want to use the Sold option since this would imply that the items are no longer available.
Can you link me to the ad? I can delete it for you.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:57 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by ir3
There are a lot of problems. I will start with the first one. I go to RCUniverse from the browser and not my saved link that I have used for years. On that page I click log in and it takes me to the login page. I log in. Then I click the top banner showing RCUniverse.com logo. Now on the right side of the menu bar there is a item that says my account. I click that and I get to the earlier version of the account page. The one I have always used up to now. None of the links on that page work anymore. It is as if I am getting to an account page that is no longer used. I can't explain it very well. When I logged into RCUniverse at the beginning all of the scenarios were different. I recognize almost nothing when I log in now. It appears the significant changes were made to the site recently. If I logon and to not eventually click the my account link but use the drop down menu under my user name at the top right corner, I get to an account page in which I can do very little. I find very little of the profile that I had back in January and I have no access at all to My Market setting or being able to manage my ads. It is like there is a mixture of old and new on the latest website. This explanation is the best I can do. Very few of the links I follow actually work.
There was a pretty big update around April, so that may be why the site is so unfamiliar to you now.

If you're looking for a way to organize all your listings and view them all in one page, you can do the following: In the marketplace, click on the plus (+) sign beside "Listing Type" as I have marked in red.

Within "Listing Type" you will see a box that can be checked for "My Listings", clicking this will show you all of your listings.

Last edited by IBThomas; 09-07-2018 at 11:00 AM.