Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Do I have a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 PM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do I have a problem?

All right, to begin with I'm new to this marketplace and paypal thing. Guess I live a pretty sheltered life.

Anyway, I purchased an item and was sent an invoice on Jan. 16 that I paid using paypal that day. Actually, I had to do two payments, the first on on Jan. 16 and the second on Jan. 17. For whatever reason, I had the wrong amount in the first payment and paypal would not allow me to change it. At least I couldn't figure out how. Sso, the next morning I sent an additional payment thru paypal for the additional balance. That second payment went thru early this morning.

Later today, I've gotten an email from the seller that the classified purchase was complete. In the message, it says that the seller has accepted the offer I made and tells me to wait for him to generate an invoice. I thought that was a little strange since I had already gotten an invoice and paid! The seller thanked me for fast payment in an email. While I was reading the email, I also received another email invoice for the original amount for the same item I had just paid for. That makes two invoices for the same item!

I don't know if this is the way this works or not. I guess I should have had my daughter show me how to use this thing! She knows more about it than I do. Terrible thing. So.........what do I do now?

Thanks for any assistance.
Paul

Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
pdm52956

Default RE: Do I have a problem?

20 hits in two days and not one reply. Well, no problem, I figured it out.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the slow response, but over the weekend we generally run a skeleton crew.

You need to contact the seller and explain what has happened. They should have no problem simply refunding the incorrect payment to you.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 AM
pdm52956

Thanks. I did manage to get an email from the seller. He explained that he had generated two invoices for the same item by mistake and apologized. Maybe he'll send two of the items by mistake..........probably not.

Thanks again.