Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

cooked engine on a revo i bought

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

cooked engine on a revo i bought

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Danker16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cooked engine on a revo i bought

I bought a Revo 2.5r from *********,
according to what he said that the truck was running perfectly fine, but it did not, after mailing him about it he seemed to pretend that the truck was running fine. I spent hours and hours and hours trying to tune the engine, but it would just stall after 2 minutes, bother so much with this thing that i finally took it to the mechanic at my local hobby shop and that guy spent hours working withit, until he said that its cooked, buy a new one? and i am like hum! said nothing can be done about it but to buy a new one. becuase it would shut off when its warm and it would not turn on right away, had to ait for cool down.

i mailed the seller and he does not response, help me i wasted too much money on this thing.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:57 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cooked engine on a revo i bought

I'm sorry you are having a bad time with another RCU member. Please be sure to post appropriate feedback to the sellers account so that other members will be aware of your experience with them. You may also want to consider filing a formal complaint against the seller using the form linked at the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace.

Because the forums are not for discussing issues with other members, I have removed the sellers name from your above post.

You may want to post a question about rebuilding the engine in the engines forum. Chances are you only need a new piston and sleeve instead of an entirely new engine.