Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

more information

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default more information

I also just got your more info when I accessed the buy/sell section of the web.
Ive had my data there for years with the exception of my phone number which you apparently demand or I can't access the site. My number is unlisted and that meand it is UNLISTED! I never post it anywhere. What you are asking is as fas as I'm concerned a breach of privecy and illegal. If I'm restricted from that site because ot this then perhaps I really don't need to access you site at all.
Dennis
Old 12-08-2005, 05:01 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: more information

I also just put in my phone number which is unlisted. I am not happy about it either, yet I put it in and hope it is not shared with any third party.

I was looking forward to a phone call from RCU haha
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

ORIGINAL: dennis

I also just got your more info when I accessed the buy/sell section of the web.
Ive had my data there for years with the exception of my phone number which you apparently demand or I can't access the site. My number is unlisted and that meand it is UNLISTED! I never post it anywhere. What you are asking is as fas as I'm concerned a breach of privecy and illegal. If I'm restricted from that site because ot this then perhaps I really don't need to access you site at all.
Dennis

Dennis,

Relax. Your privacy is more in jeopardy going through a toll both or passing through security at the airport. Nobody gets your phone number UNLESS you agree to buy or sell something to another member on the site through the offer/acceptance tools. If you are unwilling to share your number with someone you are buying from or selling to, then you might have to forego the market privileges here. Our policy is designed to prevent people (unlike you) from committing fraud etc. To a buyer or a seller, someone who is unwilling to share their phone number is quite suspect.

As for illegality and breach of privacy, that is a non-starter. Our policy is something you agree to as a member. We haven't disclosed your information to anyone nor will we outside the terms of our privacy agreement (link at the bottom of every page). In the end, you are correct; you get to decide whether your phone number will keep you from buying and selling in the market. It is certainly up to you. We, of course, hope that you will see the benefits of the market and realize that a phone number in your record is harmless.

Michael
Old 12-09-2005, 08:50 AM
gouda
My Feedback: (69)

There is no benefit to having private information available without my permission. Your toll booth comparsion is way off base. The availability of a phone number never stopped a buyer and I never stopped a purshase because it wasn't available. In fact, I often looked at it as someone taking a risk. If it was needed, I furnished it.

I am very disappointed in you decision. Apparently you have not hear of identity theft.
I hope more members that those few here agree, but I really don't care. I have made my decision. I am sure the loss of one user, doesn't really matter, but .......
I don't imagine you'll refund monies paid for membership upgrades will you?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:54 AM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

ORIGINAL: gouda

There is no benefit to having private information available without my permission. Your toll booth comparsion is way off base. The availability of a phone number never stopped a buyer and I never stopped a purshase because it wasn't available. In fact, I often looked at it as someone taking a risk. If it was needed, I furnished it.

I am very disappointed in you decision. Apparently you have not hear of identity theft.
I hope more members that those few here agree, but I really don't care. I have made my decision. I am sure the loss of one user, doesn't really matter, but .......
I don't imagine you'll refund monies paid for membership upgrades will you?
We will refund your membership pro rata if that is what you want (see below). What is fascinating is that when you upgraded put a CREDIT CARD on file! I'm at somewhat of a loss to understand how you are more concerned about your phone number being in our database??

I dare say that it's IMPOSSIBLE for someone to steal your identity using a phone number.

There is an expression that fits here: it's easier to wear slippers than to carpet the world. We can't turn our security meaures upsidedown because one or two users have a genuine fear of providing their phone number (but do not object to their credit card being transmitted to us). I'm not diminishing your personal feelings; I know they are genuine. It's just that we have a business to operate and we have to have rules that protect our members. If we take away the requirement for a phone number, I will have hundreds of people complaining. It's a balancing test and we made a decision.

When did you upgrade and to what level? It appears that you have downgraded yourself so I can't tell. Let me know and we'll make a pro-rata refund of your membership amount.

Michael
Old 12-10-2005, 09:47 AM
kittycat

I need to locate 4-40 cap nuts. Can't seem to buy a small quantity, just by the thousand. Only need about two dozen.

Can some one help me?

[email protected]

kittycat