Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Scammer Alert email name is John Steve

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Scammer Alert email name is John Steve

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 07:40 AM
chefmarkt69
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scammer Alert email name is John Steve

This person scans for sale ads on this forum and takes people’s e mail address’s and emails them false pictures of items that they say they are selling. This person got me for $350, they made it look so real. They weee able to take pictures off of YouTube as screen shots and email to me. So I would think they actually were selling an item on this Fourum. The only way I found out was I was able to contact the actual person that was selling the original item. That Fourum member told me that they decided not to sell this item. They are using a Venmo account in someone else’s name. Also they will you to pay in Apple gift cards. I have filed a report with my bank and local police.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:11 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Rather than coming here, report the post so we can take action
The following users liked this post:
chefmarkt69 (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 09:53 AM
chefmarkt69

Default This person did have a post

So what this person did was take people’s emails from for sale posts and replied to there emails.when let’s say most of us post our emails so the person interested in buying the item can get a hold of us. So say I post an ad to sell an item and someone in the the forum replies to me and puts there email. This scammer takes that email and replies to them with pictures posing as the seller. So how would I report that. Because the original seller did not intend for this to happen. It is really sad because for us honest people doing the right thing here it ruins it for us. Please advise thank you
Old 02-18-2024, 05:28 PM
chefmarkt69

Default Search YouTube for this video ix12 mode change