Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Free marketplace ads

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 12:11 PM
IronZ
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free marketplace ads

I thought we got 4 free ads? I just posted G2 for sale and had a listing fee of $.50. I'm not really worried about the $.50 but thought you should know. Just for the record, I'm going somewhere else to sell. That fee is WAY to high for me! Just kidding...

Thanks,
Old 10-24-2003, 02:09 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Free marketplace ads

IronZ,

Yes..you get 4 free ads for the trailing 12 months. I'm going to check your account now.

marc
Old 10-24-2003, 02:17 PM
mvigod
Banned

I credited your account. This happened because you were upgraded to a pay as you go member. You should "technically" use up your 4 free ads before you upgrade unless you are going to do features and enhancements. I also credited you so you could get the remainder of your free ads.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i just found the same thing....
after reading all the ads saying every member get 4 free adverts i thought, umm great place to sell my ff6 as the E-bay thing looks complicated and i lose any extra £ i make from the unknowing morrons there in the fees, than i would from people that know the worth here and it goes for a bit less.
but then i see this...

New members get 4 complimentary ads completely free of charge. For more information, close this window and click the "Upgrade" link in the upper right corner of any page (you must be registered to see this link).

Insertion fees may apply to both classified ads and auctions (if you are an R/C Power or R/C Platinum upgraded Member of RCUniverse, in which case you do not have to pay insertion fees.).
so which is it? do we all get 4 free ads, do i sign up as a new member and get my 4 free ads or do i need to upgrade?

anyone want a FF6?

all i want to do is put up an advert ( maybe auction i dunno ) with a few pics showing it's ok and then some nice guy buy it off me.
all the $ signs also worry me, i dont want $, so would my ad show £? and whats the insertion fee in real money£?
whats it like in there for a brit trying to sell to brits? my guess would be slowwwwww coz no one here is there.

FF6 for sale 75 quid, great condition + case + batt + original box
Old 10-25-2003, 01:45 AM
IronZ
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks Marc. Really though, I wasn't worried about it.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:03 AM
mvigod
Banned

phillybaby - before you upgrade you might want to take advantage of the 4 free ads. If you do the pay as you go option the system is setup to charge you for all insertions. This is best to use after your 4 ads have been placed.

the other upgrade options allow for unlimited ads to be posted for $20 USD for an entire year without insertion fees. In these higher level upgrades the 4 free ads is no longer relevant since after upgrade all ads are free.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:15 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

sorry Marc, didnt make myself clear. i'm not upgrading, but thought i'd try the 4 free adds, however once there i saw.

"Insertion fees may apply to both classified ads and auctions (if you are an R/C Power or R/C Platinum upgraded Member of RCUniverse, in which case you do not have to pay insertion fees.). "

so that says no free adds for us grunts.

i've not used E-bay or RCU before and all i wanna do is sell a couple of things, but all i see is hoops to jump through and confusion as i dont know either system.

also the free ads are for clasified and not auctions?
Old 10-26-2003, 02:21 PM
mvigod
Banned

auctions are fee insertion, free reserve, free closing. (private sellers only..not commercial sellers).

as a basic member you get 4 free ads for the trailing 12 months. A logic issue now is that if you upgrade to the RC trading (1st level) upgrade the logic will have you pay for your ads and not grant the 1st 4 free. This will have to be coded with a fix.

These are not hoops but details we are working on since the transition. All registered members get 4 free ads per year based on the trailing 12 month period. You could post 4 ads today for free and then wait a year to get your next 4. Or another example is you could post 1 ad today then 3 ads on day 364 and then on day 366 you would be able to post 1 ad again for free. The examples might make this sound more confusing then it is. Basically if you have 4 ads used up as you look back 12 months then you are at your limit. Once the year looking back has less than 4 you can post again until you hit the limit.