Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Unresolved Complaints Against Member

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Unresolved Complaints Against Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 02:20 PM
jazz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unresolved Complaints Against Member

I would like to know why people can't read the Unresolved Complaints Against this Member
under members profile. And how do you leave feedback that people can see?? I was robbed of $320.00 for a helicopter that never came and seller wont respond to e mail.
Thanks for the time nate
Old 01-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Unresolved Complaints Against Member

jazz,,
WHICH member...

You need to provide for member name of ID number..
If you click on members name in a post or a marketplace
post if will go to members info.. Look in your 'location bar'
at top of screen and at end of line will be number...

When I do it on you I get:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...sp?memid=25518

25518 is your member number..

Robby

---------
Old 01-18-2005, 07:12 PM
jazz
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks the member is dimeadozen
Old 01-19-2005, 01:21 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nate,
Unresolved complaints are noted in a users profiles to alert others that a problem has been reported, but not resolved. It's not fair for us to disclose the nature of the problem as either side of the transaction could be at fault. If you made an offer on the item through the "Make Offer" tool, you can leave feedback by clicking on the Rate icon in the offer listing on the Buy or Bid tab of the My Market pages. If you did not make an offer through the Make Offer tool, you cannot leave feedback as there is no record of you having engaged in a transaction with the seller. Only members who engaged in a transaction through the RCUniverse tools can leave feedback for each other.

Thank you,
John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
panamared

I have the same complaint against dimeadozen, *************** ************of **************** **. He took my money for a product and failed to send the product. He posted a bogus phone number and address on his invoice. No way to contact him?

Does the RC Universe do anything about this guy? Is the buyer totally on his own? Why does this keep happening when RC Universe knows this guy is a fraud and thief? He is probabaly logged on as a different person right now selling on the RC Universe Market. How many people need to loose money before RC Universe puts some sort of controls on the system?

This does seem to be the ideal scam to make money the easy way!

Last edited by JWN; 04-08-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

It's not fair for us to disclose the nature of the problem as either side of the transaction could be at fault.
Isn't that information that we should have before we decide weather or not to do business with somebody?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:10 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone is shown to be suspected of fraud we suspend their trading account here while the situation hopefully gets resolved. we have tools to track complaints and ratings so the active ones come up on our radar for attention but don't ever hesitate to escalate fraud issues to us here.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:21 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

ORIGINAL: Crash90
Isn't that information that we should have before we decide weather or not to do business with somebody?
This is exactly why there is a notice next to a members ratings which state there is an unresolved complaint against a member. It is not right for us to disclose the nature of the complaint for everyone to make a judgment on. This is partly what the moderator staff does. You as a perspective buyer should always look out for yourself. If you see something that does not look right, either move on or look into it to the best of your abilities before sending money to an individual. Better yet, use an escrow service so you can be sure you will not send your money into the abyss never to be seen again.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 02-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

I see your point JWN. Although I disagree with it, I respect your opinion.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:01 PM
panamared

>If anyone is shown to be suspected of fraud we suspend their trading account here while the >situation hopefully gets resolved. we have tools to track complaints and ratings so the active >ones come up on our radar for attention

Nice sounding words, so why don't you suspend dimeadozen's trading account?

According to your published rules you state you will do nothing to resolve a complaint. So why did you say that you have tools to track complaints and that you can suspend trading, if that in fact violates you stated policies?

I agree with a previous post, the buyer needs to protect himself, but in this case before I bought, RC Universe gave Dimeadozen a clean report (I suspect that the clean report was fabricated or whitewashed). It is clear to me that it is in the best interest for RC Universe to protect and keep dishonest sellers on the market place. This way RC Universe makes money off the seller and the buyer for escrow services.

Of course the best way for a buyer to protect himself is not to buy anything through the RC Universe web site! This was my first and final purchase throught the RC Universe.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:22 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

ORIGINAL: panamared
This account has been suspended on the Marketplace side since Jan 5 '05.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 02-10-2005, 04:57 PM
panamared

ORIGINAL: JWN

ORIGINAL: panamared
This account has been suspended on the Marketplace side since Jan 5 '05.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Not so fast Rodriquez!!!

Items number 68033 was auctioned on your site and the auction that I won ended on 6 Jan 05 and the automated invoice through RC Universe was dated 7 Jan 05. RC Universe noftified me on 6 Jan that I won the auction!

So how could you suspend his account and still allow him to finish the auction and send me an invoice? If you did suspend his account on 5 Jan, then doesn't this make RC Universe an accessory to the crime?

