Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Poker

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Poker

Thanks for the game. I thought it was a stupid addition to RCU when it first came out, but have become addicted. The game has always functioned flawlessly for me. It has also been a daily ritual, but I like most, do feel that I don't have a snoballs chance in haities of winning when dudes are many thousands ahead.
My goal has been to finish in the top 500. There are days where I may advance 20 pts. and others (infrequently) 230 or so. I have never had a Royal Flush and only 2 or 3 4-of-a-kind in the 2 months it's been on here.
I was bumbed to see that I will not have Poker for an entire month
paul
Old 11-01-2004, 11:20 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 30 days will go fast..not to worry.

when it comes back the extra plays are gone. everyone competes head to head no advantages. also we are taking this time to get together some exciting prizes! stay tuned
Old 11-25-2004, 11:13 AM
john neilson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike...I did not realize I had started this thread. Wow, some of these people are serious and I'm sure that the majority are like me, it's a game of chance, without a chance to loose your money. Sure have missed my 9:00 PM shot of adreneline. Glad to see you have stopped the bonus draws! For the record, I was able to stay in the top 100, without any bonus plays,

for the most part and had fun competing with a number of our club members. We all fluctuated daily. Once I had a Straight Flush after a 4 card draw!! Conversley, I went backwards by 10 points one night but came right back. Can't wait until Dec. 1

Appreciate your effort here on RCU and enjoy it, as do many of our members!

JOHN
Old 12-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Marc or whomever,

I anxiously awited Poker until today Dec 1st. I am concerned about the person in first place. with only 35 plays they have almost 1300. They have a power index of 37. Even with a royal flush this would be almost imposible. This person's user name is DSLDOC and they just joined today. Sounds suspisious to me I highly suspect a hacker/cheater. Can you look into this.

DSLDOC if you got 1297 on your own without cheating then I apoligize for my accuzations, and give my congradulations to the luckist man alive!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:31 AM
JRandHAM
My Feedback: (11)

Why are most of the prizes airplane realted?????????????????? I have no desire to fly a plane. I am into Nitro trucks, but you offer NO prizes of that nature. Unless I want clothing or playing cards.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:35 AM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

I'm wondering what happened to the promise at the end of the last contest that there would be no additional bonus plays and everyone would have the same number each day to level the playing field? It seems like it's the same old rules all over again and 'the one with the most ads wins'...
Old 12-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Grndzer
My Feedback: (5)

JrandHam, Whats up? I have been trying to email you on the deal with the BX.... Email me.. please
Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 PM
jfangohr

dntmn,

DSLDOC is a coworker of mine and didn't cheat. He just got real lucky on the first day scoring great hands with almost every play (no straight or royal flushes either). He came into work that first morning all excited about the hands he'd gotten, and was a bit disappointed by today's outcome.[] By the way, he's actually been a member for over a month.........and I mentioned to him that someone would suspect this after a score like that.

John F.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Dangerous Dan

Then I will quote myself!

I give my congradulations to the luckist man alive
Old 12-04-2004, 07:42 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: krossk

I'm wondering what happened to the promise at the end of the last contest that there would be no additional bonus plays and everyone would have the same number each day to level the playing field? It seems like it's the same old rules all over again and 'the one with the most ads wins'...
Incorrect. There was some old code that gave a few bonus plays to those who upgraded and it was cleaned up and the extra plays removed. Unfortunately the code is very complex and some of the nuggets only come up after things go "live".
Old 12-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Ross Kean

If you look at almost all of the high power indicies and many of the high scores, there is an interesting pattern. Many of these are new members (within the last week or so) without any forum posts or other RCU activity. The scores they have made are way outside the box in terms of any reasonable statistical analysis of the situation. Even if there is someone who is very lucky, there can't be this many.

I play for fun and have no real expectation of winning anything but it would be nice if RCU could find (and plug) the loophole that is very obviously being hacked by some ignorant individuals.

Ross
Old 12-06-2004, 07:18 PM
DSLDOC

HI Guys This is DSL DOC say it like a license plate nothing to do with internet i have no idea how to cheat and have a competition going with a coworker for bragging rights if there was anyway cheated i was informed that the site admin could tell i wanted and HAVE a fair game going i hit a few high hands early and if you are so intelligent you would know that there are statistical numbers that support my way of playing and that someone has to win in vegas or there would be no vegas so please email the site admin to check into my supposed "cheating" aligations i take this professionally offensive when from in nov my friend and i planned playing this month against those who didnt get bonus was excited, so please leave your tampon outside while you come in and play with the big bouys

DSL DOC
Old 12-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Dangerous Dan

Congradulations on a game well played. Best of luck for the rest of the month.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:26 AM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

Likewise - I never intended to imply any impropriety of cheating on behalf of the participants. I was merely questioning the administrative rules and configuration for this contest. Thanks to RCU for clarifying the issue.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
DaveJohansen
My Feedback: (8)

Anybody else have a problem with their plays? The system says that I have no plays today but I teh last time I signed in was yesterday.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

If it was late yesterday, you may have already used your allotted 35 plays for the day. The plays reset at midnight Eastern Time (I believe)...that's 8PM here on Alaska time.

Don
Old 12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
DaveJohansen

It was about 5:00 pm eastern so it should have reset last night
Old 12-08-2004, 10:15 AM
TnT3

I have played my alotted 35 plays every day since it started, i noticed this the other day and thought nothing of it , but i had some good hands today and after my last hand i had 1888 points , when i went to check the leader board it says i have only 1618 , that happend before also. Its tough trying to catch these "really lucky players" as it is little lone not getting credit for the plays, i know i'm not going to win , but i was trying to at least get top 10.[][][]
Old 12-08-2004, 10:25 AM
mvigod
Banned

everyone gets 35 plays per day. no bonus plays
Old 12-08-2004, 03:20 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

ORIGINAL: TnT3

I have played my alotted 35 plays every day since it started, i noticed this the other day and thought nothing of it , but i had some good hands today and after my last hand i had 1888 points , when i went to check the leader board it says i have only 1618 , that happend before also. Its tough trying to catch these "really lucky players" as it is little lone not getting credit for the plays, i know i'm not going to win , but i was trying to at least get top 10.[][][]

Your points are there. It takes the system 5 minutes to recycle the data on the leader boards.

As for winning, you can always win the Power Index contest, even if you don't have a huge point total. You did know that, right?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:16 AM
TnT3

I may be wrong , but don't they kind of go hand in hand., power index = high points hands, high points hands = high point total , for the most part the leaders are gonna have the highest point index.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:02 AM
DaveJohansen

If it takes more hands to get the high bucks your power index will be lower
Old 12-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Mr_Scary
My Feedback: (6)

I have posted with "complaints" about the poker contest in the past. So, I think it is only fair that I add something now. I just received an email saying that starting tomorrow, missed plays will be "banked" and we will be able to make up unused plays later. This will be retroactive from Dec 1. I missed the first few days of play cause I forgot. This move seems incredibly fair and is much appreciated. Except for any hackers breaking into the system, the changes made truly do seem to make the game very fair and competitive. Oh, and FUN!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:41 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Thanks for your feedback. There are NO HACKERS in the system! We have redundant systems in place to ensure this. Enjoy!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Mr_Scary
My Feedback: (6)

AND closed all the loopholes! I didn't mean to imply otherwise, just that there had been some instances in the past of cheating. You guys always shut them down though. Now if my luck would just improve...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.