Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Flame Wheel 550 questions

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Flame Wheel 550 questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Flame Wheel 550 questions

Anyone have one of these? I can't believe I am the only one. They said they sold hundreds and have never had a problem with them. I have had nothing but problems.

What are you using for settings when you set it up with the computer.

The early crap I got sorted out and have had some great flights with it but the stupidest thing I have ever seen is the motors keep quitting in the air. It says the motors shouldn't quit in flight mode, but like yesterday, I took off, went into a hover at about 20 feet and all the motors just stopped. You don't have time to get them restarted. What a major pain.

Any ideas how to stop this? Do you have cutoff set to intelligent on the tx monitor? How do you have auto pilot set? They told me to use 130% and that seems to work well. What do you have the loss on the voltage protection set at? It defaults to 0 but I set it on the last one to -2.4 so I wasn't loosing the engines due to battery cut off. There is no way that happened, I was only 30 seconds into the flight.

Any words of advice would be appreciated. I am getting really tired of not having this work right. What a pain.

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:38 AM
afterburner chuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flame Wheel 550 questions

Did you calibrate your battery voltage?