Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

New Marketplace Layout

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 02:29 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Yes. We already have about ten stickies, just make it a thread where your posts won't get taken down for advertising. Most of the rc tankers know each other anyway, even if it's just from here, let us work things out for ourselves.
Done! RC Tank Trading/Buying
Old 08-08-2023, 06:32 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Honestly, then I'm not sure what you mean. What is a modeling section? Do you mean the categories/sub-forums? Like this one for cars/buggies/tanks?

Stop being so belligerent, start phrasing your concern more clearly, so I can actually help you with your problem. You complained about the previous marketplace a lot as well, when that was implemented over the "old old" marketplace.
2 weeks ago, on the rcu forums main page(forums list),the e/c jets forum section had a sublink heading to jet classifieds, as did the helis discussion forum section to heli classifieds, and same for most of the topic discussion forum arenas.

no menu to find, no search terms to enter or anything else to interpret, just 1 click and go...

and no

that link to the cars, buggies, tanks, is not what i am referencing to.

Last edited by mongo; 08-08-2023 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2023, 02:49 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I know were just a bunch of geeks and grumpy old men playing with RC toys and don't garner a whole lot of respect from the current younger generations,, But calling these changes "Revamped" and something to be "proud of" is a down right joke.

No price,
no location,
no buy/sell/trade categories
No will or won't ship options

So now we have to open each and ever ad thread and hope the thread starter has entered some of this info before we see that the item is something we can even buy if we wanted to.

Sorry kids,,, Calling this a "revamped Marketplace" is insulting,,, LOL
Old 08-09-2023, 08:01 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by mongo
2 weeks ago, on the rcu forums main page(forums list),the e/c jets forum section had a sublink heading to jet classifieds, as did the helis discussion forum section to heli classifieds, and same for most of the topic discussion forum arenas.

no menu to find, no search terms to enter or anything else to interpret, just 1 click and go...

and no

that link to the cars, buggies, tanks, is not what i am referencing to.
Alright, so that is what I mean. Each category (such as the one I linked to above) had a link to the marketplace for that product type. The Cars category had a link to the list of cars classfieds, planes had a link to the planes classfieds list, et cetera.

Right now, links to each of those classfieds sub-sections ARE on the main page. See photo:

You ALSO each forum category group to have the corresponding link?
Old 08-09-2023, 08:07 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I know were just a bunch of geeks and grumpy old men playing with RC toys and don't garner a whole lot of respect from the current younger generations,, But calling these changes "Revamped" and something to be "proud of" is a down right joke.

No price,
no location,
no buy/sell/trade categories
No will or won't ship options

So now we have to open each and ever ad thread and hope the thread starter has entered some of this info before we see that the item is something we can even buy if we wanted to.

Sorry kids,,, Calling this a "revamped Marketplace" is insulting,,, LOL
Sellers can include all that information in their titles. I would encourage you to lightly pressure them to do so.
Old 08-09-2023, 11:30 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Most Classifieds have those as required fields to be able to post an ad,

Turning it all into a simple discussion forum and calling it Revamped is a joke,, Frankly your company's management of this site never fails to disappoint
Old 08-09-2023, 11:45 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Most Classifieds have those as required fields to be able to post an ad,

Turning it all into a simple discussion forum and calling it Revamped is a joke,, Frankly your company's management of this site never fails to disappoint
OK
Old 08-09-2023, 01:41 PM
mongo

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Alright, so that is what I mean. Each category (such as the one I linked to above) had a link to the marketplace for that product type. The Cars category had a link to the list of cars classfieds, planes had a link to the planes classfieds list, et cetera.

Right now, links to each of those classfieds sub-sections ARE on the main page. See photo:

You ALSO each forum category group to have the corresponding link?
that would be a good place to start.
sub categories for jets, electric sport, scale, scale helis, off road, construction equipment, tanks, and stuff like that, that we had before this latest change consolidated the hell out of everything.
sub catagories in the main discussion forum section, with the embeded links to the classifieds for that sub forum

all of this "one size fits all" attitude, is really off-putting.

Last edited by mongo; 08-09-2023 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2023, 02:02 PM
mongo

here is a wayback screenshot from apr of this year to kinda show what it was like before aug1.

pay attention to the rc jets forum listings.