Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

The "My Forums" buttons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The "My Forums" buttons?

Why is it that clicking on "My Forums", either the button or the link, needs to be done twice to actually get to My Forums?
Can you guys fix this?
Also: How can I UNSUBSCRIBE from the email notification of new postings to a thread? I cannot find that option any place and blocking it thru email filters seems extreme.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:52 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The "My Forums" buttons?

Myforum issue...are you clicking on the round disc on the forum page or the main site homepage? Or are you clicking the forum link in the top nav on the homepage? If clicking on the homepage the main nav you see all forums. You need to click the round myforum disc on the homepage to see it in one shot.

Our email behaviour will change this week so you get one email for every thread rather than for each reply (this was a bug). To unsubscribe now or later to any threads go to your "inbox" (see button at top) and click subscriptions or just click subscription link which appears on the homepage in the welcome panel
Old 10-20-2003, 08:50 AM
rusgmil

Same problem here. I have to click twice on the round myforum disc to get to my forums. Now I have "my forums" in a link on the tool bar, one click and I'm there. The new format is still 2 to 3 times slower than the old format.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:05 AM
mvigod
Banned

I'm checking into this now.

rusgmil - when you say the new site is slower. just the forums or the rest of the site as well? this is important to know if one or the other is the slow one (or if both) so we can see if it is a software issue or hardware misconfiguration.

My pages are loading in under 1/4 sec here on cable modem so I cannot troubleshoot speed issues. On old RCU they took 3 seconds to 10 seconds to load where we left off for me. So for me they are faster. I need to track down why some see slower speeds. Need your browser, OS version and CPU speed plus connection type to help.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:04 PM
rusgmil

Marc, thanks for the reply. I have a 1 1/2 year old Gateway 700X system with a 2.0 CPU, IE, XP,and a dial up always connected at 53.2Kbps. (Same system was used with the old format, nothing changed here).
As I stated, overall the speed is about 2 to 3 times slower now. Never timed any speeds, but now when I click on a thread in a forum, it will take about twice as long to open. Then when I return to the forum it will take about 3 times longer.
Ditto on opening any thing on the home page. Its just slower.
Used to have some of the classified ads forums in "my forums" in the old format and they were quick and easy to read. (And I bought and sold items). Now its to slow and to much of a hassle.
Hopes this helps. You still have a great site but I think the old RCU was faster and easier to use.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:16 PM
mvigod
Banned

rusgmil - are the new classifieds in the marketplace faster than the forum for you? click through a few ads and let me know if those seem to load faster. I think this is a forum issue only which means it could be a specific piece of code or page bloat which we can fix once it is tracked down.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Fubar-One

Clicking on the round disc from the main page takes two clicks.
Clicking on the "Go to My Forums" link on the right side of the main page takes that click and a round disc click. Either way, its two clicks.
Thanks for the subscription info!
ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Myforum issue...are you clicking on the round disc on the forum page or the main site homepage? Or are you clicking the forum link in the top nav on the homepage? If clicking on the homepage the main nav you see all forums. You need to click the round myforum disc on the homepage to see it in one shot.

Our email behaviour will change this week so you get one email for every thread rather than for each reply (this was a bug). To unsubscribe now or later to any threads go to your "inbox" (see button at top) and click subscriptions or just click subscription link which appears on the homepage in the welcome panel
Old 10-22-2003, 08:58 AM
rusgmil

Marc, the classified ads in the new market place open surprisingly fast, especially when compared to the forums. What I meant in my previous post was that in the old format, the classified ads were in forum form and could be set up in "my forums". That made it (to me) faster and easier to read.