Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

should i be concerned?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i be concerned?!

hello all,

i bought this vendetta. and the guy said he sent me an invoice. but i didnt' get one. when i go to the "my offers" section i can see that i won the truck. but i don't see a paypal link. does that mean he did something shady that i should be concerned about? or am i good?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Default RE: should i be concerned?!

in the "forms of payment accepted" section of the listing, he lists paypal.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Paypal link is posted on the invoice the seller sends to you. Ask him to resend it. Be sure your spam filter is not set to block emails from RCUniverse.com
Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 PM

considering the following red flags i have decided not to purchase the truck

1) a constant overall gut feeling that it i was going to get ripped off.

2) the truck came with a spektrum radio (2 model memory) the seller had listed the same radio in another ad. i asked why/how he was selling the same radio in both ads. he said he had 4 cars and two radios. one radio went with the other ad. this radio went with this ad. i don't know how he was going to control the two cars he didn't sell. the ad he had listed (i wasn't watching it, i should have) was gone immediately after i asked about the radios. he claimed he sold it.

3) his ad listed money order, personal check, and paypal as accepted payment. but he told me in email that he only took paypal.

4) his paypal email was different than the email through which we corresponded.

5) he edited the ad multiple times in a couple of days changing the price and what was included

6) he said he sent me an invoice but i did not receive it. i checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either. he said there must be a problem with "their system" he wanted me to just paypal the money to him.

7) he had signed up no more than 6 months ago. he had no ratings at all. he had no forum postings. he had no info in his profile at all.

8) he had previously declined an offer for more than my offer.

9) i spoke to the person who had offered more and he told me he too was skeptical of the seller. the other potential buyer had offered to pay $35 dollars more than me but it was to be sent COD. the seller declined because he wanted the money right away.

overall, i just decided i wouldn't count on paypal's buyer protection policy should i get ripped off. just wasn't worth the risk. anyway, i hope someone else might read this later and find it useful.

thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is entirely your choice to make.

Because there is no clear evidence the seller was trying to, or had, defrauded anything (his marketplace feedback was all Good), the screen shots which showed the sellers screen name have been removed from your previous posts.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:31 PM

oh, sorry about that. if i had thought about it i would have blacked it out.