Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

New Marketplace Layout

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 08:26 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daddytazfl
Hate this New Set Up makes it to hard to find and thing !!!
What's the difficulty you're having?
Old 08-03-2023, 10:09 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to mark sold

Thread tool does not include method to close a for sale thread when sold.
Old 08-03-2023, 10:40 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by skylane42
Thread tool does not include method to close a for sale thread when sold.
Great point! You should now have that option.
The following users liked this post:
TheEdge (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 02:52 PM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New form ofr sale.

What the heck was wrong with the old classified set up. Way faster to find something and far easier to use. Who ever changed to present needs needs a mental enema.
Old 08-04-2023, 04:55 AM
Snoopy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So my biggest issue with the format is that you need to open an add to see price and a picture of the item. The new format is much less user friendly than other sites.
Old 08-04-2023, 06:08 AM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you are trying to conform to rcgroups take a look and mimic it:

https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-fu...=For_Sale_def_
Old 08-04-2023, 10:38 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

lumping helicopter and drones into one classified section is a serious bonehead move.
Old 08-04-2023, 11:32 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

What happened to RC Tanks? I know we're a small niche in a niche market, but we buy and sell stuff, too. I currently have two ads up and the only way I can find them is to go to my profile to "find all posts by". I'll check out this rcgroups thing and see if they're any more tank friendly. And don't write off us tankers. First, RC Tanks don't fall out of the sky if something goes wrong, and my 1/6 Hetzer has a main gun that shoots .50 caliber paintballs. I doubt I could hit one of those RC Planes, but that might make for a fun afternoon. What do you think the guys at the typical rc aircraft show would think if I showed up with my tank and asked if there was anyone there brave enough to let me shoot at them? Bwahahaha
Old 08-04-2023, 11:53 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
What happened to RC Tanks?
What he said. I used to buy and sell stuff here all the time, and we used to have a really great RC tank classified section, but then they started "improving it" and it went straight down the tubes. Is there any way you can just reset RC tank classifieds to the way it was about 3 years ago? That was a cool and useful section.
Old 08-04-2023, 03:41 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sofar SO BAD. It is a work in progress I hope. Lumping everything together without sub forums really makes the "Proud to announce the new Marketplace announcement ring hollow.

Waiting for the rest of the improvements before making a final decision on the ?upgrade?
Old 08-04-2023, 07:38 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

From the other direction - I never used the old, and barely looked at it. Looks like a lot of items got migrated over without any of the asking prices. And then a note about "Please code your title because we don't have any real way to differentiate this from a forum post". For me? Now when clicking on "New Posts" to get an overview of all the other forum activities, I also get any new Marketplace listings. And if the title isn't "coded", rather than a topic of interest, I get a "Wanted" or "For Sale" that I wouldn't have click on....we'll see if the increase in things I don't care to look at just makes it not worth the time to sort through, and I stop coming to the site.
Old 08-05-2023, 10:35 AM
J Dixon

Default How to sell for new users

How do I place items for sale on RCU?
It seems that I need to use Marketplace, but not sure how to do this.

In Marketplace, do I create a thread, or post, or place an Ad?
I noticed Marketplace has a "new thread" button; do I click this to sell my airplane?

Thanks
John

Last edited by J Dixon; 08-05-2023 at 12:34 PM. Reason: adding a subject may give clarity
Old 08-05-2023, 02:01 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I just posted an ad and it was just like posting a new thread. Do the text, insert any photos, don't forget the title, and click on post new thread. I had to post in cars because we no longer have a tank section. Good luck with your sale.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (08-07-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 02:38 PM
p-40lover

oh boy this has to be a joke..you may as well shut the site down for market place absolute trash.. a grade one could do a better job.. the old one is 1000 times better then the junk you updated to.. RCGROUPS has you beat hands down now
Old 08-05-2023, 04:20 PM
J Dixon

Thanks so much for your feedback. The idea of using a thread to sell something is not what I expected, but have a conversation with resultant posts. I'll be sure to created a thread like you indicated. Hope they can sort out your tank section. I notice other members mentioning they missed having the tank section as well.

Thanks again
Old 08-06-2023, 01:18 PM
lotsofplanes
My Feedback: (19)

Not really in love with the new format. The old one wasnt great but this is just a no go. Are there going to be photos? Need thumbnail pics just like on the other sites. Doesnt seem like there are many ads now that its even worse than the old classifieds. Hard pass.
Old 08-06-2023, 02:37 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by IBJoel
What's the difficulty you're having?
No sub-forums or search options for one thing. Waiting for all the bugs to be worked out but it has been my experience that most "upgrades" dp not live up the the pre release hype.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:15 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by pkoury
Sofar SO BAD. It is a work in progress I hope. Lumping everything together without sub forums really makes the "Proud to announce the new Marketplace announcement ring hollow.

Waiting for the rest of the improvements before making a final decision on the ?upgrade?
There are subforums. We had to move posts because tech lumped them all together, but the mods took point on the moves (as they know the RC stuff far better than I). You can search using the "Search Forum" option in "Forum Tools"

Last edited by IBJoel; 08-07-2023 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:52 AM
mongo

so,
how long before we get the clickable direct links to these sub forums, like we had before?
Old 08-07-2023, 11:11 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by mongo
so,
how long before we get the clickable direct links to these sub forums, like we had before?
If you're on the homepage, they're right there. They're literally the first section. And you can access the sub-forums anytime by clicking "Buy & Sell" in the topmost menu.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:20 AM
Max-U52

Since I know the powers that be are paying attention to this thread, I'd like to give the RC tanker's point of view. We used to have our own classified section and we were not lumped in with the cars and crawlers. Before this latest Change to the Marketplace it was suggested at RC tanks that a sticky thread where we can buy and sell things among ourselves would probably do the job. The new marketplace is obviously no better than the old so i'd like to go back to our original question, Can we get a sticky thread for buying and selling things among ourselves at RC tanks? That way we don't bother any of the car guys or anybody else.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:56 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Since I know the powers that be are paying attention to this thread, I'd like to give the RC tanker's point of view. We used to have our own classified section and we were not lumped in with the cars and crawlers. Before this latest Change to the Marketplace it was suggested at RC tanks that a sticky thread where we can buy and sell things among ourselves would probably do the job. The new marketplace is obviously no better than the old so i'd like to go back to our original question, Can we get a sticky thread for buying and selling things among ourselves at RC tanks? That way we don't bother any of the car guys or anybody else.
A sticky thread in the Tanks subforum?
Old 08-08-2023, 12:36 PM
mongo

If you're on the homepage, they're right there. They're literally the first section. And you can access the sub-forums anytime by clicking "Buy & Sell" in the topmost menu.
great answer to a question that was not asked.

we "used" to have a link in each modeling section to filtered adds for just that sections interest area.

now, when will we get those back?
Old 08-08-2023, 01:42 PM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by mongo
great answer to a question that was not asked.

we "used" to have a link in each modeling section to filtered adds for just that sections interest area.

now, when will we get those back?
Honestly, then I'm not sure what you mean. What is a modeling section? Do you mean the categories/sub-forums? Like this one for cars/buggies/tanks?

Stop being so belligerent, start phrasing your concern more clearly, so I can actually help you with your problem. You complained about the previous marketplace a lot as well, when that was implemented over the "old old" marketplace.
Old 08-08-2023, 02:16 PM
Max-U52

A sticky thread in the Tanks subforum?
Yes. We already have about ten stickies, just make it a thread where your posts won't get taken down for advertising. Most of the rc tankers know each other anyway, even if it's just from here, let us work things out for ourselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.