Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Karma....arrrrgh!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 08:25 PM
MJFinegan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karma....arrrrgh!

[:@] I made an offer for a classified ad item last week. The original offer got lost in cyberspace. I reposted my offer using the ask seller a question feature. Seller accepted offer but because the original offer was never processed, I have no means of leaving karma and I suppose conversely, he can't leave me karma. Help...and yes, I've been to maketplace/mymarket/buy or bid/action there is nothing there to indicate any activity.

I'd really like to give the guy a pat on the back for a spectacularly smooth transaction. In fact, they just don't get much easier. Kingwrench, if you're out there,
I'm tipping my cap in your direction and showering you with loads of good karma.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:29 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Karma....arrrrgh!

Same here, made a deal by e-mail, and the seller has marked the item sold, so I cant use the "make offer" so I can leave karma , or receive it. i think the system needs a "tweek"!
Old 10-09-2003, 02:02 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Karma....arrrrgh!

Hi Guys,

You've hit the heart of the Karma system integrity right here. The BEST way we have of assuring that members who rate one another actually participated in a transaction is to allow only those members who have either made a bid or offer to rate a seller (on the other side, the seller can rate only those who have made a bid or offer that they declare the winner).

Doing this helps us cut down on negative ratings posted about one member or the other by a disgruntled member for no reason or a reason unrelated to the market. You and others take very seriously their accumulated ratings in the market. The only way to ensure the integrity of those ratings is to have a system which prevents abuse OR fluffing by friends.

In your case MJFinegan, using the "Ask Question" form instead of the "Make Offer" form did you in. You can still correct it by working with the seller. He can "renew" the ad (we'll credit him with any fees, but there shouldn't be any). Then, make a formal offer. Once you do, he marks it sold to you and BOTH can rate one another. This solution can work for you too Fickle.

Each time we "tweak" the system to allow backdoors into the rating area, we compromise its overall value. In time, folks will get used to using the offer forms etc. and it will work just fine. BTW, a side benefit of the offer form is that it allows the seller to track multiple offers on his item and keep a record of it in case the winner drops out. There is method to the madness here that is not always obvious. The more you use the system, the more you will see how interconnected our tools are and how much it benefits all users.

Michael