Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Waste of time

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 05:40 AM
Metalizer
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waste of time

When I log in, write a tread and submit. It says im not loged in and then lose everything that I wrote. What em I doing wrong. Thanks Jeff
Old 12-30-2002, 05:44 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Waste of time

it worked ok for this thread though?

is it only some of the time?
Old 01-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Bozwth
My Feedback: (3)

Default Happens quite often

Same thing happens to me quite often. I'll write a nice detailed paragraph or two, put a lot of thought into it, go to submit it and It tells me that I have to log in. Even though I've already logged in. And when it takes me back to where I was, after I log in again, everything I wrote is gone. I get really pissed to say the least. Wasted effort and time is not my idea of fun.

Bozwth.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:01 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Waste of time

If your not sure you are logged in, next time, after you write up the message, highlight it and copy it, that way you can only paste it the next time!
Old 01-06-2003, 12:24 AM
mvigod
Banned

Default Waste of time

if any message is long you should copy it before submitting. logouts can happen if you are not set to browse the board with cookies and the isp "flips" your ip address. the logins are tracked by either cookies or sessions in your url's. If no cookies are used you can get logged out whenever your isp changes your ip address or proxy server as the sessions bind with ip's...ip changes and it's not you anymore thus not logged in.

This is an issue the developers of this software are working on. There is a band aid patch for it I'm looking into using but was waiting for something more permanent from them to fix these buggy issues....in the meantime make sure you are set to browse the boards with cookies and that you copy the text of any long post right before you click submit until it gets fixed.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:17 AM
Bozwth
My Feedback: (3)

Default Waste of time

Thats what I will do. Sounds like you guys are on top of it!

Thanks, Bozwth
Old 01-08-2003, 01:44 AM
mvigod
Banned

Default Waste of time

trying...it only happens to users who's isp's use proxy or rolling ip's of some kind...that is what screws up our authentication methods...waiting for the full fix still and hoping they do it sooner rather than later for everyone's sake.