After all, Michael Hollway (Dimeadozen) did not notify me that I won the auction, RC Universe did!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:48 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

The ads are still active, but the seller cannot administer them. He has been locked out of the Marketplace because his account was suspended.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 03-16-2005, 04:18 AM
On-Your-6
My Feedback: (196)

If an account has been suspended, then RCU should put a banner on any ads pertaining to that account so everyone can see. Surely that would make sense. Unfortunately we need police in everything as there are too many dishonest people who are too lazy or ignorant to work honestly for a living!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:56 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

ORIGINAL: mat b
If an account has been suspended, then RCU should put a banner on any ads pertaining to that account so everyone can see. Surely that would make sense. Unfortunately we need police in everything as there are too many dishonest people who are too lazy or ignorant to work honestly for a living!
We do just that. Any ad which is running states "This member has been temporarily suspended".

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
rebranger

How do I with draw a complaint against ******************
He says he is shipping item today?
Ed Hood

Last edited by JWN; 04-08-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Mr.FlyBye
My Feedback: (2)

Yes i made a private offer on this item form ********************* nd the seller agreed to the offer but by text messaging he text me photos of the plane and a video of the plane running he set up the time and place for the transaction then he Text me the night before and say's i sold the plane . And i do still have his personal text agreeing to the terms of the sale still on my phone . I just wanted this Complaint to show up in his member ratings so that fellow modlers will know he is not the most honest person to deal with . A man is only as good as his word ( If you make a deal you stick to it )

Last edited by JWN; 04-08-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Mr.FlyBye

Was wondering why it shows no poor rating in ******************* Member ratings area i rate him as a poor rating for not following thru with the deal he agreed to and set up the transaction himself . He never even gave me the chance to see if i would pay the same price JUST SOLD IT OUT FROM UNDER ME . I do not recomend anyone deal with Brent ( *************** ) not honest .

Originally Posted by Mr.FlyBye
Yes i made a private offer on this item form **********************and the seller agreed to the offer but by text messaging he text me photos of the plane and a video of the plane running he set up the time and place for the transaction then he Text me the night before and say's i sold the plane . And i do still have his personal text agreeing to the terms of the sale still on my phone . I just wanted this Complaint to show up in his member ratings so that fellow modlers will know he is not the most honest person to deal with . A man is only as good as his word ( If you make a deal you stick to it )

Last edited by JWN; 04-08-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Please remember it is not appropriate to post the names or other information about specific people in the forums regarding problems in the marketplace. There are tools in the marketplace for posting ratings and/or complaints. Please use these tools appropriately.

To post a rating on a sellers account, you must go either to the ad you purchased through, or to the My Offers page and click the star "Rate" to the right of the ad listing. Posting comments in this forum are not ratings and are not recorded on the sellers account. Also, your offer must actually be accepted by the seller before you can post a rating. The seller is not required to accept your offer, nor are they required to negotiate with you simply because you made an offer on their item. The seller can choose whomever they wish to sell to, even if that means they sold the item through an ad listed on another site or to a local buyer.

Last edited by JWN; 04-08-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Mr.FlyBye

I Read ( Thread : Unresolved Complaints against a Member ) and thought this was the section to place the complaint . I would not have said anything had he not accepted my offer but he did so by text messaging me and as i said he made the arangments for meeting location and time that was my complaint him backing out of a deal that he already agreed to on his own free will . Any way thanks for the information . I'm done
Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Mr.FlyBye,
This area of the forum is to discus questions or problems with the marketplace, not to post complaints about other members. If you have a question about how to use the marketplace, or are having a problem using the marketplace, this is the place to get help. Previous posts in this thread which called out specific members have been edited to remove the names or other identifying details and I have explained why this action was taken.

Reviewing the specific ad in question, I note you did not make an offer using the Make Offer tool, but instead made your offer through the Ask Seller a Question tool. Because of this, the seller cannot accept your offer through the site, making it official, and there is no way for you to post a rating to the sellers account, nor can a seller post a rating to your account. We explain this in every ad through the link "WHY IT'S CRITICAL FOR BUYERS TO USE THE "MAKE OFFER" FORM VS. EMAIL" Please be sure to use the Make Offer tool in the future so both you and the seller can track and conclude the transaction through the site.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Mr.FlyBye

OK Thank you .
Old 08-08-2016, 10:23 AM
cz-7a

John,
I'm trying to retract a complaint about member who has contacted me after I complained about him and made promises of payment via Money Order to be sent out today about advertisement 1080137 . Let me know what I need to do about retracting this complaint or how I go about doing this once I receive the funds. Thanks
Old 08-08-2016, 12:23 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Leo,
To close the complaint, go to the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace. There you will see your open complaint along with the tools for managing, including closing, the complaint.

Thank you

Originally Posted by cz-7a
John,
I'm trying to retract a complaint about member who has contacted me after I complained about him and made promises of payment via Money Order to be sent out today about advertisement 1080137 . Let me know what I need to do about retracting this complaint or how I go about doing this once I receive the funds. Thanks