Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Did I get Ripped?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Snowball1952
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I get Ripped?

I made a deal with what I felt was a good guy back the first part of April. We even talk on the phone a few times. We agreed to a trade. I sent my stuff to him. He said it would be a week or so before he got paid then he would replace a part and send it. We emailed. He loved my stuff. He is in Canada so shipping was not cheap. He stated to save money it would take 30 days before I could get the item. I agreed. He said he shipped it insured and that he would get a tracking number in 30 days. WE NOW SAYS HE WAS TOLD I RECEIVED THE ITEMS LAST WEEK. I DID NOT. We had emailed a lot. All of a sudden the following happen in series over this time, mom in hospital, he boke his leg, his house bruned down.Now it is June and I still have nothing and he wants to know if I am pulling his leg.

Any advise folks?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Did I get Ripped?

Trades are always high risk as you cannot use Escrow.com nor any other method to insure you can get your items back in the even the other party does not follow through with their end of the transaction.

If the transaction took place through the marketplace, you should file a fraud complaint which you will find linked at the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace. You should also post appropriate feedback on his account to warn others of his behavior.

Lastly, please PM me with the other persons user name and I will take a look at their market history.