Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

New site needs help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 05:12 PM
su26

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New site needs help

Is it just me or does the new classified section really suck... It wasn't broke, it was easy to use. Why did you screw it up, trying to make it better...
The following 2 users liked this post by su26:
JetMech64 (08-04-2023), toocan (08-03-2023)
Old 08-02-2023, 06:24 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Sadly, I think its one of those cases where a small group of individuals thinking they know best and then decides it is best, for all users what they came up with. Instead of steadily presenting to users for feedback, the proposed changes, before making those changes permanent for all.

Last edited by TheEdge; 08-03-2023 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-02-2023, 07:45 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

well, the small group is the owners of IB(internet brands) and they write, implement, and "support" the software that almost all the internet forums run on. they only bought and maintain rcu as a place to try out new stuff before it is foisted upon the folks that buy their software.
we are the lab rats...
Old 08-03-2023, 08:24 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by su26
Is it just me or does the new classified section really suck... It wasn't broke, it was easy to use. Why did you screw it up, trying to make it better...
Originally Posted by TheEdge
Sadly, I think its one of those cases where a small group of individuals thinking they know best and then decides it is best, for all users what they came up with. Instead of steadily presenting to users for feedback, the proposed changes, before making those changes permanent for all.
It was about to be.

Unfortunately the marketplace as it was would become inoperable at the end of this month because of required technology updates. I fought for a long time (much longer than I knew it would be shut down) to salvage it and tech just did not have the resources. We've had a forum-based marketplace on TheHullTruth.com for YEARS with no issues. So I assure you, the new layout is very workable. We gave everyone a preview about three weeks ago.

Originally Posted by mongo
well, the small group is the owners of IB(internet brands) and they write, implement, and "support" the software that almost all the internet forums run on. they only bought and maintain rcu as a place to try out new stuff before it is foisted upon the folks that buy their software.
we are the lab rats...
Wow, that's completely wrong
For reference, our Auto sites (not in my department) get first rollout of everything. They're the testing ground and we actually get more stable releases of basically everything. People who license vBulletin are lucky if they get anything beyond basic security updates and bug fixes. They mostly custom-code their plug-ins and products.
Old 08-03-2023, 04:22 PM
su26

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That said, why is Flying Giant Forum so much easier to use, then this new one on RC Universe???
I go to planes for sale and there they are pictures and all. Its so easy.
The following 2 users liked this post by su26:
flyrcjets (08-07-2023), toocan (08-03-2023)